PDA

View Full Version : So if he is out for the rest of the year...

Big D Sooner
10/17/2009, 04:02 PM
does Bradford come back for his Senior year?

nighttrain12
10/17/2009, 04:08 PM

Yes, he has to get his draft stock back higher. Can someone name a first round QB draft pick that missed most of their final college season because of injury?

prrriiide
10/17/2009, 04:15 PM
I think he just about has to.

Zbird
10/17/2009, 04:17 PM

Nooooooooooooooooo. You've seen the last of Sam in Sooner uni. My guess, surgery, rehab and high draft pick.

the_sooners_abide
10/17/2009, 04:19 PM
He has to come back, or there will be injury questions that will make his stock drop...like AD's.

Harry Beanbag
10/17/2009, 04:24 PM
He has to come back, or there will be injury questions that will make his stock drop...like AD's.

Good, he'll go to better team then...like AD.

nighttrain12
10/17/2009, 04:38 PM

AD did come back for the last part of his Junior year after missing time with an injury and I think it helped his draft stock.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/17/2009, 04:44 PM
Assuming he has good workouts for the scouts, he will fall to mid to late first round.

rawlingsHOH
My hunch is Sam will come back.

OUEarl
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I really think Sam just needs to pack it in, have the surgery and concentrate on his pro prospects. He doesn't need to prove anything more by coming back next year. It's way too big of a risk. And I think the best thing for this team is for Landry to become the leader the rest of this season and heading into next year.......with several more conference starts under his belt, he's gonna be scary good next year!!!!

IronHorseSooner
10/17/2009, 04:46 PM
I think he does, because multiple injuries can hurt draft stock. He would need to have to disprove the injury problem. We would still need to solve the OL problem, which could factor into his decision process.

OUbasketball4life
10/17/2009, 04:47 PM
I think his stock will drop this year with 2 possibly 3 quarterbacks going infront of him due to injury concerns. Jake locker colt McCoy and clausen has the chance to jump him this year. I say he has surgery and comes back

Bosley
10/17/2009, 04:55 PM
Good, he'll go to better team then...like AD.

He may fall far enough to get sucked up by Minnesota...

Imagine that one for a second.

sooner ngintunr
10/17/2009, 05:16 PM
No way he comes back. I don't see any reason why he would. How is the decision of coming back this year working out?

Gonna give it another shot? I really doubt doubt it.

canes4ever
10/17/2009, 05:44 PM

Depends on the NFL feedback he gets after Jan1. If NFL clears his injury he could easily be a first rounder.

John Kochtoston
10/17/2009, 05:50 PM
Sam Bradford is stil the top QB prospect this year. McCoy is a 2d-3d rounder. And Bradford will destroy Claussen in interviews.

Okla-homey
10/17/2009, 05:58 PM

If he starts talking that way, I will personally drive to Norman, hunt him down and give him a good talking to. ;)

He needs to play on Sundays from here on out. srsly.

okiewaker
10/17/2009, 05:59 PM
I think his stock will drop this year with 2 possibly 3 quarterbacks going infront of him due to injury concerns. Jake locker colt McCoy and clausen has the chance to jump him this year. I say he has surgery and comes back

Pike as well. Who knows. I think he goes. IMO

FaninAma
10/17/2009, 06:01 PM

Colt doesn't go in the 1st 2 rounds.

He is not an NFL QB

TXBOOMER
10/17/2009, 06:05 PM
I wish he would come back but that is not reality. I can't think of anyone that will go ahead of him. I doubt we will see him again.

aurorasooner
10/17/2009, 06:06 PM
Sam Bradford is stil the top QB prospect this year. McCoy is a 2d-3d rounder. And Bradford will destroy Claussen in interviews. You're probably right, but he probably won't get as much guaranteed $ as he would've last year. The QB rule of thumb from now on will be declare if you don't have a quality OL returning or an excellent OL coach who year in/year out can make silk purses out of sow's ears.

Harry Beanbag
10/17/2009, 07:07 PM
Mallett will go pretty high.

ProdigyDub
10/17/2009, 07:08 PM
Bradford will go pro. He is the best pro prospect in the draft, injuries or not.

Curly Bill
10/17/2009, 07:14 PM
If Sam even thinks about coming back we should order a mental exam for him.

...and if I was an NFL personnel guy I think it would be a little off-putting to me to see him turn down NFL millions so he can stay in college for yet another year.

Sooner70
10/17/2009, 07:22 PM
One part of me says he's put on his Sooner uniform for the last time. Sam is no quitter, but he's a realist. The whole reason he said he came back was to make another run at a NC. That's gone now. With his main go to guy out in Gresham and a shaky OL (although they did pretty well in RRR game), why would he stay & risk further injury, thus lowering his pro stock/prospects more.

The other part of me says Sam simply loves the college scene and all the hoopla around it. He loves being a Sooner and being a part of the OU program. He just might stay in it as long as the NCAA will allow. Money isn't everything.

FriscoTXsooner
10/17/2009, 07:23 PM
The fact is Sam came back too soon the first time around, he should have waited a bit longer. With that said, my guess is Sam will have surgery, sit out the rest of the year, and prepare for the draft.

