10/17/2009, 02:06 PM
yup yup

Sonner magic923
10/17/2009, 02:19 PM
ya there killin us that interference call was just bs

rawlingsHOH
10/17/2009, 02:55 PM
The difference in the game once again.

How come it is fair vs BYU, fair vs Miami, never fair against Texas?

boomersooner28
10/17/2009, 03:02 PM
Officiating is killin football for me in college and pro.

WxGuy1
10/17/2009, 03:13 PM
The difference in the game once again.

How come it is fair vs BYU, fair vs Miami, never fair against Texas?

Really? I'd feel fine "blaming" the loss on the officials if we had played well on both sides of the ball. However, we shot ourselves in the foot. Five turnovers, negative total rushing yards, and something like 125 penalty yards? Heck, the only reason why we didn't lose the game by more can be attributed to strong defensive play.

Again, I'm sure some calls that should have been made (and others against us that probably shouldn't have made) may have affected some of the game, but we have much bigger places to place blame. Blame the officials for the OU-TTU or OU-Oregon type games (in which blown calls directly, indisputably affected the final score); blame the anemic offense and mistakes (penalties, turnovers, etc) for games like this. Heck, I'm just happy that we were even this close. This also goes to show just how much a little bit of luck plays in football games... Imagine if McCoy hadn't tripped up the interception run towards the end of the game? Imagine if even ONE of the dropped interceptions had actually been a complete interception and a subsequent pick 6? I forget who had two dropped interceptions, but imagine if the ball had been just a inch or two closer in to make better contact with his hands (and been a Pick 6). We spent a lot of time arguing over which team is better than what other teams, but sometimes, when many mistakes are made by both teams, a little bit of luck goes a long way.

That said, no way is UT a Top-3 team! We showed, today, that UT can be stopped, and

soonergirl_14
10/17/2009, 03:36 PM
But what about all those plays where it was so obvious that the refs were wrong? I know it wasnt entirely the refs fault but you have to admit that the injuries of 5 of our guys messed up our confidence. Not to mention that its very likely that Sam wont be back this year. So yeah, we didnt play as well as we should and saxet brought it after the half.

prrriiide
10/17/2009, 04:14 PM
Here's what I want to know:

Trav Lewis gets pinged for unnecessary roughness on the first penalty of the game. I thought then that the call was bullschidt. TL couldn't have checked him momentum with an arresting wire. Even then he did his best not to totally blow the guy up.

How many times did texass get away with popping our guys out of bounds MUCH harder than what TL did, and there was no call?

Absolutely the worst officiating job I have ever seen outside of Whoregon.

But we still needed to block someone to win. I'm just sayin' the homer glasses were on BIG TIME today.

jkjsooner
10/17/2009, 04:33 PM

Trav Lewis gets pinged for unnecessary roughness on the first penalty of the game. I thought then that the call was bullschidt. TL couldn't have checked him momentum with an arresting wire. Even then he did his best not to totally blow the guy up.

How many times did texass get away with popping our guys out of bounds MUCH harder than what TL did, and there was no call?

But we still needed to block someone to win. I'm just sayin' the homer glasses were on BIG TIME today.

I thought the officiating was horrible but on the plays I remember Texas initiated contact prior to the running being out of bounds. They give you a little leeway if you are already engaged. TL did hit the guy out of bounds.

Other calls, pretty much B.S.

IronHorseSooner
10/17/2009, 04:37 PM
The hit by the * DB on DM in the 4th quarter was BS as well. He led with the helmet and it was out of bounds. The PI was also BS.

aurorasooner
10/17/2009, 05:24 PM
I thought the game was over-officiated & without instant replay the officials graded out at about a C and with instant replay about a B. However it was over-officiated both ways equally chitty.
The thing that gets an F was ABC's way too long commercial breaks. These were brutal. ESPN and ABC for the most part this year have been better than Fox where you could watch "Gone With Wind" during one of their commercial breaks, but today's ABC's broadcast equaled or surpassed a Fox "I turned on to a bunch of commercials, and happened to catch a football game in the middle of them" broadcast.
I also thought that Brent and Kirk did an excellent job today and were as good (today) as a Nessler/Griese-Nessler/Blackledge broadcast and light years ahead of a Fox yapper Lapham (sp-?) broadcast. Best game call I've ever seen from Kirk and Brent, all business, good on-the-field head-ups to the viewers, and no mush or playing favs.

ouduckhunter
10/17/2009, 05:30 PM
We're in Orygun and we said the whole time that those sh*t eating Pac10 refs must be officiating the game!! Heaven help us if somebody hit that poor little inocent Culty McBoy when he wasn't ducking and covering!

