PDA

View Full Version : PFTHHHT

westcoast_sooner
10/17/2009, 05:42 PM
That's me trying to get the taste of burnt Bevo out of my mouth. I had hoped that if I offered up my smoked brisket to the football gods as a burnt offering, that they would smile on the Sooners today and we would get the win. No such luck so I decided to try and eat that dry shoe leather and ended up just washing down the ashy taste with as much beer as possible.

Overall, I am not going to complain about this game too much. Honestly, it hurts a lot. Goint in, I figured Texas D would be tough, and ours would be as tough as the shoe leather I was trying to chomp on. My thought was that Bradford would be able to have some success picking the horns secondary apart, and that with Broyles in the lineup, we would have enough playmakers to get it done.

Having Sam go down early changed the complexion of the game. While the D played really well overall, our offense never really got going. Landry played well overall, but (damn, I'm tired of saying that...)

I'm not sure Texas deserves a number 3 ranking, though. While their D is stout, their offense has been less than stellar.

For OU, I think the good news is that there isn't anyone on the remaining schedule we can't beat. KU will be tough in Lawrence, but no reason we can't beat the fighting Manginos and keep getting better every week.