PDA

View Full Version : Usually when we lose

MamaMia
10/17/2009, 08:10 PM
Its almost impossible to log in to this site. I've had no trouble today.

I don't like this trend. :(

Curly Bill
10/17/2009, 10:56 PM
I thought the same thing.

I dare say peeps are coming to accept the losses more than in the past.

jumperstop
10/17/2009, 11:04 PM
Yeah I was suprised I could get on so easy tonight and wondering why everything wasn't slow. Then I told myself that the site just got faster servers.

Sooner02
10/17/2009, 11:05 PM
With all the bad breaks with injuries, o-line way underperforming, this just isn't the team we were led to believe it would be. The losses (all very close) are unfortunately becoming common.

TXBOOMER
10/17/2009, 11:08 PM

Nail on the head.

GottaHavePride
10/17/2009, 11:29 PM
I think most people have re-adjusted their expectations for this season.

Plus, it's tough to get worked up when we just saw Sam get hurt AGAIN, and we're only 6 games into the season.

SOONER44EVER
10/18/2009, 12:24 AM

I think people are getting tired of saying the same thing after every loss too.

Curly Bill
10/18/2009, 12:25 AM
I think people are getting tired of saying the same thing after every loss too.

Good point.

Though after this game I don't get to bag on BV. :( ;) :D

OUAlumni1990
10/18/2009, 12:28 AM
I've also grown to accept poor officiating.

SOONER44EVER
10/18/2009, 12:29 AM
Good point.

Though after this game I don't get to bag on BV. :( ;) :D

I figured there would be people jumping on BV after the game just like they did in our other 2 losses this year. Surprisingly I haven't seen any.

Curly Bill
10/18/2009, 12:33 AM
I figured there would be people jumping on BV after the game just like they did in our other 2 losses this year. Surprisingly I haven't seen any.

If I'm not doing it that prolly means no one will. I'm usually towards the front of the line. ;)

rawlingsHOH
10/18/2009, 02:10 AM

It's easier to accept the losses, when you can understand the team isn't very good.

Okie35
10/18/2009, 02:39 AM
It's easier to accept the losses, when you can understand the team isn't very good.

True... just win out and win the bowl game and I'll be happy.

SoonernAR
10/18/2009, 06:02 AM
You can't knock a whole lot about either the coaching or players efforts, I felt the team gave it their all.......so in my case it's not about accepting defeat but its the way you lose that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I think anyone in the country who watched that game had to be very impressed with our defense in the first half. Texas was able to make enough adjustments to get some success in the 2nd half. And throw in some mental errors on our special teams, there ya go 16-13.

AlbqSooner
10/18/2009, 07:27 AM
I suggest that the ease of accessing this board is a result of a number of people jumping off the bandwagon. Look at who the posters are last night and today and you will see what I mean. There is a silver lining to every cloud.

sooner n houston
10/18/2009, 07:37 AM
I, for one, can't stand to come here and see all the arm chair coaches telling us how poor our real coaches did. You know the ones that took us to the national championship game lat year and three consecitive Big XII championhips, those lousy coaches.

tulsaoilerfan
10/18/2009, 08:46 AM
I was surprised also at how easy the board was to access, but i waited a couple of hours after the game was over; really not that much to get upset over to be honest

baja okla
10/18/2009, 10:35 AM
A little easier to take? Only because it has happened to us too often lately !!

If Sam is in for the whole game - along with the admittedly good job of preparing the team from our coaches, we win this one. As good as Landry has been, he just hasn't gotten enough snaps in practice or in games to be the difference maker yet.

Texas still sucks. Bring on 2010 !!!

Curly Bill
10/18/2009, 11:19 AM
I, for one, can't stand to come here and see all the arm chair coaches telling us how poor our real coaches did. You know the ones that took us to the national championship game lat year and three consecitive Big XII championhips, those lousy coaches.

No one said you have to come here at all. :cool:

sooner n houston
10/18/2009, 11:39 AM
Well thanks, CB. I been waiting for your permission! :D

Did you think of that all by yourself?

Curly Bill
10/18/2009, 11:42 AM
Just trying to make folks lives easier.