Johnny Utah
10/17/2009, 05:33 PM

AGREED!

MI Sooner
10/17/2009, 05:55 PM

0.00 times

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/17/2009, 06:40 PM

But we still needed to block someone to win. I'm just sayin' the homer glasses were on BIG TIME today.Nothing unusual about the officiating in this game. It was very typical, and I'm getting numbed by it. (For some reason, it doesn't bother me as much as it used to)

Okie35
10/17/2009, 06:44 PM
Really? I'd feel fine "blaming" the loss on the officials if we had played well on both sides of the ball. However, we shot ourselves in the foot. Five turnovers, negative total rushing yards, and something like 125 penalty yards? Heck, the only reason why we didn't lose the game by more can be attributed to strong defensive play.

Again, I'm sure some calls that should have been made (and others against us that probably shouldn't have made) may have affected some of the game, but we have much bigger places to place blame. Blame the officials for the OU-TTU or OU-Oregon type games (in which blown calls directly, indisputably affected the final score); blame the anemic offense and mistakes (penalties, turnovers, etc) for games like this. Heck, I'm just happy that we were even this close. This also goes to show just how much a little bit of luck plays in football games... Imagine if McCoy hadn't tripped up the interception run towards the end of the game? Imagine if even ONE of the dropped interceptions had actually been a complete interception and a subsequent pick 6? I forget who had two dropped interceptions, but imagine if the ball had been just a inch or two closer in to make better contact with his hands (and been a Pick 6). We spent a lot of time arguing over which team is better than what other teams, but sometimes, when many mistakes are made by both teams, a little bit of luck goes a long way.

That said, no way is UT a Top-3 team! We showed, today, that UT can be stopped, and

If you've ever played football(or any team sport) you'll know that bad calls do effect how you and others feel and if they get to yall enough they will effect how yall play. You'll get frustrated and won't even focus as much. You're right though UT isn't a top 3 team if so then even though we have 3 losses we should be ranked 4th or 5th then.

okiewaker
10/17/2009, 06:53 PM
Actually, UT had more penaltys than us but who's counting.

BHud
10/17/2009, 07:48 PM
1. You came away with FGs instead of TDs early in the game.
2. You rushed for -16.
3. Penalties were even.

OK-scuses, OK-scuses........

picasso
10/17/2009, 07:58 PM
2. You rushed for -16.
3. Penalties were even.

Yep, we also lost our best player in the first quarter.

But hey, your coach says you guys were just trying too hard in the first half.:rolleyes:

Heckuva game with some strange turnovers.

And be glad our outside LB has hands of stone.

Phil
10/17/2009, 07:59 PM
That phantom face mask on Shipley might have been the single worst call in the history of football at all levels.

FaninAma
10/17/2009, 08:03 PM
2. You rushed for -16.
3. Penalties were even.

Shutup, idiot .

aurorasooner
10/17/2009, 08:12 PM
That phantom face mask on Shipley might have been the single worst call in the history of football at all levels. I thought I heard Kirk say that it was on one of our defenders in front of the play. At the time his voice sounded like "hell, I didn't see anything but WTH, you couldn't screw up a face mask call so it must have been there somewhere". If the ref called it on our player who tackled Shipley then that has to be right up there with the Migliazzo (sp-?) non-fumble call that gave Texas the tie. I haven't watched it back but I d(*& sure didn't see it on the broadcast replay.

rawlingsHOH
10/17/2009, 08:14 PM
Actually, UT had more penaltys than us but who's counting.
Yeah, I like how they called holding on UT when there is :50 seconds left in the game, and they weren't even trying to gain yards. LOL

More yardage against OU, I think there were five 15-yard penalties called against the Sooners.

jumperstop
10/17/2009, 08:16 PM
That phantom face mask on Shipley might have been the single worst call in the history of football at all levels.