SoonerLB
10/17/2009, 07:23 PM
His future rests on his shoulder ................ litterally!

okiewaker
10/17/2009, 07:35 PM
We all hate it but he needs to go. Besides, they have a statue to build on Jenkins.

nighttrain12
10/17/2009, 09:34 PM
He made a commitment to come back for this whole year. If he can't play because of injury, then he shouldn't play. But he shouldn't sit just to protect himself for his NFL career, he would be letting his teammates down.

Piware
10/17/2009, 10:21 PM

If he's not going to be a Sooner, this is an idea I could get behind!

GottaHavePride
10/17/2009, 10:26 PM
Badger would have a heart attack.

Or better yet, a conniption fit.

boomermagic
10/17/2009, 11:59 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I really think Sam just needs to pack it in, have the surgery and concentrate on his pro prospects. He doesn't need to prove anything more by coming back next year. It's way too big of a risk. And I think the best thing for this team is for Landry to become the leader the rest of this season and heading into next year.......with several more conference starts under his belt, he's gonna be scary good next year!!!!

I agree with this.. Sam has been a great one but I think It should be Landry's team the rest of the way.. Sam is hurt and should not risk anymore injury and should just concentrate on his nfl career after he heals... I believe thats probably what we will see happen now..

Texas
10/18/2009, 12:15 AM
He's so gone.

10/18/2009, 12:30 AM
I'd wish him well and hope he moves on... another year with us might or might not help us, and I think he'd do much better for himself to move along. Not sure I could stomach another injury in college that hurt the kids chances in the NFL. We'll manage without him, and always hold him as a part of Sooner Lore. I just want to see him reach his potential in the NFL.

sendbaht
10/18/2009, 04:30 AM
2 more years. Hardship this year then 2 more years. He gets to live his dream.:)

ashley
10/18/2009, 06:55 AM
The fact is Sam came back too soon the first time around, he should have waited a bit longer. With that said, my guess is Sam will have surgery, sit out the rest of the year, and prepare for the draft.

Where did you go to med. school?

the_sooners_abide
10/18/2009, 07:03 AM
Please God, don't let the Redskins/Raiders/Rams get Sam. Hasn't playing behind this year's O-line been punishment enough?

swardboy
10/18/2009, 07:20 AM
Lawd, the pro game is violent...I'm starting to worry for Sam.
High draft pick QB's should hope to be in a back-up role for a couple of years, until the suckitude of the team that chose them improves.

the_sooners_abide
10/18/2009, 07:34 AM
Todd McShay just said that if Sam doesn't play again this year, he falls to third on his draft board behind Jake Locker and Jimmy "Caveman Looking" Clausen.

Explodo
10/18/2009, 09:34 AM
I think if he wants to be one of the top 1 to 3 picks of the draft, he has to come back and play a year uninjured...or at least play while nicked up. If he comes out this year he'll go late (Hopefully vikings as stated earlier). I'f I was the guy selecting draft choices this year, I would be more than worried about Mr. Bradford's resiliency. IMHO of course.

PLaw
10/18/2009, 09:55 AM

From personal experience, once the shoulder gets injured (separated, sprained, whatever) then the likelihood of a recurring injury exponentially increases with much less severe trauma that what caused the initial injury.

The play where Sam got hurt on Saturday was not near the blow that he took against BYU with the DL's full weight coming down on top of him. Yesterdary, the tackle was low and his shoulder hit the ground first - on natrual grass, not carpet over concrete.

Sam should have the surgery, rehab, and start preparing for the NFL draft - forget about the draft position. If he is successful at the next level, then the $'s will come.

And really, playing behind this O-line with an O-Coordinator that doesn't seem to care or understand about protecting the QB is a reall crap shoot to a career ending injury.

BOOMER

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/18/2009, 10:18 AM

wait. was that a tear? a sly grin on my face? yes! yes i think it was...oh how nice that would be.. AD, Loadholt, Coop and Sammy all playing together....what a wonderful life it would be :)

starclassic tama
10/18/2009, 01:28 PM
...and if I was an NFL personnel guy I think it would be a little off-putting to me to see him turn down NFL millions so he can stay in college for yet another year.

then it's pretty obvious why you aren't an NFL guy. why would you penalize someone for wanting to stay at their school they love and pour everything into winning and getting better like sam is?

kustang619
10/18/2009, 01:33 PM
I need Sam to come back, I can't stand for my last memory of Sam playing to be him rolling around on the Cotton Bowl turf after re-injuring his shoulder...

ouduckhunter
10/18/2009, 02:00 PM
He goes!! If he doesn't, he needs to be checked for another concussion!

Boomer!!!!

Curly Bill
10/18/2009, 04:46 PM
then it's pretty obvious why you aren't an NFL guy. why would you penalize someone for wanting to stay at their school they love and pour everything into winning and getting better like sam is?

So the NFL should want guys who love college so much they'd rather stay than enter the NFL? Really?

If I'm an NFL guy I'd rather have a guy that wants to come to the league and mix it up with the big boys, not stay in college because it's so allsome.

