PDA

View Full Version : Florida St. players...

kbsooner
10/15/2009, 04:04 PM
read at a 2nd grade level! (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/FSU-releases-NCAA-transcripts-Some-Noles-readi?urn=ncaaf,196189)

JLEW1818
10/15/2009, 04:06 PM
:bsmf:

Widescreen
10/15/2009, 04:21 PM
In their defense, second-graders are very advanced these days, what with the Baby Einstein and secret genetic engineering programs Congress slipped into an appropriations bill
LOL.

SoonerInLubbock
10/15/2009, 04:31 PM
Ironic, someone will have to read this to a few of the players this story is referring to.

Hey someone wrote a story on you, too bad you will need the audio version. "Dems some big o wurds on dat puter screen".

gaylordfan1
10/15/2009, 04:31 PM
OUCH!!!!

VA Sooner
10/15/2009, 08:11 PM
2nd graders are pretty advanced... that's giving kudos to FSU players.

sooner94
10/15/2009, 08:50 PM
That's really sad. Apparently FSU doesn't care about future welfare of their athletes.

SoonerNate
10/15/2009, 09:36 PM
Oh I posted this in other forum. My bad.

AlbqSooner
10/16/2009, 08:50 AM
"As it stands, FSU still has to wipe 14 victories from Bowden's career total, a fate that may actually be looking more and more attractive to him -- if you remove those wins from the 2006-07 seasons, the unfolding disaster in 2009 suddenly looks like an improvement."

Classic

soonerlaw
10/16/2009, 09:29 AM
If this doesn't lead to Bowden stepping down at the end of this year, I don't know what will.

Then again, lest we forget Myron Rolle is a Rhodes Scholar.

EstablishedSooner1967
10/16/2009, 09:35 AM
Are we smarter than a 5th grader? I think not... FSU

G8trGr8t
10/16/2009, 09:50 AM
As much as I dislike St. Bobby and his sanctimonious attitude while running one of the dirtiest programs in the country, any good attorney will tell you to deflect and redirect when the facts are against you.

F$U, aka Tallahassee Trade School (TTS), was caught red handed so they attempted to say that they were just helping out the poor, uneducated kids in their program, they weren't cheating, just providing additional tutoring to kids that the system had failed to date. SOme on the team may have some serious issues and that reflects poorly on the whole system. If their reading skills are that poor, how did they pass the SAT/ACT and get qualifying grades in school to begin with?

My hope is that ESPN or some other invesigative journalist will do some in depth work that looks at the SAT/ACT testing situations where you have high school coaches proctoring the exams and checking ID's and the multitude of other failures in the system before the kids ever get out of high school. Unfortunately, I think every school has kids like this, some more than others.

UF had John Brown (5* DT) and although he was a great talent, he could not get academics straight so he never played and finally transferred out after staff spent two years trying to get him tutored up. He is now a Lame Kitten pledge to UcheaT for class of 2010 and I am sure he will play there, regardless if he can do any sort of credible schoolwork.

There are a ton of great answers for good laughs if you want to see the whole transcript here. SKip the first 15 - 20 pages as it is just administrative stuff that happes at every legal proceeding.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/acrobat/2009-10/49850346.pdf

SoonerPr8r
10/16/2009, 10:29 AM
That's really sad. Apparently FSU doesn't care about future welfare of their athletes.

No I'm sure that most of them will be on welfare in the near future.

soonerinabilene
10/16/2009, 10:46 AM
At least they can read a little bit. Dexter Manley, Im looking at you.

ouwapiti
10/16/2009, 10:52 AM
why would anyone be surprised at this......i'll bet they dang sure arent the only program that has this dubious 'honor'

IronHorseSooner
10/16/2009, 11:09 AM
At least they can read a little bit. Dexter Manley, Im looking at you.

My HS baseball coach went to college with him at OSU, and said that he was the dumbest box of rocks that you ever meet, and everybody knew it. He spent most of his career in the gym just goofing off. He NEVER went to class, and was the butt of the jokes with the baseball team. The same was said about Big Country by folks my age who went to OSU.

badger
10/16/2009, 11:14 AM
Any 2nd grade teachers on here? What type of reading comprehension should we be able to expect out of the Seminole football players?

This is why the War Chant has no words except AHHhhhh... ahhhh... ahhhhhh! Can you imagine the Seminole team trying to read anything more complicated?

Dio
10/16/2009, 01:05 PM
"the great thing is that we can say anything we want about them... they can't read it anyway. "

Flagstaffsooner
10/16/2009, 01:56 PM
Have you seen their grad library?
http://i.treehugger.com/images/2007/10/24/green%20eggs.jpg

SoonerNate
10/16/2009, 02:22 PM
Any 2nd grade teachers on here? What type of reading comprehension should we be able to expect out of the Seminole football players?

This is why the War Chant has no words except AHHhhhh... ahhhh... ahhhhhh! Can you imagine the Seminole team trying to read anything more complicated?

I don't think they teach cursive until the 3rd grade.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2009, 05:11 PM

They were too busy worrying about Mike Balogun's eligibility to care about their own players.