THIS!!! I know that this call didn't affect the outcome of the game at all and I don't believe saxet even scored on the drive but that call was terrible. It just lowers my confidence in the refs when they can't make simple calls such as that.

That being said we can't blame bad calls for our loss. They were pleanty on both sides of the ball. I just feel like refs should be able to ref a bit better than they did.

BHud
10/17/2009, 08:18 PM
Wasnt on Shipley, nor was it phantom. It was about 15 ft diag. of Shipley, and it was VERY blatant.

THIS!!! I know that this call didn't affect the outcome of the game at all and I don't believe saxet even scored on the drive but that call was terrible. It just lowers my confidence in the refs when they can't make simple calls such as that.

That being said we can't blame bad calls for our loss. They were pleanty on both sides of the ball. I just feel like refs should be able to ref a bit better than they did.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/17/2009, 08:21 PM
Wasnt on Shipley, nor was it phantom. It was about 15 ft diag. of Shipley, and it was VERY blatant.

No it wasn't.

I saw the facemask in question and the kid had his finger stuck in the texas blocker's facemask. So yes, the facemask was legit. But blatant?

Pay attention, whorn. Be thankful you walked away from the Cotton Bowl with any of your butt left. Because you sure as hell didn't walk away with respect or any chance of the coaches or Harris poll voters putting you in the BCS Championship.

okiewaker
10/17/2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I like how they called holding on UT when there is :50 seconds left in the game, and they weren't even trying to gain yards. LOL

More yardage against OU, I think there were five 15-yard penalties called against the Sooners.

Some calls are questionable but it sounds as if you blame the refs for the loss. :rolleyes:

BHud
10/17/2009, 08:23 PM
His head whipped around. I'll take any kind of W in the RRS. As far as respect......the d, both d's, were absolutely phenomenal. You don't believe the last half of your post, anymore than I do. We win out, we're in. but Mizzou may have something to say about that.

No it wasn't.

I saw the facemask in question and the kid had his finger stuck in the texas blocker's facemask. So yes, the facemask was legit. But blatant?

Pay attention, whorn. Be thankful you walked away from the Cotton Bowl with any of your butt left. Because you sure as hell didn't walk away with respect or any chance of the coaches or Harris poll voters putting you in the BCS Championship.

FaninAma
10/17/2009, 08:28 PM
His head whipped around. I'll take any kind of W in the RRS. As far as respect......the d, both d's, were absolutely phenomenal. You don't believe the last half of your post, anymore than I do. We win out, we're in. but Mizzou may have something to say about that.

Shutup, moron.

Phil
10/17/2009, 08:49 PM

I was at the game, so I didn't have the luxury of replay other than what was shown on the screen in the stadium, but the ref threw the flag right at Shipley when there were only him and about 5 of our guys in the area. It didn't appear at the time that there was any other Texas player in the area of the flag.

rawlingsHOH
10/17/2009, 08:52 PM
Some calls are questionable but it sounds as if you blame the refs for the loss. :rolleyes:

Both teams played terrible. OU has themself to blame. But the call that gave Texsa 3 points, was incorrect, simple as that.

BHud
10/17/2009, 08:53 PM
FWIW, I thought we caught a break, until about the 4th replay.

I was at the game, so I didn't have the luxury of replay other than what was shown on the screen in the stadium, but the ref threw the flag right at Shipley when there were only him and about 5 of our guys in the area. It didn't appear at the time that there was any other Texas player in the area of the flag.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/17/2009, 08:53 PM
From the convenience of the replay, yeah, it was legit. The ref pegged the Sooner responsible in the chest with the flag, who after the engagement, was closing on Shipley.

Hence why it looked like the call was from the tackle on Colt's boyfriend, when it was on the young man that was closing after he disengaged from his blocker after he wrangled his finger out of the guy's facemask.

