PDA

View Full Version : Amp'd UP

westcoast_sooner
10/15/2009, 08:09 PM
Honestly, I'm as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Went for a walk while ago and my mind was full of trying to figure out matchups from every conceivable angle, and what-if scenarios.

I'm taking the day off tomorrow and going to play golf, and I'll likely play horribly as my mind won't be focused on my swing, or on the shot, but more on things like stopping Shipley and looking for where Kindle lines up.

I may not sleep for the next two nights, and I'm not even going to be anywhere near Dallas. I honestly don't think I've been this amp'd up about OU/Texas in a LONG time. Glad I'm not the guy calling plays - I'm happy being a fan right now, if just a sleep-deprived one.

Go Sooners.

olevetonahill
10/15/2009, 08:12 PM
Ive become Pretty Stoic over the years watchin The SOONERS

I EXPECT em to WIN every time they take the Field and If we lose one then THAT SUCKS

AlbqSooner
10/15/2009, 08:35 PM
I am a lot the same vet. I suspect it is a factor of age and having watched so many OU games over the years. HOWEVER, when the TV brings up the cameras in the Cotton Bowl and the game is only minutes away, I become - ummm - shall we say, less than stoic.

olevetonahill
10/15/2009, 08:41 PM
I am a lot the same vet. I suspect it is a factor of age and having watched so many OU games over the years. HOWEVER, when the TV brings up the cameras in the Cotton Bowl and the game is only minutes away, I become - ummm - shall we say, less than stoic.

Bro Im Only Stoic in the Last Minute of ANY game
I aint broke anything in 5 years

I dont care how far behind we are . I never Give up:cool:

gaylordfan1
10/15/2009, 08:44 PM
Vet... show me the way! I have mud butt before every game. That is the exact opposite of stoic!

Curly Bill
10/15/2009, 08:44 PM
Honestly, I'm as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Went for a walk while ago and my mind was full of trying to figure out matchups from every conceivable angle, and what-if scenarios.

I'm taking the day off tomorrow and going to play golf, and I'll likely play horribly as my mind won't be focused on my swing, or on the shot, but more on things like stopping Shipley and looking for where Kindle lines up.

I may not sleep for the next two nights, and I'm not even going to be anywhere near Dallas. I honestly don't think I've been this amp'd up about OU/Texas in a LONG time. Glad I'm not the guy calling plays - I'm happy being a fan right now, if just a sleep-deprived one.

Go Sooners.

If ya figure anything out give Musclehead (Venables) a call. I'm guessing he's coming up empty. :D

olevetonahill
10/15/2009, 08:47 PM
Vet... show me the way! I have mud butt before every game. That is the exact opposite of stoic!

Its real Simple EXPECT the SOONERS to win and Pitcha shut out EVERY game
When it dont happen say DAYUM but we came close .
I choose to see the Greatness of our SOONERS rather than any weakness:cool:

gaylordfan1
10/15/2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks Vet.

olevetonahill
10/15/2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks Vet.

Yer welcome
Just dont ever call Me Dr. Vet
Thatd Pizz me off :D

gaylordfan1
10/15/2009, 08:53 PM
Done.

olevetonahill
10/15/2009, 09:00 PM
The Last time I was so amped I couldnt sleep was Prior to the Neb. Game in 2000.

Was just totally amped out .Couldnt Believe we were Finally back.

After that Game I knew we were going all the way :D
I was so deflated when we went down 14-zip
Then the Great on his Back catch and the rest is History

westcoast_sooner
10/15/2009, 09:23 PM
I'm normally pretty laid back, but I do get pretty excited about the Sooners during football season. Just happy that Sam is back. This is a huge game.

I did spend time thinking about different matchups - Sam and the receivers against their DBs - Our OL vs their D front - thinking about which team had an edge, wondering who might step up and be a surprise, and in the end, what the game might come down to.

Overall, I just can't wait for Saturday. I think this is going to be a good one.

gaylordfan1
10/15/2009, 09:27 PM
I just hope Serg the Texter Kindle stays in front of Trent all night. I would hate to see what he does to our right side.

Curly Bill
10/15/2009, 09:28 PM
I just hope Serg the Texter Kindle stays in front of Trent all night. I would hate to see what he does to our right side.

