PDA

View Full Version : "...so how we gonna be this year with the man child in L.A.?"

the_ouskull
10/15/2009, 04:33 PM
This quote, which I received in a P.M. earlier this week, got me to thinking: F*CK YEAH! It's basketball season!

-----

But, in response to the actual question, I think that, whether or not our record directly reflects it, we'll be an all-around better basketball team.

"But, but, but, Blake..."

Yeah, I know about Blake. He was REAL good. Especially on the glass. Like, historically good. This isn't about Blake. This is about Sooner. And I think that the Sooners have a shot to be better.

-----

My (not projected, desired) starting lineup:

Point Guard:

I think that we have to go with the rookie, Tommy Mason-Griffin. He's undersized, vertically, yes, and will be subject to isolation post-ups. He's also bigger than a lot of point guards, and will be able to hold his own, physically, against a number of the guards he'll see. If he's able to maintain his strength and weight as his conditioning comes into form, he has the potential to develop into a bulldog, defensively... never great, but always tough and always aggressive.

It's his offense that should have people excited. He's the rare scoring point guard who looks to pass first. He's quick, he handles the ball well, and he protects the ball well.

His best "move" early in his college career will be his quick pull-up jumper. He's usually able to recognize the level of separation that he needs in order to get it off over the man guarding him, and he's pretty accurate inside of 15-17' with it. If he's able to get some good picks, I think that, because of his size, he'll catch some people slipping underneath rather than going over the top, and he'll be able to get looks early in games that way. He has a 34" standing vertical, and he uses it well on his quick pull-ups.

An area of opportunity for him will be how quickly he gets his other shots off. When his feet are set, it's usually with his left foot slightly forward. He'll then drag the right foot over as he brings the ball up to shoot it. I understand why he does it. I do it! But, playing against college-caliber players, that extra step is exactly the amount of time that taller (most of the players he'll see in college) players need to close out and make that long ball, 45% in high school, a low percentage shot in college. Watch his shooting percentage when he's got both feet set when he catches the ball, and compare it to his percentage when he's pulling right towards left as he shoots. (If he's WIDE open, the pulling percentage will ALWAYS be higher. I'm only talking about plays on which he's closely guarded.) Anyway, as he learns to take those hitches out of his shot, he'll improve from deep as the season wears on... once again, assuming his conditioning allows this in the first place.

(In seven mile-runs, TMG's best time was good for 5th from last The four who finished behind him are our 4's and 5's. More on this later...)

Overall, it's not often that a player of his physical stature makes McDonald's All-American. This means one of two things... He was very, very good, and understands the game of basketball, and how to make it work for him... OR, his numbers and abilities were inflated due to a vastly inferior level of competition.

I think that, as he learns more about the game from our coaches, his game will change from what we saw in high school - primarily scoring, to what I think he can become... a scoring point guard who looks to pass first.

Shooting Guard:

Willie Warren. On almost every other team in the country, I would be typing his name in his slot as well. There's not a lot I can say about Willie that hasn't already been said...

...except his faults.

Make no mistake about it. He is an amazingly talented player, and by all accounts, has only gotten better this summer. This is HIS team. No question. His true shooting percentage of 62% was ridiculous, especially for a perimeter-oriented freshman.

But, as the season wore on, he stopped attacking the basket with the same intensity. If he continues to settle for perimeter shots, especially now that the "obligation" to lob the ball inside to Blake is no longer there, because, remember, this is Willie's team now, then we could see an increase in statistics from Willie, leading everybody to get p*ssed-off at me later when I point out that it led to a decrease in production.

Personally, I think that Willie's smarter than this, and, unlike last season, he's got a bit more than just he, and Blake, to spread the ball around to. In addition, he won't have to do as much spreading around for two reasons: 1) we have a "true" (and good) point guard on the roster now, and, even though he's young, he can handle the ball; no question, and 2) it's HIS team now. Leaders want the ball late in games. If Willie's taking that ball to the hole, we're going to be a good basketball team. If he's jacking up long balls, we're going to be a nother basketball team.

We will go as far as he is capable of taking us. We are HIS team.

Small Forward:

Cade Davis. Yeah, that's right. Him. (In case you're new, or, like most intelligent humans, blow me off when I speak, I spent most of last season ripping into Cade Davis.)

Uh. He's in shape now, guys.

In the aforementioned series of mile runs, Cade finished with the best overall time, 5:19, and crossed the finish line with 5.1% body fat and the third-highest vertical jump on the team, at 36.9".