As a side note, I've had that happen. A bunch of times. And it hurts like hell.

picasso
10/17/2009, 08:55 PM
From the convenience of the replay, yeah, it was legit. The ref pegged the Sooner responsible in the chest with the flag, who after the engagement, was closing on Shipley.

Hence why it looked like the call was from the tackle on Colt's boyfriend, when it was on the young man that was closing after he disengaged from his blocker after he wrangled his finger out of the guy's facemask.

No that was a good call and a stupid mistake by our young safety. Same player got hosed on the interference call though.

jumperstop
10/17/2009, 09:02 PM
Well now that I know it wasn't on that tackle, I stand corrected. No need to be a jackass BHud.

soonerhubs
10/17/2009, 09:22 PM
No one will convince me that the officials didn't have it set up to fix this game for Texas from the get go. There are too many games (OU/TX, TX/Tech [2008 and 2009], TX/KS a few years back when Mangino had his Freudian slip) where Texas gets the calls their way. If you wan't to look at the final stat sheet, you'll see an even amount of penalties, even a few extra on the whorns side today, but everyone knows that the overall means say nothing when it comes to which penalties stopped a series while some kept another going. Stats mean nothing sometimes, when a compensatory penalty is given to Texas during "kneel-down" time during the final :45.

I am jaded by the Big 12, and I now think they should be called the Big WWE. Beebe is a ****** and Weiberg was as well. This promotion of sportsmanship is a joke when ethics seem to mean nothing to these organizations. It's about cash cows, and Texas is the highest revenue generator in this league, so until OU's or Nebraska's fan base outshines the wanks from Austin's, you may as well continue to expect to see Colt's pure shining face giving his ironic "glory to Jesus" speech, whilst the incompetent hacks in striped suits continue to break the 8th and 9th commandments in an effort to bless that Jesus-flashing pharisaic pony boy.

There, I feel better now. :D

Salt City Sooner
10/17/2009, 09:39 PM
The facemask on the Shipley return was on Ibiloye & it was plain as day on the replay. Saying it was blatant is beyond ridiculous though. If the the 5 yard variety was still being called I have zero doubt that that's what would've been called. As the present rules are though, it was a legit call.

Phil
10/17/2009, 09:52 PM

Well, that would explain it, then.

sooneron
10/17/2009, 09:55 PM
No need to be a jackass BHud.

You realize you're saying that to a whorn, right?

Funky G
10/17/2009, 11:15 PM

Mizzou. That's funny.

CrimsonandCreamForever
10/17/2009, 11:24 PM
Not saying I blame the refs for the loss, but there were some pretty bad calls and non-calls.

I'm still waiting for the call on that whorn dragging Landry down by the chinstrap shortly after he replaced Sam.

HolaKyle
10/18/2009, 12:12 AM
Or the call for the "Bush push" of the running back on the first play of their last drive. If they don't get those 5 yards, and a penalty, we come away with some time.

10/18/2009, 01:28 AM
Mizzou. That's funny.I ALMOST want the suc boys to jump the whorns in the poll, or VaTech to jump the whorns might be best.

Salt City Sooner
10/18/2009, 01:59 AM
I ALMOST want the suc boys to jump the whorns in the poll, or VaTech to jump the whorns might be best.
Fuggedaboudit. Va. Tech lost to Ga. Tech tonight.

10/18/2009, 02:28 AM
Fuggedaboudit. Va. Tech lost to Ga. Tech tonight.Those unreliable bastages! I had not heard that. Maybe Boise can jump the whorns?

Jock Ewing
10/18/2009, 08:52 AM
Know excuses

soonerhubs
10/18/2009, 03:21 PM
Know excuses

I know excuses.

CrimsonandCreamForever
10/18/2009, 03:24 PM
I know excuses.

Is she hawt??

soonerhubs
10/18/2009, 05:23 PM
Is she hawt??

I'll peem you pics. ;)

Jock Ewing
10/18/2009, 08:41 PM
Are these ok-cuses?

rawlingsHOH
10/18/2009, 10:49 PM
Are these ok-cuses?

Everyone knows about the Austin Mafia. It just makes the 65-13 asswhuppings even more impressive.