What are you on, your 6th or 7th year?

Soonerus
10/18/2009, 04:49 PM
Of course he goes pro, after this experience who could blame him...

icmwhOU72
10/18/2009, 05:05 PM
He should definately go pro, and if he drops to like 15 to 32 in the first round, then he would have a good qb in front of him and a good offensive line to protect him. I said it yesterday and Lou Holtz agreed with me, he needs to learn how to fall. He falls like a redwood tree. He does not know how to control his bodywell enough. I hope he rehabs, gets healthy and goes to the nfl as one of OU's best qbs. I am so glad we have sam and not tebow. I am proud to have a rep like sam.

rawlingsHOH
10/18/2009, 05:09 PM
He should definately go pro, and if he drops to like 15 to 32 in the first round, then he would have a good qb in front of him and a good offensive line to protect him. I said it yesterday and Lou Holtz agreed with me, he needs to learn how to fall. He falls like a redwood tree. He does not know how to control his bodywell enough. I hope he rehabs, gets healthy and goes to the nfl as one of OU's best qbs. I am so glad we have sam and not tebow. I am proud to have a rep like sam.

I'm not so sure he wouldn't have gone #17 last year.

Blues1
10/18/2009, 05:20 PM
*Yes* he will be back--(Why...?) ~~ His Goal in Life was to be the QB of The Oklahoma Sooners --- NOT a NFL Qb .....! JMHO.....

starclassic tama
10/18/2009, 09:53 PM
So the NFL should want guys who love college so much they'd rather stay than enter the NFL? Really?

If I'm an NFL guy I'd rather have a guy that wants to come to the league and mix it up with the big boys, not stay in college because it's so allsome.

What are you on, your 6th or 7th year?

3rd year actually, thanks for your concern for my educational well-being. the NFL wants football players. if bradford and his family decide (like they did this past season) that he could benefit from another year in college, getting bigger/stronger and better at the game of football (the same game they play in the NFL), how would an NFL guy look at that as a negative?

btk108
10/18/2009, 10:57 PM
If he starts talking that way, I will personally drive to Norman, hunt him down and give him a good talking to. ;)

He needs to play on Sundays from here on out. srsly.

Dang it....a lawyer who knows what he's talkin about....I like it :D

MamaMia
10/18/2009, 11:19 PM
Well, the verdict is in. Dean Blevins says hes gone.

sooners2win
10/18/2009, 11:22 PM
I think he will not suit up the rest of the year, and go to NFL combine. I still think Sam is a first round pick and there is nothing wrong with that, and I agree that it may work out for the best....get on a better team and not get pounded from day one like some guys, like Joey Harrington for example, David Carr.....those guys got ruined!

StoopTroup
10/18/2009, 11:22 PM
If you were in the middle of Law School and the NFL came to you wanting you to be a NFL Referee....should you leave because you want to mix it up with the big boys on Sunday?

Curly Bill
10/18/2009, 11:25 PM
If you were in the middle of Law School and the NFL came to you wanting you to be a NFL Referee....should you leave because you want to mix it up with the big boys on Sunday?

Sam is going to law school?

...and his future is as a referee?

Damn, I'm really confused...:confused:

StoopTroup
10/18/2009, 11:26 PM
Sam is going to law school?

...and his future is as a referee?

Damn, I'm really confused...:confused:

Yes tama is a first rounder and Sam is in his 3rd year at OU.

Curly Bill
10/18/2009, 11:31 PM
Yes tama is a first rounder and Sam is in his 3rd year at OU.

OK, now I get it...

...what?

I need to turn in for the evening. :O

StoopTroup
10/18/2009, 11:32 PM
Turn the lights out would ya? :D

Curly Bill
10/18/2009, 11:34 PM
Got it.

I'm out.

Piware
10/19/2009, 01:05 AM
Well, the verdict is in. Dean Blevins says hes gone.

Is that a 75% chance he goes and 40% that he will stay?

budbarrybob
10/19/2009, 01:23 AM

This ^^

EnragedOUfan
10/19/2009, 03:41 AM
Well hearing that his re-injury is not that serious at least in my opinion, I think he goes. Hopefully however, he'll beef up in the NFL because he'll receive hits alot worse than those of BYU and Texas.

The_Red_Patriot
10/19/2009, 07:40 AM
No...Bradford needs to get healthy and go to the draft.

He has nothing left to prove.

tulsaoilerfan
10/19/2009, 07:57 AM
FWIW, Todd McShay is projecting that Sam could have cost himself 10-20 million dollars already if he slides to the mid first round; if he comes back, he needs to finish the season healthy; any way he goes it's a huge risk

tulsaoilerfan
10/19/2009, 07:58 AM
Well hearing that his re-injury is not that serious at least in my opinion, I think he goes. Hopefully however, he'll beef up in the NFL because he'll receive hits alot worse than those of BYU and Texas.

Yup, and right now you know that NFL Scouts are having serious questions about his durability; how is he going to handle guys like Ware, Osi, Haynesworth, etc falling down on that shoulder