PDA

View Full Version : Question

shrevesooner
4/20/2004, 05:00 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the video they play before home games? The one where Stoops says he is going to turn a football in to a crystal football? Any help would be appreciated.

XingTheRubicon
4/20/2004, 05:33 PM
Jenkins and Lindsay, Sept. 4

SoonerInFla
4/20/2004, 05:47 PM
Please tell me all copies of that POS have been destroyed.

On my knees before The Football Gods.

Please, Let OUr Sooners get back to basics and away from all the Hollywood Bull ****.

Go ahead and flame me now. I know most on here slobbered over that film. Wondering if I'm the only one on here that thought " That's gonna come back and bight us in the ***."

BajaOklahoma
4/20/2004, 05:56 PM
Wondering if I'm the only one on here that thought " That's gonna come back and bite us in the ***."

So you're the one! It's all you fault for putting out the negative energy.
Bad, bad SoonerInFla! ;)

Partial Qualifier
4/20/2004, 06:06 PM
Please tell me all copies of that POS have been destroyed.

On my knees before The Football Gods.

Please, Let OUr Sooners get back to basics and away from all the Hollywood Bull ****.

Go ahead and flame me now. I know most on here slobbered over that film. Wondering if I'm the only one on here that thought " That's gonna come back and bight us in the ***."
I wouldn't go as far as you did, but I kindof agree.

shrevesooner
4/22/2004, 10:48 AM
I think it gives us that swagger and cockiness that we deserve! If we were OSU or Texas, I would agree, but OU is competing for a NC every year, so it is just letting all the fans know what their goals are. Besides that it gets the fans pumped up!

boomersooner28
4/22/2004, 11:36 AM
That video is AWESOME! My wife is killing me to find a copy of it! If anyone does, please let us know where.

SoonerInFla
4/22/2004, 12:13 PM
Sorry but as I remember it goes something like...

We're gonna take this ball and turn it into this ball....and There isn't anything you can do about it.

Well, maybe somebody can chase Sproles down and tell him ' There's nothing they can do about it..Should be easy to find his ***. He's probably still running around in OUr endzone

Pricetag
4/22/2004, 12:16 PM

We're gonna take this ball and turn it into this ball....and There isn't anything you can do about it.

Well, maybe somebody can chase Sproles down and tell him ' There's nothing they can do about it..Should be easy to find his ***. He's probably still running around in OUr endzone
You're right, maybe the producers can keep a second, "one or two loss" video on deck for next year. :rolleyes:

That video was meant to fire up the fans, and it did a damn good job of it.

ouradu
4/22/2004, 12:28 PM
Like it or not, back to the original question, it used to be on the internet. Anyone know where to help this guy out?

Sooner in Tampa
4/22/2004, 12:39 PM

SIF...what's up with that??? You and I both know that video didn't have a damn thing to do with us losing the last two games. We are better than that...we should EXPECT to compete for MNC EVERY year. EVERY DAMN YEAR!

SoonerInFla
4/22/2004, 12:41 PM
You're right, maybe the producers can keep a second, "one or two loss" video on deck for next year. :rolleyes:

Great idea!!!
Or better yet. Maybe next time somebody is in Baton Rouge they can get a copy of their video. OOpsss....They don't have one, they have a real 2003 Crystal Ball, not a Hollywood Version.

Paperclip
4/22/2004, 12:43 PM
Try here.

http://www.ouborn.com/sooner.php

SoonerInFla
4/22/2004, 12:45 PM
SIF...what's up with that??? You and I both know that video didn't have a damn thing to do with us losing the last two games. We are better than that...we should EXPECT to compete for MNC EVERY year. EVERY DAMN YEAR!

You're right CSF, the video didn't have anything to do with the losses. However, I think it looks ridiculous to have somebody saying we're gonna do this and that and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Especially when you see there is actually something that can be done about it as was proven in the

Paperclip
4/22/2004, 12:45 PM

You don't remember it quite correctly. The only time the crystal football was referenced is when Bob says, "We're going to do everything in our power to turn this ball into this ball." What's so wrong with that?

SoonerInFla
4/22/2004, 12:46 PM

You're right CSF, the video didn't have anything to do with the losses. However, I think it looks ridiculous to have somebody saying we're gonna do this and that and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Especially when you see there is actually something that can be done about it as was proven in the BIG 12 AND NC Games that something could be dopne about it. I'm just of the opinion we don't need that BS.

SoonerInFla
4/22/2004, 01:22 PM
Excuse the double post, I got telemarketed and something happened.