The days of "slow white boy" are over, ladies and gents. At least they'd better be, if he wants to see the court this season. If his strength improved as drastically as the rest of his physical attributes seem to have improved, then we could be looking at a very, very different Cade Davis this season.

Couple the physical improvements with the improvement of the composition of our team for his playing style, and I think that starting him is the only logical choice. Last year, we had a point guard who, frankly, just was not good, and a shooting guard playing point. Cade didn't see the ball very often, and, when he did, it was often because nobody else had a look either. That he shot almost 35% from the arc is a credit to his shot, much more so than it is to his shooting, as evidenced by his 48.5 true shooting percentage his freshman year, when he wanted to be known as the "good shooter off the bench," and put up too many ill-advised shots, to the 55.4 of last season, when he just took advantage of the looks he got, and only rushed/forced the occasional shot. Once he stops rushing/forcing shots, and his TS% gets into the 60's, (something that could also happen if he drove to the basket a bit more often) then teams will have to start respecting his all-around game.

Coming off of the bench, playing with the second unit, would afford him no opportunity to do that. In fact, it make make him the focal point of the offense, which I don't feel he's ready for at all.

Many people feel that this should be Crocker's spot. I don't. I'll explain why later.

Power Forward:

This is where I'm torn. Andrew Fitzgerald or Ryan Wright? Just as I feel Cade's hard work should be rewarded, so let it be right Ryan? No. I feel that the player that gives us the best low post presense should be the one to start here. Offensively, we need to expect, nay, demand, the occasional low-post bucket. I don't know if Fitz can, but so far, Wright can't.

BUT, I know that Fitz finished ahead of TMG in the mile-run contests, and that he has a 7'2" wingspan. He's BUILT to play the four in college. In addition, I feel we'd be able to get the most out of his skills by putting him in the lineup with our best players. Maybe he's not a better player than Wright right now, but he's got a shot to be MUCH better; a higher ceiling, if you will. Right now, however, I also feel like he's got a lower floor. He's not very strong, especially for his size, and he's not terribly athletic, usually relying on his size and good, intelligent positioning and spacing to get his shots off. That's great... but if he's having to rely on that stuff in high school, what's college going to be like for him? I hope that he's got the size and the, uh "la cabeza," to take his game to the next level, but his lack of athleticism may come back to haunt him.

Also, as far as Wright goes, he's experienced, understanding the system, etc... would it not make a lot of sense for him to run with the second unit, to help keep them in check on the court?

Center:

Keith Gallon. He may be called "Tiny," but his game is not the least bit tiny. He is another, and would be our third, in my perfect world, McD's AA starter for our squad. Something ELSE that would get our program some positive attention. (At OU, we LOVE the golden arches...)

He is a big man who, at times, sadly, must be reminded of that fact. If he starts drifting out towards the arc, on offense or on defense, then, suddenly, we're going to struggle a lot more than we thought we would replacing Blake's (and Taylor's) rebounding. He's a good rebounder because he gets his big *ss up against people, not because he's athletic and strong.

What worries me about him is his conditioning; his ability to stay healthy. He missed the pre-season conditioning tests with a "minor injury." Was that it, or did he not want to submit to the body fat test? I mean, come ON? A "minor" injury kept him from lifting? From jumping? How "minor" is it?

Anyway, he's got a good basketball I.Q., and can shoot the ball fairly well from the outside... but as far as where WE want him, the post, I'm concerned. I know he played well at the McDAA game. I know he played well this summer. I also know that, to date, he's primarily played against grocery sackers and trust-fund babies, and against other equally vested in playing no D, and not getting hurt superstars. Is he going to be ready, from jump, for the step up in the level of competition and the speed of the college game?

No.

But, unlike many who get swept up initially, I think that he's going to catch up faster than most, too. He's got the natural talents, and a feel for the game that can't always be coached. It's simply a matter of his being able to 1) be coached, and 2) apply the coaching to his game, immediately, in order to do what WE need, not what HE needs, to help this team win ball games.

He has a chance to be a better Sooner than Blake, because he'll play here for four years, and we're d*mn lucky we had Blake for two.

Bench:

I'll take on the bench in another post. I'm tired now. Lol.

