PDA

View Full Version : To be fair...

GottaHavePride
10/17/2009, 03:51 PM
Going into this game, I thought we were gonna get our asses handed to us.

Then the game starts, Bradford goes out, Simmons tweaks something, Murray tweaks something, Carter tweaks something...

...and we only lose by 3? And we were a handful of plays away from winning this thing by 14+? A couple of non-missed tackles by our D and punch a couple more in to the end zone, and this game isn't even close. And that's not even counting the passes that hit our d-backs in the hands and got dropped...

Frustrating yes, but better than I thought we'd do. The frustration comes from seeing how close we were to actually pulling this one out.

OUbasketball4life
10/17/2009, 04:08 PM
A full strength Texas team that's supposed to be a national title contender beats a depleted OU team by 3 points? I say good job Sooners very good effort. Texas is not going to make it to the NC game this year they just aren't good enough.

Widescreen
10/17/2009, 04:09 PM
Yo Texas. I'm happy for you and Ima let you finish. But...

Ah screw it. Texas IS the most overrated team of all time. (well, maybe not, but close).

If Texas fans think they win this game if we have Bradford and Gresham playing, they're deluding themselves.

Congrats to them on the win, but if I was a Texas fan, I'd be praying not to make it to Pasadena. THEY WILL GET DESTROYED.

Johnny Utah
10/17/2009, 04:12 PM
Going into this game, I thought we were gonna get our asses handed to us.

Then the game starts, Bradford goes out, Simmons tweaks something, Murray tweaks something, Carter tweaks something...

...and we only lose by 3? And we were a handful of plays away from winning this thing by 14+? A couple of non-missed tackles by our D and punch a couple more in to the end zone, and this game isn't even close. And that's not even counting the passes that hit our d-backs in the hands and got dropped...

Frustrating yes, but better than I thought we'd do. The frustration comes from seeing how close we were to actually pulling this one out.

I agree ... and as a poster in another thread wrote, OU could be 6-0 with a decent running game.

nmsoonergirl
10/17/2009, 05:07 PM
Just got back from the game, and I agree. I am actually very pleased with team's performance, the coaching AND the fans. Seriously, I've been to a lot of Texas games, and I've never been so proud of our fans for noise and sticking in the game.

And, the Texans were pretty well behaved after the game. They know.

Boomer Sooner!

VA Sooner
10/17/2009, 05:09 PM
Not a bad game in the hands of second and third stringers. Played their guts out...

cvsooner
10/17/2009, 09:33 PM
Carter makes that tackle on the TD pass and it's 4th and short. FG time instead of six. That is really the only criticism I have of the D today. OUtstanding play, overall, especially considering the lack of support they're getting from the offense and the unusual work on special teams today. Two fumbles on special teams and a missed FG. We don't make those two turnovers, especially, and/or we make that FG and this is a different game.

spatton713
10/17/2009, 09:44 PM
what happened in the second half why did venables quit blitzing and rotating and switching the d linemen....that **** played hell on them in the first half like 15 knockdowns on mccoy to like 4 in the 2nd half? the d line was stunting and rotating before the snap and then poof it dissapeared wtf?

Sasakwa
10/17/2009, 09:46 PM
So, counting the moral victory we're 4-2?

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/17/2009, 10:04 PM
i was impressed with the heart and passion of the team. there were alot of mistakes, and we all would have liked a W, but the defense played better than any defense i've seen in the past 3-4 years. we just had some bad luck, calls that didn't go our way, and i still feel that the play calling--especially that in the 2nd half was less than desired. but someone mentioned earlier that this loss dosn't sting as bad...and it doesn't. i think deep down i didn't expect us to win this one. if sam wouldn't have gotten hurt, it might have been a different story, but the storyline of the season has repeated itself yet again.

oh and by the way....in my anguish earlier, i failed to realize i went over 1,000 posts today. woohoo and BOOMER!

jumperstop
10/17/2009, 10:13 PM
So, counting the moral victory we're 4-2?

You hush...I would rather here this moral victory crap than fire KW or BV. And there was a lot of things to be proud of today. OUr D played almost as good as they could have.

BoulderSooner79
10/17/2009, 11:07 PM
Texas *is* a good team. Not as good as they were last year, but I'll bet that 16 points off of 270 yards will be the season low on both accounts. They also seem to have the luck going for them this year getting us w/o Bradford and having that schedule change to get Tech early. And as usual - it seems that the pokes are not as good as expects.

GottaHavePride
10/17/2009, 11:21 PM
Well, they didn't really "get us" without Bradford. They "got" Bradford.

olevetonahill
10/17/2009, 11:25 PM
Kiss MY Grits
We've lost 3 Games By 5 Points
Suck it :rolleyes: :pop:

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2009, 12:57 AM
Well, they didn't really "get us" without Bradford. They "got" Bradford.

I wouldn't say that. That was a run of the mill tackle by a smaller player who didn't even fall on Sam with his weight. Sam was already hurt and if that hit took him out, no way he would have lasted the whole game. The horns were not trying to take him out - at least not on that play. My point was that things seem to be falling into place for the horns - the exact opposite of our situation. The rest of their schedule is not looking that tough anymore with the pokes looking like the only real threat. The north looks as mediocre as ever.

Tear Down This Wall
10/18/2009, 01:41 AM
I predicted Texas, 34-31. I never envisioned both offenses going in the fetal position for an entire game.

pappy
10/18/2009, 04:33 AM
Proud of the D

but...

I knew we would lose if it was close though cause little game bob can't win close games (4 - 9 in games decided by 3 points or less)

pappy
10/18/2009, 04:34 AM
Kiss MY Grits
We've lost 3 Games By 5 Points
Suck it :rolleyes: :pop:

you know what losing 3 games by 5 points gets you?

3 losses...which is all that matters.

OUAlumni1990
10/18/2009, 04:48 AM
Still hard to believe that 5 points makes the difference between possibly playing for an NC and being unranked.