PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time we got beat?

SOONER44EVER
10/17/2009, 04:33 PM
I mean when was the last time we played a team and they were just better than us? I think our losses since usc were a combination of dumb penalties, dumb mistakes, dumb coaching or unfortunate injuries. It seems like one way or another we always seem to find a way to lose. Has to be the usc game. Even in that game they knew every play we were going to run and we had a ton of stupid mistakes and penalties.

mightysooner
10/17/2009, 04:35 PM
I mean when was the last time we played a team and they were just better than us? I think our losses since usc were a combination of dumb penalties, dumb mistakes, dumb coaching or unfortunate injuries. It seems like one way or another we always seem to find a way to lose. Has to be the usc game. Even in that game they knew every play we were going to run and we had a ton of stupid mistakes and penalties.

Well....Florida was better than us.

SOONER44EVER
10/17/2009, 04:37 PM
Well....Florida was better than us.

True, but I think we still found a way to lose that game. Penalties, bad playcalling, stupid mistakes.

okcusooner
10/17/2009, 04:52 PM

2005 Texas team kicked our *** pretty hard.

westcoast_sooner
10/17/2009, 05:25 PM
West Virginia?

SOONER44EVER
10/17/2009, 05:29 PM
Oh yeah. Those are good ones. :(

OUfan7
10/17/2009, 05:32 PM
Agreed.....Four running plays in a 1st and goal situation when we have a Heisman trophy winning QB, AA TE and 3 very elusive WR's. OUr playbook has been vanilla as homemade ice cream for whatever reason (personnel, lack of personnel, injuries or a combination). MINDBLOWING?????

Sooner98
10/17/2009, 06:07 PM
Texas 2005
UCLA 2005
Texas 2006
West Virginia 2007
Florida 2008
Texas 2009

SOONER44EVER
10/17/2009, 06:09 PM
Texas 2005
UCLA 2005
Texas 2006
West Virginia 2007
Florida 2008
Texas 2009

The last 2 not so much.

Johnny Utah
10/17/2009, 06:15 PM
The last 2 not so much.

agreed

ProdigyDub
10/17/2009, 07:03 PM
The idea that a team doesn't get beat but "beats itself" is overplayed, IMO. Your question assumes that what one team does in a game (dumb penalties, dumb turnovers, etc.) is somehow independent of what the other team does. OU had dumb turnovers today because Texas forced them into dumb turnovers. They had dumb penalties because Texas kept the game tight throughout and players are more likely to commit dumb penalties when the pressure is on and emotions run high. As for "dumb coaching," I don't even agree that OU's coaches did anything dumb today. But if they did, it would certainly be intrinsically related to what Texas was doing.

And this isn't particular to OU or an OU bash. The same goes for Texas when we have dumb turnovers, penalties, etc.--a lot of that has to do with feeling the pressure from our opposition. When we met in 2007 and Jamaal Charles fumbled inside the OU 5 and dropped a ball that turned into a pick, in what turned out to be a 28-21 win for OU, were those a "dumb turnovers"? I'm betting from your perspective, that was great defense (which it was).

soonerfanlv
10/17/2009, 07:36 PM
The idea that a team doesn't get beat but "beats itself" is overplayed, IMO. Your question assumes that what one team does in a game (dumb penalties, dumb turnovers, etc.) is somehow independent of what the other team does. OU had dumb turnovers today because Texas forced them into dumb turnovers. They had dumb penalties because Texas kept the game tight throughout and players are more likely to commit dumb penalties when the pressure is on and emotions run high. As for "dumb coaching," I don't even agree that OU's coaches did anything dumb today. But if they did, it would certainly be intrinsically related to what Texas was doing.

And this isn't particular to OU or an OU bash. The same goes for Texas when we have dumb turnovers, penalties, etc.--a lot of that has to do with feeling the pressure from our opposition. When we met in 2007 and Jamaal Charles fumbled inside the OU 5 and dropped a ball that turned into a pick, in what turned out to be a 28-21 win for OU, were those a "dumb turnovers"? I'm betting from your perspective, that was great defense (which it was).

Wow, that was deep. Now go slither away until next year whorn.

UTSINCE96
10/17/2009, 07:41 PM
Ahh the old they didn't win it we lost it card. Typical of Sooners.

BHud
10/17/2009, 07:51 PM
A few hours ago? Muschamp and Davis made GREAT halftime adjustment. OU's staff? Not so much.....

-16 yards. And you didn't get beat? Come on....

Leroy Lizard
10/17/2009, 08:28 PM

That's typical of every fan base in the country.

rawlingsHOH
10/17/2009, 08:59 PM

You can not honestly be impressed with Texas' play today. Both teams were godawful.

The defenses are obviously talented. But 240 penalty yards and 8 turnovers is flat out terrible play, both teams.

cvsooner
10/17/2009, 09:19 PM
Franks' fumbled punt was a stupid move. The fumble from Jones to Murray (I put that more on Jones) was a terrible fumble. Cameron Kenney's fumble was a dumb play call. The second interception was bad.

Without the turnovers and the penalties in the first half, Texas is going nowhere.

JLEW1818
10/17/2009, 09:20 PM
3 losses

combined 5 points