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
10/15/2009, 10:52 PM
Bench:

- 6th man: Tony Crocker. Yeah, I know he started last year. Yeah, I know he's a senior. Yeah, I know a lot of things. One of them, is, for this team to be successful, the second unit is going to have to keep teams from building their/cutting into our lead. I think that, on raw talent alone, we're going to be equal to or better than most of the teams we play this year. But, we've got to keep a level head. Tony Crocker is a player that can bring leadership, ball handling, great defense, and occasionally, outside shooting, to the 2nd unit.

And it's that "occasionally" that I'm throwing in there that, in my opinion, merits his move to the bench.

His true shooting percentage of 53.8% is good, but it's not great. It's also deceiving, since of our starters last season, only Austin Johnson shot a worse percentage, and that by only .003. Johnson also took way less shots.

What I'm getting at is, with Crocker in there with the second unit, we've got a leader who knows the offense, and is not afraid to take a shot, and a defensive stopper who could really help a younger group with their confidence. (If this senior is willing to play with you guys, and d-up like this... where's your fire?)

Also, don't get me wrong. Crocker will see a LOT of minutes for this team this season. Especially when we need his defense to be Trump tight.

- Orlando Allen: All accounts are that his game's improved a great deal this summer. Like I said when he joined the team... He averaged 2.0 points per game at PJC. Until I see a miracle, I'll think it'll take one...

BUT...

He is a big body, and while we're not exactly scrambling for size in the post-Griffin era, he's got a LOT of size, and it'll really help us out, especially on the defensive glass.

- Ryan Wright: As I mentioned earlier, he's got a knowledge of the system, and he's gotten himself in much, much better shape. If he's not starting, though, I think it makes the most sense to play him off the bench, to be the brains to Allen's brawn, so to speak.

- Steven Pledger: I think that the last player who will/should see any significant minutes, is Pledger. He's a smart player, he's got good size for a guard, and, between him and Crocker, they can handle the backcourt duties for the 2nd unit if necessary. He's also a good shooter when set, but athletic enough to get his own shot too, if necessary.

-----

So, what do youse guys think 'bout all 'dis here?

the_ouskull

King Crimson
10/16/2009, 08:00 AM
that may the starting 5 in February but early on I don't see how Crocker doesn't start. I also think Willie plays some point early against lesser OOC foes until TMG gets his D-1 sea legs.

personally, i think Tony has a pretty good year for us but this team will come down to how well do the guys not named Willie Warren score the ball. i think they could have some trouble scoring the ball against quality foes when Willie gets doubled. at minimum, that's something they'll need to figure out if they are going to finish in the top 3-4 in the conference and be a legit 5 type seed team.

however, this *could* be the best outside shooting team we've since a while. and our team FT % is sure to go up with manchild in LA, heh.

the_ouskull
10/16/2009, 10:59 AM
I'm a lot more concerned with how well we shoot the ball, honestly. I think that, if we're taking high-percentage shots, then it'll help out our defense, which will be limited, by slowing games down a little. I'm not saying that we shouldn't run... Far from it... I am saying that, run or walk, we need to take good shots much, much more often than not. This is not a strength of any of our current players.

the_ouskull

OUbasketball4life
10/16/2009, 11:42 AM
I want so see Cade have a breakout season, more games like he played against KU.

stoopified
10/16/2009, 03:46 PM
As always preseason player projections are a shot in the dark,so here goes my shot.

PG:TM-G He was handpicked by Jeff for this spot and barring injury will get every chance to make this spot his.

SG: Willie Warren is IMHO potentially the best to play at OU,needs to take it up a notch.

SF:Crocker plays smart,relentless defender,up and down shotbut still 38% career 3pt shooter.

P:Tiny Gallon-Monster talent,beond that who knows?

P:I think this spot could change according to the opponent.Against a big physical team you could Orlando Allen,or for more perimeter -oriented teams even Cade Davis.Personally I think senior leadership wins out and Ryan Wright gets the spot most regularly.Hardrick could also be in the pictureas I have said before Capel had 2+ years to pull the scholly offer and signed him anyway.

As for bench play,ggod question I base my analysis as much asa anything on what I hear Capel say about his team and players on the coaches show,interviews and how he answers call in show questions.It was that sort of thing that lead last year to say don't discount Orlando.The same thinking applies when I say don't forget Wills,Capel suspended him for an extended period but did not dismiss him and he did play late in the year.Pledger and Fitzgerald?Depends pn their b-ball IQ and work ethic.One thing about Capel,if you don't work then you don't play.

Gresho Murford
10/16/2009, 04:17 PM
no way Cade starts over Crocker. And what do you mean he is in shape NOW? He has always been in shape. He was more inconsistent than Crocker last year and by all accounts Crocker has been allsome so far this year.

