PDA

View Full Version : Proud to be a Sooner

jdsooner
10/17/2009, 03:59 PM
Our guys their hearts out. I feel so bad for them. They deserve better.

Losing three games by a total of 3 points, all without our starting quarterback, has been terrible. Landry Jones has given good effort, but he is no Sam Bradford. After Bradford was out, Texas could play to stuff the run.

This is not the time to look for someone to blame, for the breaks have all been bad this year. Boomer Sooner, boys! We are proud of our coaches and proud of our team. Don't give up; keep fighting!

sooner_kaufy
10/17/2009, 04:09 PM
Agreed. BOOMER SOONER!!!!

kevpks
10/17/2009, 04:11 PM
I feel pretty bad to but I take solace in the fact that we are still better than every team on the rest of our schedule and Texas has a track record of choking away their conference championship opportunities. I am not giving up on four conference titles in a row just yet.

Big D Sooner
10/17/2009, 04:11 PM
Well said.

wishbonesooner
10/17/2009, 04:13 PM
Best effort I've seen i quite awhile. I thought they played well enough to win. Wasn't in the cards.

AlbqSooner
10/17/2009, 04:48 PM
Landry Jones has given good effort, but he is no Sam Bradford.

YET - he has star potential. Remember, what we have seen him do has been done with an offensive line that isn't there and receivers that have sometimes not been there.

I am very proud of the way we played today given the circumstance. This is just not our year. The luck has not been there as far as injuries and inexperience.

OUEarl
10/17/2009, 04:48 PM
Couldn't agree more, they fought hard today and came up just short.

Boomer Sooner!!

OUbasketball4life
10/17/2009, 04:52 PM
Landry is no Sam Bradford but he def. Has star potential he threw for 250 yds being thrown into a situation like that? That kid is going to be pretty good when he takes over. Sooners have nothing to hang their heads about

ELP Sooner
10/17/2009, 05:05 PM
Good post JD!

VA Sooner
10/17/2009, 05:07 PM
Definitely a good post, JD. We had opportunities and the D kept us in the game till the end. It was a good game overall... injuries and turnovers cost us the game and Texas O figured out a way to score.

ouduckhunter
10/17/2009, 05:24 PM
Yep!! This was the only time all year that we have been jumpin and jivin the entire game and cheering our Sooners for making the big plays!!! If they can just barely beat us with our second string QB, they are going to be in a world of hurt next year!!

IslandSooner
10/17/2009, 05:37 PM
AGREED. Great effort, especially by the DEFENSE.
BOOMER SOONER..................

A Sooner in Texas
10/17/2009, 05:37 PM
Agreed...very proud of our guys, especially Landry and the D. I've not heard anything positive for Texas since the end of the game; most commentators are saying they think the whorns will drop in the polls. Glad we could help!

JLEW1818
10/17/2009, 05:39 PM
yup great post

beating texas would have been great

but we still had about a 0.03243% chance at going to the national title

lets win out!! with Jones at QB, win OUr bowl game

get ready for next year.. The Oline will have a year under their belt.. Jones will have already played a RedRiver game. Murray will be back... Broyles too..

JediSooner
10/17/2009, 06:54 PM
It goes without saying, really... win or lose, Sooner Pride! Unlike around here (San Antonio/South Texas), where people hurt themselves falling off the bandwagon when the Whorns aren't doing well. :rolleyes:

BOOMER SOONER!!! Bring on KU!!

S008NER
10/17/2009, 08:25 PM
I am always proud to be a Sooner. I am proud of this team for fighting hard and almost pulling it out.

Pricetag
10/17/2009, 08:29 PM
Yep. We're entering the part of the schedule now where everyone thinks they'll get their shot at OU, and they'll all lose.

BigBoomerInBigD
10/17/2009, 09:05 PM
Well said.

BBOOOOOMMMEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

MichiganSooner
10/17/2009, 09:08 PM
The team gave all they had. A break here or there and it would have been different. I was not expecting a win; just hoping for one. And how about Bob going for the first down on two occassions? I really believe the rest of the Big 12 is going to be very suprised when they go up against OU. Landry and the receivers will get better.

How about putting a defensive back in at wide receiver sometimes or have one play both ways like Charles Woodsen? There are some athletes on the defensive side of the ball who could run routes and catch the ball on offense.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/17/2009, 09:10 PM
As long as it's not Keenan Clayton.

That poor young man couldn't catch the clap in a chinese wh*rehouse today.

ocsooner
10/17/2009, 09:17 PM
Landry was that good after not expecting to play, and getting hurried all over the place resulting from an inexperienced and hurt line. Give this line a year, and some consistency, and give Landry a year to learn the offense, and he is going to be scary (assuming we can find someone to catch the ball). I like our future with Landry.

Dude, I'm starting to sound like a poke.

Squigglyline
10/17/2009, 09:36 PM
give Landry a year to learn the offense, and he is going to be scary.

This.

The kid is a great quarterback. He is young and will learn to be a leader. You can't blame him for inexperience - in fact - he's made the best of it and generally steps up 100% when asked. I was disappointed with some of his decisions today however I think he did the best he could given the circumstances....

sooneron
10/17/2009, 09:53 PM
Best thread today. Pretty much all of you have echoed my sentiments. We'll win more games this year and you know what they say, "Whatever doesn't kill you..."

BOOMER!

CrimsonandCreamForever
10/17/2009, 11:15 PM
I agree 100%.

It still hurts to lose, but this team came out and played with an overrated, but still pretty good, * team.

Good job, fellas. Keep at it!