Paperclip, I have only seen the video off the internet and it may be different but I'm almost positive Tommie Harris or somebody throws in the " and there's not a damn thing you can do about it" part. If this is something in my imagination then I apologize as the other part, while I disagree with it in a way, it's not as bad.

Looking back on last season, it was just an entire media frenzy that blew up in OUr faces IMO.

First, here comes said video, which I thought was just a little too much on the cocky side for my taste. If it takes a video to fire up the fans as opposed to the mere sight of OU taking the field then OK. I GIVE UP. Play it til the cows come home.

Next, here comes the heisman which JW deserved 100%
Just was unfortunate he wasn't able to perform at 100% when the chips were on the line.

Next, here comes ****** who sucks but managed to stir the pot.

Then comes all the other awards which are presented at a most inoppertune time considering Finals and Championship preperation. Even the Sooner coaches said it was a circus.

Then the last 2 games. Nuff said on that.

It just seems to me that nobody but the 85 Bears have made a video like that and backed it up.

My Point is that I would like to see OUr team get back to the hungry bunch we saw in 2000. Nothing wrong with having stars but the heart and determination showed by Stoops no frills NC Team is hard to come by. .

Paperclip
4/22/2004, 01:25 PM
The players did say "there's nothing you can do about it", but they weren't referring to the crystal ball. They were making statments about scoring or keeping someone from scoring. Only Bob referenced the crystal.

SoonerInFla
4/22/2004, 02:06 PM
The players did say "there's nothing you can do about it", but they weren't referring to the crystal ball. They were making statments about scoring or keeping someone from scoring. Only Bob referenced the crystal.

Again, they were proven wrong.

Sorry, I guess I just don't understand the concept of making a video saying what you're gonna do, especially if you can't back it up.

Get back to basics.
Kick everybody's *** and then if you want to make a movie, do it.

shrevesooner
4/23/2004, 10:18 AM
soonerinfla, your an idiot! I'll bet you abandoned the program in the 90's didn't you! Everytime the video was shown, we were undefeated and ranked #1! You need to move to Arkansas, home of the fair weather fan!

OUDoc
4/23/2004, 11:47 AM
I thought the video was awesome! I want our guys to have a confidence about them. I want them to know they can win it every year. They sure won't win it all by doubting themselves. BTW, unless you went to a home game, you wouldn't have seen the video. It was meant for rabid OU fans, no one else. I'd agree with SoonerInFla if it were a TV spot or something.

That said, we didn't win it all. But I'm pretty sure the video didn't influence it. Maybe they weren't talking about LSU of K-State when it was made. ;)

SoonerInFla
4/23/2004, 05:02 PM
soonerinfla, your an idiot! I'll bet you abandoned the program in the 90's didn't you! Everytime the video was shown, we were undefeated and ranked #1! You need to move to Arkansas, home of the fair weather fan!

shrevesooner
I'm not sure if you're retarded or just have a hard time with reading comprahension.
Either way, you should try and get some mental help with whichever one it is if you think not liking a video makes me a fair weather fan.

OUDoc
4/23/2004, 10:15 PM
shrevesooner
I'm not sure if you're retarded or just have a hard time with reading comprahension.
Either way, you should try and get some mental help with whichever one it is if you think not liking a video makes me a fair weather fan.

Hey,
He asked a simple question about a video he obviously liked (as do I) and you called it a "POS" and you prayed "before The Football Gods."
He asked for help, which you obviously wouldn't give. You didn't simply say, "I hate that video, I wish we never made it."
Now you call him "retarded" and tell him to get "mental help."
Completely uncalled for (as was shreve's calling you an "idiot").
Someone may need help for attacking the request of a fellow Sooner fan, and it isn't shrevesooner.

BTW, calling someone "retarded" really pisses me off.

SoonerInFla
4/23/2004, 11:10 PM
First of all Doc, I said the VIDEO was a POS and in no way did I say anything about shreve until he decided to resort to the name calling.
I'll grant you that the retard comment was out of line but I was pissed. Guess I should of just kept my mouth shut like a good little boy after being called an idiot and a fairweather fan by a fellow sooner because I didn't like the video.

birddog
10/23/2007, 09:29 AM
thanks, shrevesooner for bringing my attention to this thread.

i don't remember seeing that video. can i still get one?

texashater#1
10/23/2007, 10:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUqJL164aMU

found it

OUDoc
10/23/2007, 12:21 PM
I still liked that video. :D