TMG
WW
Crock
RW
Tiny

the_ouskull
10/16/2009, 04:52 PM
Tony Crocker:

What scares me the most about him, is that the only two numbers of his that have shown any great year-to-year fluctuation are his field goal percentage, and his three-point percentage. His 3pt% has been up and down. His fg% has gone down every single season. There are certain areas in which a player should see improvement every season. Crocker's shooting has not been that area for him. This affects the whole team. His launching bad shots is akin to a turnover. Austin Johnson was the worst about this, but he's doing it elsewhere now.

Even when his minutes increased from his freshman to sophomore year, other than his scoring, most of his other measurable stats did not. I don't see a great deal of improvement from him, nor should I reasonably expect to see it, based off of his past performances. Why do you?

the_ouskull

Gresho Murford
10/16/2009, 04:57 PM
Tony Crocker:

What scares me the most about him, is that the only two numbers of his that have shown any great year-to-year fluctuation are his field goal percentage, and his three-point percentage. His 3pt% has been up and down. His fg% has gone down every single season. There are certain areas in which a player should see improvement every season. Crocker's shooting has not been that area for him. This affects the whole team. His launching bad shots is akin to a turnover. Austin Johnson was the worst about this, but he's doing it elsewhere now.

Even when his minutes increased from his freshman to sophomore year, other than his scoring, most of his other measurable stats did not. I don't see a great deal of improvement from him, nor should I reasonably expect to see it, based off of his past performances. Why do you?

the_ouskull

i expect to see it b/c of what Capel, his teammates, and even high level recruits have said. Plus, never underestimate the importance of senior leadership.

the_ouskull
10/16/2009, 05:49 PM
I spent a good deal of time discussing his "senior leadership" and what it could mean to the second unit. I also said that I think that he should play extended minutes with the first team. But, having said all of that, he has improved very little in his time here, and, perhaps, we should go with a similar player who is younger, and who wouldn't play as well with the second unit, that's all.

the_ouskull

Eielson
10/16/2009, 08:36 PM
I remember last year we had a big argument on here if Crocker or Davis should start. I thought the argument was dead when Crocker shut everybody up with his play at the end of last season.

Are the only things that have changed his bodyfat, mile time, and vertical? The reality is that the mile time doesn't mean a whole lot. Does Kellen Sampson still hold the record for mile time? I think Michael Ott or some other walk-on was second. A faster mile time doesn't have anything to do with how fast you are on a basketball court. Obviously he's got good endurance, but that just simply means he can keep up his liability defense for a long time.

As for bodyfat, it's not like he was fat. It's nice for somebody to have a low bodyfat, but if you made a list of every player in the nation in order of how good they are, and then another list of how low their bodyfat is, you probably wouldn't see any patterns.

Finally, to the vertical. Obviously that is a strength for him. It always has, though. Dating back to high school this guy has had a state-wide reputation as a jumper. He was in a few high school dunk contests. One of which had Blake Griffin in it. He lost, but if I remember correctly he put up a fight.

So basically I see nothing to convince me that he is no longer a liability on defense, or that he will finally earn his reputation as a shooter. I've yet to see any reason (from his play) that he should be on the court for Crocker offensively or defensively. The reality is that Davis has never done ANYTHING better than Crocker. Even if we tried to say that Crocker was worthless on offense (which I whole-heartedly disagree with), Crocker would still deserve a spot in the starting lineup simply because of his defense. It went fairly unnoticed most of the season, but it became clear that he was by far the best defender on our team. He is going to be one of the best defenders in the league this next year, and possibly one of the best on a national level. Behind Blake, he was the most important player to our Elite Eight run that could have gone even further had we not gotten the dreaded UNC matchup.

the_ouskull
10/17/2009, 10:17 AM
The bottom line, in all of this, is that small forward is going to be an "area of opportunity" for us this season, just as it was last season. You guys can start whomever you'd like. If I'M coaching, I'm starting Cade. And, if I'm coaching, I'm probably beating your teams. :D

the_ouskull

Eielson
10/17/2009, 12:02 PM
If I'M coaching, I'm starting Cade. And, if I'm coaching, I'm probably beating your teams. :D

