PDA

View Full Version : Are we surprised that all the Jokelahoman sports "writers"...

TheHumanAlphabet
10/16/2009, 10:06 AM
are all picking saxeT?

Not me. Hope we can tell them to shove their predictions Saturday after 2:30pm...

OK2U
10/16/2009, 10:23 AM
Yeah, those impartial journalists are the worst OU fans EVER!

stoopified
10/16/2009, 10:28 AM
On the plus side it seems like we lose when they all ptck us.Hopefully the reverse is true as well.

badger
10/16/2009, 10:32 AM
OU has nothing to lose going into the RRS, including the support and confidence of local sports writers, it seems.

As such, we now have everything to gain.

As the crappy generic jumbotrons in Xbox 360's NCAA Football 2009 says... WIN! WIN! SCORE SCORE! SCORE!

(seriously. i make fun of it every time I see the boys play it)

ouwapiti
10/16/2009, 10:54 AM
all but one dallas morning news picker picked texas both against the line and straight......good karma for the 'good guys' ?????

IronHorseSooner
10/16/2009, 10:59 AM
all but one dallas morning news picker picked texas both against the line and straight......good karma for the 'good guys' ?????

Same down here in Tampa. The only guy who did, Steve Litehall, is a native Oklahoman. What was strange is that a number of thUg fans got on there hoping that * beats us. Don't they realize that by us winning, it actually helps them? It would eliminate a higher-ranked and undefeated team, and it helps them with strength of schedule.

My Opinion Matters
10/16/2009, 11:07 AM
Could it be because Texas might actually have the better team this year? Nah.

gaylordfan1
10/16/2009, 11:20 AM
Yeah, not all but some of the OU sports writers are picking Texas, with that being said, ESPN is giving OU some props primarily due to our running game... oddly enough they haven't said anything about our sub par line. I am excited that we are the underdog... A place where Stoops plays well.

Mississippi Sooner
10/16/2009, 11:23 AM
Same down here in Tampa. The only guy who did, Steve Litehall, is a native Oklahoman. What was strange is that a number of thUg fans got on there hoping that * beats us. Don't they realize that by us winning, it actually helps them? It would eliminate a higher-ranked and undefeated team, and it helps them with strength of schedule.

Says something about the intelligence of the thUg fans, huh?

BoulderSooner79
10/16/2009, 11:24 AM
If I were paid to pick, I'd take the horns too -- unless we magically suit up a better O-line. But no one is gonna pay me to pick, so I'll just drink beer and pull for the guys in the crimson helmets.

IronHorseSooner
10/16/2009, 11:27 AM
I am excited that we are the underdog... A place where Stoops plays well.

In fact, that's why Herbie believes that we are dangerous coming into this game. He said that Coach Stoops thrives on being the underdog, and this is where he excels. There are some sites that are calling a win for us as their "upset of the week."

What would be disheartening for *, but not for us of course, is if we were to beat them tomorrow, how would their team take that. They have two very losable road games after that with Mizzou and OSU, and a tough home game with KU on the horizon. * could end end up a three loss team quite easily.

IronHorseSooner
10/16/2009, 11:31 AM

If that doesn't convince you of the collective intelligence of the thUg fans, then nothing will. As a matter of fact, the smartest fan base down here is likely USF. Too bad they lost to Cincy last night. They have thUg coming in to Raymond James the last game of the year. I predict within the next five years, they will pass FSU, and possibly thUg, as the second best team in FLA. Tampa- St. Pete Metro is a recruiting hotbed.

TXBOOMER
10/16/2009, 02:40 PM

They would have to possess the ability to reason to see that.

GKeeper316
10/16/2009, 02:51 PM

and it speaks to the national hate for oklahoma that goes back to the wilkinson era when our 3rd string could start anywhere else in the country and we won everything under the sun.

ask people why they hate OU so much and they'll tell you they just do.

mightysooner
10/16/2009, 02:52 PM
Why do people keep saying Stoops/we play(s) well as the underdog? Being an underdog hasn't fueled our team in several years that I can recall.

smooth3d
10/16/2009, 03:27 PM
Every time we are the under dog and feel disrespected (other then recent nc games) we come out and kill the other team. Its when we are heavy favored to win is when we stink it up!

aurorasooner
10/16/2009, 03:50 PM
http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q474/aurorasooner/1LouBrownLocalPress.jpg

meoveryouxinfinity
10/16/2009, 04:12 PM
Why do people keep saying Stoops/we play(s) well as the underdog? Being an underdog hasn't fueled our team in several years that I can recall.

Well, we aren't an underdog very often. But a few Mizzou games, playing a higher ranked TTech team last year, etc.