PDA

View Full Version : Well coached team wins another close game

MI Sooner
10/17/2009, 06:11 PM
Florida, that is. Even defended the hook and ladder with looking like a bunch of numbnuts. Oh, and one of the only teams I've seen with enough presence of mind to avoid the celebration penalty on the go-ahead score.

Wow we can't win a close one, and I guess this is just the my pessimistic nature, but I never even have any hope in a one score game.

When we were up 6-3 at half and Bradford was out, I really had little hope.

When we beat Mizzou in the fake FG game, Bama in twice, etc., I had a lot of faith that we could pull it out.

Granted, if you told me that we'd play Texas as tough as we did with all our injuries, I'd have been surprised. We actually have more of an excuse for today's loss than some of the others. But damn I hate moral victories. The real kind are so much better.

Soonerman08
10/17/2009, 06:14 PM
Florida, that is. Even defended the hook and ladder with looking like a bunch of numbnuts. Oh, and one of the only teams I've seen with enough presence of mind to avoid the celebration penalty on the go-ahead score.

Wow we can't win a close one, and I guess this is just the my pessimistic nature, but I never even have any hope in a one score game.

When we were up 6-3 at half and Bradford was out, I really had little hope.

When we beat Mizzou in the fake FG game, Bama in twice, etc., I had a lot of faith that we could pull it out.

Granted, if you told me that we'd play Texas as tough as we did with all our injuries, I'd have been surprised. We actually have more of an excuse for today's loss than some of the others. But damn I hate moral victories. The real kind are so much better.

They also had the refs hand them a TD. Bogus PI and personal foul.

picasso
10/17/2009, 07:46 PM
They also had the refs hand them a TD. Bogus PI and personal foul.

This.

G8trGr8t
10/17/2009, 08:06 PM
This.

The PI call was legit, the defender was backing into the wr before he ever started looking for the ball. The PF was called because the guy started running his mouth after the hit. Hit was legit, lip cost him 15. No comment on the Arkie kick that caused the fumble that the ref didn't call?

Sorry to see Sam get hurt again. Hope he heals up alright.

I thought OU deserved to win that game today, your defense played real tough and the OL did better than I thought they might. McCoy is a beast for ya'll.

Sooner Eclipse
10/17/2009, 08:45 PM
The PI call was legit, the defender was backing into the wr before he ever started looking for the ball. The PF was called because the guy started running his mouth after the hit. Hit was legit, lip cost him 15. No comment on the Arkie kick that caused the fumble that the ref didn't call?

Sorry to see Sam get hurt again. Hope he heals up alright.

I thought OU deserved to win that game today, your defense played real tough and the OL did better than I thought they might. McCoy is a beast for ya'll.

Thanks for the wishes for Sam. But I as a disinterested bystander I disagree w those calls. The PI call - he did turn around late but only touched the WR after he did so and the WR slowed. On the PF - if a fist pump and a kind word will get you that after the the player tried to blind side him and ended up on the short end of the stick, then Tebow would have negative yardage after penalties every game he played. Both were an attempt to ensure the conference leader didn't lose to an unranked team. It worked. Dont forget the INT Tebow would have thrown on the last scoring drive had the FLA WR not interefered - not called. Hard to beat that kind of non-biased judgement.:rolleyes:

homerxsimpson
10/17/2009, 08:48 PM
The PI call was legit

No it wasn't.

jumperstop
10/17/2009, 08:57 PM
No it wasn't.

I haven't caught the replay of it, but he never turned around and that will burn you every time. On the big screen though it did look like he didn't touch him at all.

Sasakwa
10/17/2009, 09:17 PM
but he never turned around and that will burn you every time

Yep. Coaches have to pound that into DBs. Why not turn around anyway? Give yourself a shot at a INT. Don't get it.

85Sooner
10/17/2009, 09:22 PM
Was there, saw it, it was legit!

JLEW1818
10/17/2009, 09:23 PM
the good ole days

soonerfan69
10/17/2009, 09:39 PM
**** Teblow and the Gators the refs are there best friends they gave them that win