Not if I'm starting Crocker... :P

IronHorseSooner
10/18/2009, 02:04 PM
I heard that the Coaching Staff was considering running some "4-out and 1-in" this year, with TMG, WW, Crock, and Cade, with Crock at the 4 so we would cause some match-up problems with slower teams. Like I said in a previous thread, I would start Allen in the middle against bigger teams, with Tiny at the 4; however, I believe we will run a "center-by-committee" with Allen, Fitz, Wright, and Tiny rotating in there if they go smaller.

starclassic tama
10/19/2009, 11:34 PM
i've been having scary premonitions regarding this team. like cold sweat nightmare-wake in the middle of the night scary. we could really get bullied on the glass. i hope it doesn't happen. i think we have a chance to be really good offensively, but getting dominated on the boards could have an effect on this team equivalent to offensive line play for the football team. we are pretty small, and tiny isn't really a great rebounder for someone his size. on the flip side we are really athletic so hopefully that helps...

the_ouskull
10/20/2009, 07:15 AM
I heard that the Coaching Staff was considering running some "4-out and 1-in" this year, with TMG, WW, Crock, and Cade, with Crock at the 4 so we would cause some match-up problems with slower teams. Like I said in a previous thread, I would start Allen in the middle against bigger teams, with Tiny at the 4; however, I believe we will run a "center-by-committee" with Allen, Fitz, Wright, and Tiny rotating in there if they go smaller.

I am not a proponent of running gimmicky offenses (or defenses) like this, mainly because we don't have a Dwight Howard type to suck up every rebound. We'd basically be giving up on any offensive rebound chances, and HOPING for defensive boards. I'm not a fan.

the_ouskull

NormanPride
10/20/2009, 02:15 PM
No love for Gamma Ray?

the_ouskull
10/20/2009, 04:55 PM
No. None. If he sees significant minutes this season, we are a team in trouble. I mean, unless he suddenly became the player I thought I'd become when I used to dunk on my friends in their driveways when I was 16.

the_ouskull

Eielson
10/20/2009, 06:03 PM
No. None. If he sees significant minutes this season, we are a team in trouble. I mean, unless he suddenly became the player I thought I'd become when I used to dunk on my friends in their driveways when I was 16.

the_ouskull

That 8 foot goal can give false expectations. :P

NormanPride
10/21/2009, 10:02 AM

the_ouskull

Specifically, why the hate? The kid can score, and you said yourself that we need shooters. He was in Capel's doghouse last year and got no minutes, but I think he's pulled his head out, right? I heard good things about him this summer.

btk108
10/26/2009, 02:49 AM
HUGE Cade Davis fan......I coached this kid in Pee Wee football...family friend. Personally, he is awesome....athletically....he'll do whatever it takes to get there.....

starclassic tama
10/26/2009, 03:21 AM
can you tell him to grow 4 inches? kthx

btk108
10/26/2009, 03:30 AM
he's a guard...he doesnt need another 4"

starclassic tama
10/26/2009, 03:45 AM
thought he was gonna be playing the SF... ok, then can you tell him that when he throws that round ball 40 feet in the air and then it drops in the vicinity of the rim, could you maybe make it go in through that white net thing

btk108
10/26/2009, 03:56 AM
he will....and he has....he's getting better and better...he's going to be so good he's going to make you cry

starclassic tama
10/26/2009, 04:19 AM
yea i like cade and think he has a lot of potential... we could really use his 3's this season. not to mention athleticism on D

the_ouskull
10/26/2009, 09:50 AM
he will....and he has....he's getting better and better...he's going to be so good he's going to make you cry

I cry often when watching Sooner athletics, and it's usually NEVER because someone did something good. :D

the_ouskull

IronHorseSooner
10/26/2009, 10:09 AM
I'm really excited about the new guys. They recruited a guy at all 5 positions in this class, and that can only help on depth. Again, I don't know if we'll be an Elite Eight team again, but this team will be fun to watch.

ouleaf
11/2/2009, 06:24 PM
I'm actually going to agree with you on your line-up with Cade ahead of Crocker. I'm hoping Crocker can embrace the 6th man role for us this year. I think he would fit the role perfectly. He can come in and bring a lot of intangibles right away(energy, defense, attitude, and hopefully and occasional bucket). He would have to be accepting of the role though this would fall on Capel to convey the importance of Crocker's role as a 6th man.

