PDA

View Full Version : This is the most disappointing season.

colinreturn
10/17/2009, 03:01 PM
so many injuries, yet if we made 3 more plays we could be undefeated.

JLEW1818
10/17/2009, 03:14 PM
No Sam, No Gresham

no chance

Splinter73
10/18/2009, 02:14 PM
Listened to the Cincy SFU game. Their QB Pike was a long-shot Heisman candidate. He goes out with a wrist injury seconds into the second half. substitute comes in and almost doubles their lead. Announcers said that last year Cincy won 10 games. With four (4) different quarterbacks. I guess their players average 1.5 stars. think the OU staff could do that with the same players?

OUAlumni1990
10/18/2009, 02:21 PM
It would be so freakin funny if UT chokes again this year on the way to the big 12 title.

StoopTroup
10/18/2009, 02:21 PM
Hey....it's a tough season for sure and like you said...a few plays here and there and we could still be in the hunt. Thing is...I'm really psyched about Landry being here for a long time as QB. The guy might not be the best we've ever had behind center...but I think he's getting the PT he needs should we get more receivers for him. I like the way this team isn't giving up. hopefully we'll be able to build on this years struggles.

OUAlumni1990
10/18/2009, 02:42 PM
The guy might not be the best we've ever had behind center...but I think he's getting the PT he needs should we get more receivers for him. I like the way this team isn't giving up. hopefully we'll be able to build on this years struggles.

I agree 100%. I believe Landry can get us #8 with alittle more polishing and some good receivers. I'd like to see him improve on turnovers some though...

aero
10/18/2009, 02:49 PM
I agree 100%. I believe Landry can get us #8 with alittle more polishing and some good receivers. I'd like to see him improve on turnovers some though...

Landry has handled it quite well. As unfortunate as the picks were yesterday, they did not surprise me other than they came fairly late in the game. The PT he got in previous games no doubt helped but that game is a whole different beast. Hopefully we'll pay our dues this year and have a lot of returners with some valuable experience that pays off.

TXBOOMER
10/18/2009, 02:57 PM
Listened to the Cincy SFU game. Their QB Pike was a long-shot Heisman candidate. He goes out with a wrist injury seconds into the second half. substitute comes in and almost doubles their lead. Announcers said that last year Cincy won 10 games. With four (4) different quarterbacks. I guess their players average 1.5 stars. think the OU staff could do that with the same players?

I watched the game. The QB that came in looked really good. We get to play them at their place next year. We will be lucky to beat them especially when you consider Williams, Simmons, Eldridge and Clapp graduate. Not real sure if there will be any blocking next year.

LesNessman
10/18/2009, 03:57 PM
I watched the game. The QB that came in looked really good. We get to play them at their place next year. We will be lucky to beat them especially when you consider Williams, Simmons, Eldridge and Clapp graduate. Not real sure if there will be any blocking next year.

There isn't much this year.

TXBOOMER
10/18/2009, 04:00 PM

I know..that is the point.

prrriiide
10/18/2009, 04:00 PM

I realize that they'll be TFs, but the 2010 class has three 4* and one 3* OL recruits. Didn't we also get a commit from another MASSIVE Juco tackle? Like 6'-7" and 320 lbs.?

I'd like to see us get Seantrel Henderson:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3199305

I'd also like to see us STOP LOSING OLmen!! How many have we had leave the team or decomm over the last few years?

Curly Bill
10/18/2009, 05:27 PM
All the lineman we have now are either 4 star or high 3 star recruits, Stephen Good was a 5 star! -- that's no guarantee of anything. Cory Brandon for God's sake was a Rivals 4 star! :O

JLEW1818
10/18/2009, 05:30 PM
the oline should be a positive next year

not a negative

i hope

rawlingsHOH
10/18/2009, 05:34 PM
the oline should be a positive next year

not a negative

i hope
It happened in 02 and in 06, so signs point to yes!

PLaw
10/18/2009, 08:39 PM
Strangest season ever - don't ever remember everthing going bad with so many people doing the "right" thing. At this point, the only thing that could make it worse would be Stoops stepping down.

The off-season woes that ended Switzer's reign were pretty weird, but that was just a bunch of thugs living in Wilkinson Hall. Today, we have quality people doing the right thing and the bad stuff just keeps coming.

Here's to 2010.

BOOMER

prrriiide
10/18/2009, 09:08 PM
All the lineman we have now are either 4 star or high 3 star recruits, Stephen Good was a 5 star! -- that's no guarantee of anything. Cory Brandon for God's sake was a Rivals 4 star! :O

Stars really don't mean a whole lot usually. But if you have a 3* with a great work ethic and your opponent has a 5* also with a great work ethic, chances are the 5* is going to be a better player. Not always true, but usually. But you can't judge work ethic until you get them into Schmitty's work-outs. Oh, I know that their HS coaches can say all they want about the work ethic and ability, but in the end that's just hearsay. The only way to really know is to get them on campus and challenge them. So you have to take the chance on the 4 & 5* kids, because if they pan out they are a force. Not all do. But if you look at it objectively for every 100 players, a higher percentage of 4 & 5* players work out than 3* players.

josh09
10/18/2009, 09:26 PM
It would be so freakin funny if UT chokes again this year on the way to the big 12 title.

Theyd have to lose twice though, I dont see a 3-way tie happening again. Maybe OSU, but probably not. But yes, they could pull a 2006 :D

rainiersooner
10/18/2009, 09:58 PM

I occasionally go down the same path...but, at the same time, USF is not Texas, and Cincinatti did not play and win against teams like Miami and BYU last year. And just like most airplane crashes are not the product of one mistake, but on average ten things that could have prevented the catastrophe, I'm sure that Landry Jones having Jermaine Gresham could have been worth an extra five points...so it's not just losing Sam, and Gresham, and Broyles, etc. It's all of these things at the same time.

OUAlumni1990
10/18/2009, 10:03 PM
Theyd have to lose twice though, I dont see a 3-way tie happening again. Maybe OSU, but probably not. But yes, they could pull a 2006 :D

yeah, I realize its a longshot, but it COULD happen. This is college football where anything can happen :) but I wouldn't put any money on it, just sayin it would be funny...:D

MyT Oklahoma
10/18/2009, 10:36 PM
yeah, I realize its a longshot, but it COULD happen. This is college football where anything can happen :) but I wouldn't put any money on it, just sayin it would be funny...:D

Actually it would be funnier than he**.

MyT Oklahoma
10/18/2009, 10:37 PM

Actually it would be funnier than he**.

sooners2win
10/18/2009, 11:03 PM
nm

sooners2win
10/18/2009, 11:09 PM

Les, you need this for your avatar

http://www.shipbrook.com/karen/blog/images/lesnessman.jpg

kustang619
10/19/2009, 07:45 AM