PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lining in this Hard Luck Season?

Since71ASooner4Life
10/17/2009, 03:24 PM
With the injuries to Gresham and Bradford potentially hurting their market value in the draft, ido they both come back for another year now to convince everyone they are healthy? I'm assuming Gresham gets a red shirt, and have to wonder how much money it might cost Sam if teams are thinking he's fragile. I remember one of his stated reasons for coming back was to show he could play behind a lesser O-Line than in years past, but frankly speaking that plan couldn't have gone more wrong than it has. I think Gresham would have been gone despite his injury, but wonder if Sam returning too would change his mind.

soonerfan69
10/17/2009, 03:47 PM
Gresham has already stated he's gone and Bradford will have to come back to prove he's healthy cause I bet he's going to have surgery now

goingoneight
10/17/2009, 03:50 PM
This thread is a joke, right?

mightysooner
10/17/2009, 03:51 PM
Bradford, though he's a great QB and a fantastic Sooner, I think is a bit of a creampuff. If I were an NFL scout I'd have to wonder about his toughness honestly.

the_sooners_abide
10/17/2009, 03:53 PM
Here's one: our young guys are getting valuable playing experience. I would have like to see both Dejuan and Jonathan Miller in there today.

nighttrain12
10/17/2009, 03:53 PM
Hey, we just lost by only 3 points to the #3 team in the nation. We are still pretty good, just not a top 10 team this season.

Big D Sooner
10/17/2009, 04:53 PM
This is BS. It is not a matter of toughness, it's a matter of having an injury because he landed hard on his throwing shoulder and stretched/tore the ligaments that cross the AC joint. There is not a damn thing that Sam Bradford can do about that.

Bradford, though he's a great QB and a fantastic Sooner, I think is a bit of a creampuff. If I were an NFL scout I'd have to wonder about his toughness honestly.

mightysooner
10/17/2009, 04:57 PM
This is BS. It is not a matter of toughness, it's a matter of having an injury because he landed hard on his throwing shoulder and stretched/tore the ligaments that cross the AC joint. There is not a damn thing that Sam Bradford can do about that.

I could be wrong but he hasn't been touched for the majority of his career in the backfield here. The few times he's been touched, he's gotten seriously injured.

Remember the concussion he got against Texas Tech? That was an absolute weenie tackle and he got a concussion.

VA Sooner
10/17/2009, 05:05 PM
Bradford needs to go pro. Have his surgery, rehab and work hard in the combine. Do well in the drills and get his money before Goddell institutes the rookie salary cap that has been the sore topic for a lot of the players.

Gresham too. They've done more than their share... this game was lost on sloppy playing and we had plenty of opportunities to pull back into the lead.

Texas may have won but I don't know that they're national title good. Our Defense did a fantastic job... much better than I expected. I do wonder why we stopped disguising our blitzes and stopped putting pressure on McCoy. Was our D exhausted?

Curly Bill
10/17/2009, 06:46 PM
Both would be dumber than dirt to come back.

College was great, and for guys like them I'm sure it's really great, but go get paid.

stoopified
10/17/2009, 06:55 PM
The silver lining is that we are gaining experience on the o-line and at reciever as well as for Landry.This will not only help next year but THIS season.

westcoast_sooner
10/17/2009, 07:05 PM

You have to be kidding, right? I mean, you do remember the game he played last year against OSU where he hurt his non-throwing hand in the first half, yet a) finished the game and b) scored that TD going heels over head diving into the endzone. And you're questioning his toughness? Gimme a break.

BoulderSooner79
10/17/2009, 07:32 PM
I could be wrong but he hasn't been touched for the majority of his career in the backfield here. The few times he's been touched, he's gotten seriously injured.

Remember the concussion he got against Texas Tech? That was an absolute weenie tackle and he got a concussion.

So you're saying his brain is not properly lodged in his skull? A concussion is a brain bruise caused by a collision with the inside of the skull - there is no toughness factor involved. Clearly, Sam should not have been out there at all today because that was not a hard tackle. It showed his ligaments were not healed. So does that make him a creampuff physically or mentally tough for trying to play through the injury? sheez.

So any silver lining? Young guys getting schooled by experience will be that much better the next couple of seasons. That's all I got.

ashley
10/17/2009, 07:40 PM

You are an idiot.

AlbqSooner
10/17/2009, 08:01 PM
The 2010 Draft - i.e. next spring - will almost assuredly be the last draft without a rookie salary cap. Thank you Sam and thank you Germaine. Now go get your money.