Another reason I like Tony as a 6th man, is because who else on the team would be better suited for it. Who else could be a better leader for the 2nd unit? I can't think of anyone?

the_ouskull
11/2/2009, 07:19 PM
Yep.

the_ouskull

NormanPride
11/3/2009, 10:41 AM
Too bad Capel has said the only two guaranteed starters this year are WW and Crock. :)

King Crimson
11/3/2009, 11:26 AM
i think Crock would be a great 6th man, but not on this team. the guy is gonna play. i think skull does a nice job outlining the benefits of crock as such and making the "counter-intuitive" move....but, reality is Crocker is a senior and he's going to play. whether he shoots the 3 hot and cold or guards the other teams' best guy.

stoopified
11/15/2009, 12:44 AM
Maybe we should look at this starting lineup:

Post- Drew Fitgerald
Post- Tiny Gallon
Wing- Stephen Pledger
Wing-Wiilie Warren
Point-Tommie Mason-Griffin

Okay I am half-kidding.I was however VERY impressed with the debut of OUr frosh.Have to play beeter D,especially in transition .However I will take a21 point win in game 1 over a veteran team that won 19 games last year.Fitz and Pledger were suprisingly impressive as they were the OTHER recruits,not being McD A-A.That game got me fired up for the season.

pappy
11/15/2009, 02:02 AM
I'm very excited about this season. I think we could be as good as last year cause we're better in some positions and have better depth. Obviously tiny isn't going to be blake griffin but I think we'll have better guard play this year and tiny will be good enough.

Eielson
11/15/2009, 02:07 AM
I honestly don't find that lineup to be much of a joke. I didn't get to watch the game, but Fitzgerald clearly outplayed Wright statistically. I don't really see Crocker coming out of the starting lineup right now, but if Pledger continues to shoot like he did tonight, and especially if everybody else shoots as bad from three, I could see him getting a ton of playing time.

IronHorseSooner
11/15/2009, 08:14 AM
Maybe we should look at this starting lineup:

Post- Drew Fitgerald
Post- Tiny Gallon
Wing- Stephen Pledger
Wing-Wiilie Warren
Point-Tommie Mason-Griffin

Okay I am half-kidding.I was however VERY impressed with the debut of OUr frosh.Have to play beeter D,especially in transition .However I will take a21 point win in game 1 over a veteran team that won 19 games last year.Fitz and Pledger were suprisingly impressive as they were the OTHER recruits,not being McD A-A.That game got me fired up for the season.

I have a different take. IMHO, I think it would be good to have Pledger and Fitz coming off of the bench to provide that spark. We all know that Wright is in there for rebounding and position defense against the opposing team's better big man. Crock is in there for the same reason, except that he can score when he needs to. Now that we have some really good scorers at the 1, 2, and 3, Tony doesn't feel the need to jack up so many threes. He's better when he is focusing on D and rebounding from his position. Now, surprisingly, Fitz and Pledger came in having a knack for D; however, the experience with Crock will keep him in the starting line up, as might the physical conditioning of Wright. Whatever the decision, this is a nice problem to have.

badger
11/15/2009, 09:34 AM
If Wright's in there for D and rebounding, then I have bad news for you...

stoopified
11/15/2009, 11:03 AM
I have a different take. IMHO, I think it would be good to have Pledger and Fitz coming off of the bench to provide that spark. We all know that Wright is in there for rebounding and position defense against the opposing team's better big man. Crock is in there for the same reason, except that he can score when he needs to. Now that we have some really good scorers at the 1, 2, and 3, Tony doesn't feel the need to jack up so many threes. He's better when he is focusing on D and rebounding from his position. Now, surprisingly, Fitz and Pledger came in having a knack for D; however, the experience with Crock will keep him in the starting line up, as might the physical conditioning of Wright. Whatever the decision, this is a nice problem to have.I guess I should hsve said iwas 100% kidding.I DO NOT believe in wholesale changes based on the first game of the season.My point was basically that Fitz and Pledger surprised me wth their debut play as they were on a level(at least in this game) with their more celebrated fellow frosh Tiny and TMG.

kbsooner
11/15/2009, 05:40 PM
I guess I should hsve said iwas 100% kidding.I DO NOT believe in wholesale changes based on the first game of the season.My point was basically that Fitz and Pledger surprised me wth their debut play as they were on a level(at least in this game) with their more celebrated fellow frosh Tiny and TMG.

I predict Fitz will be starting for Wright by Big 12 games. I like the idea of Pledger coming off the bench, the quintessential 6th man. Great option to have to some instant offense and hustle plays. I think Cade's minutes will be cut by his emergence. I will also note that if Crocker keeps up the Jeckyl and Hyde, I am not opposed of rolling 4 frosh + WWIII.