Crash through it? ;) ;)

beer4me
10/16/2009, 08:50 AM
Honestly, I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Went for a walk while ago and my mind was full of trying to figure out matchups from every conceivable angle, and what-if scenarios.

Go Sooners.

That's the saying

kustang619
10/16/2009, 09:07 AM
I am very excited for the game as well...Last year I got married on Oct 11th, the day of the RRS, the game was at 11 and our wedding was at 4 as I refused to get married any earlier. We had a TV set up in the groomsmen room so that we could watch the game. My groom cake was an OU cake with all sorts of OU decorations. After Texas broke my heart I had to take wedding pictures that my wife is still pissed about because I couldn't even force a smile. The first words out of the ministers mouth were, "we are all gathered here today to try and salvage this OU/Texas rivalry Saturday." This whole year I have felt a little guilty about the loss. I left my house at halftime of the game to go to the church and I missed about 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter. So for the past year I have felt that if I wouldn't have missed any of the game that OU would have one. Guess I just thought that I was being punished for missing any of an OU game. I have been waiting and anticipating this game for a year. We are the underdog and I don't mind that at all...I will cheer with a ton of passion tomorrow...Boomer freakin' Sooner!

westcoast_sooner
10/17/2009, 12:16 AM
Just as a follow-up, I didn't think about the game at all during my golf game and was able to focus on golf. Did pretty well, but every golfer out here knows there are always a couple of holes that you could have made a shot here or there. Overall, I'm ok given the conditions of the course (2 days post-75 mile per hour winds knocked down a lot of trees, branches and all sorts of stuff in Carmel).

Found out tonight that Broyles and Carter are playing. NICE surprise.

Boomer.

Bullneck
10/17/2009, 12:40 AM
Bullneck says to take it easy, boys. You aren't playing tomorrow.

And it won't make any difference anyway. Texas 52, OU 13.

MeMyself&Me
10/17/2009, 12:58 AM
You want to talk about contrast...

People know me for being extremely laid back and that it takes a lot to get me excited, worked up, or even laughing... to the point that less secure people are uncomfortable around me. I don't know why I'm like that but I am. Few people besides my family have seen the 'OU Football' side of me which is quite a bit high strung. It's almost as if I have to step up my exercise when football season is approaching just so I don't have to worry about a heart attack while watching a damned football game. Usually sitting down, then jumping up, then sitting down, just to jump up again and start pacing, then scream something at the TV like someone that matters can hear. I'm sure the neighbors can hear. I'm sure I've scared the family pets. I've woken the kids up from sleeping on evening games which really pissed my wife off when they were babies. I've yet to break anything but I was told that I threw a beer bottle at the TV during the 2001 OSU game which I don't remember doing (La Rosa is a strong beer apparently). Thank god OU is a good team so that usually what I'm yelling/screaming/whatever is positive though. Otherwise, I'd have to rethink how I spend my Saturdays in the fall. I have decided since that 2001 OSU game that I don't need to be drinking if OU's not playing well though. That seems to be a trigger for drinking faster than my usual slow pace. LOL

This is better than I used to be. When I was a kid, I'd watch the OU games, and while I'd get excited, I didn't get NEARLY as worked up. But if OU lost, I'd be a miserable person to be around for 4 or 5 days. Actually, miserable is probably not a strong enough word. Despite getting more worked up I get over it much quicker these days. Maybe getting over it quicker is a product of having attended OU during the Schnelenburger/Blake years and getting more worked up over it during the game itself is a product of being old enough to know just how rare it to put together that magical season that produces that NC.

Anyway, this all gets amplified during OU/* week and is why I'm not sleeping now. Tomorrow, I have a rare occasion to have to watch this game in a public place (not a preference) around the kind of people I'm usually very stoic with. I wonder if I scare the **** out of them. :)

SteelCitySooner
10/17/2009, 01:10 AM
I am amp'd up!

Flagstaffsooner
10/17/2009, 01:41 AM
Hey, texass...
http://www.antville.org/static/sh1/images/bugs%20bunny.jpg

Blues1
10/17/2009, 02:16 AM
To All Amp'd Sooners.....

Just Repeat After Me ~~~~ Twittle Wettled = Scully Wully = Polly Koogul = Beffetle Dettle and Take Two Chilly Dogs and Call Me in the Morning.

This might Not help you Sleep. But it Will Clean You Out. ~~~ :)

PS. Keep Rockin'