PDA

View Full Version : Goin' To Los Angeles....

CrimsonJim
10/15/2009, 11:55 AM
....all next week - leaving the early morning of the 17th and getting back on the afternoon of the 25th. It's the Wife & I's 25th Wedding Anniversary get away. Any recomendations on where we need to go and what we need to see?

Turd_Ferguson
10/15/2009, 12:22 PM
....all next week - leaving the early morning of the 17th and getting back on the afternoon of the 25th. It's the Wife & I's 25th Wedding Anniversary get away. Any recomendations on where we need to go and what we need to see?LAS.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/15/2009, 12:32 PM
Are you bringing in a couple of keys?

Don't let Mr. Customs Man touch your bags.

SteelClip49
10/15/2009, 01:37 PM
Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles

Walk of Fame

Blake Griffin

USC (so you can flip them off)

CrimsonJim
10/15/2009, 01:49 PM

Walk of Fame

Blake Griffin

I will make a point to "salute" them.

Mjcpr
10/15/2009, 02:00 PM
Dearly Departed tours.

:D

Lott's Bandana
10/15/2009, 02:19 PM
Drive down to San Diego.

Stay there.

Trust me on this.

CrimsonJim
10/15/2009, 03:18 PM
LAS.

You just want me to check his voter identification card, doncha?

CrimsonJim
10/15/2009, 03:20 PM
Drive down to San Diego.

Stay there.

Trust me on this.

Going to be visiting family while we're there too, so I'm afraid that's not an option.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/15/2009, 03:40 PM
Stroll Venice Beach

Mann's Chinese Theatre

Do a taco crawl: http://tacohunt.blogspot.com/

CrimsonJim
10/15/2009, 04:19 PM
What about a pink taco? ;)

http://www.pinktaco.com/

SoonerNate
10/15/2009, 04:21 PM
Walk of Fame

Blake Griffin

Absolutely

Turd_Ferguson
10/15/2009, 06:52 PM
AbsolutelyIf you go to Rosco's, go on a weekday during the daytime....and go heavy.

olevetonahill
10/15/2009, 07:01 PM
You should Really try to Hook up with LAS and jaun
Jes sayin

SanJoaquinSooner
10/15/2009, 07:22 PM
You should Really try to Hook up with LAS and jaun
Jes sayin

I'm 350 miles north. San Joaquin is close to San Francisco.

olevetonahill
10/15/2009, 07:25 PM
I'm 350 miles north. San Joaquin is close to San Francisco.

Dayum jaun I think the Boy knows How to drive.And read a map

Just come out and say Ya dont want to , Its Ok :P

CrimsonJim
10/15/2009, 09:09 PM
I'm amazed at how many ppl frequent this site and (I'm guessing here, due to the lack of suggestions) how few of them have ever been to LA. I got more suggestions at The Hideout. :cool:

And thank you, to those of you who have replied with suggestions.

OklaPony
10/15/2009, 10:07 PM
Universal Studios Tour

Venice Beach

Santa Monica Pier

Magic Mountain

Disneyland

Santa Anita Racetrack

Baked Potato (If ou dig the music scene)

Catalina Tour

Curly Bill
10/15/2009, 10:08 PM
Go to a gun show and buy some rocket launchers and sh*t. :P

Petro-Sooner
10/15/2009, 10:09 PM
Always wanted to visit. Maybe some rose bowl in the future..... Have a good trip.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/15/2009, 10:13 PM
I'm amazed at how many ppl frequent this site and (I'm guessing here, due to the lack of suggestions) how few of them have ever been to LA. I got more suggestions at The Hideout. :cool:

if you are a pastrami lover: http://www.langersdeli.com/

the only thing at Universal studios i really like is the bus tour, where you see lots of familiar outdoor sets of movies and tv shows.... like the bates' house from Psycho. the rides are ok but not worth long lines.

we did the warner bros. studio tour a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. they were filming The Closer the day we were there.

tickets to This is Jeopardy! were easy for us to get and saw that taped.

olevetonahill
10/15/2009, 10:26 PM
Go to a gun show and buy some rocket launchers and sh*t. :P

Oh Hell Yea
I want some souvenirs also 2

Ill take 6 Cases Of Grenades and 15 er 29 Rocket launchers

Just ax LAS where to go
Peem me if ya need the Money ahead of time :D :D :D :D

hellogoodbye
10/16/2009, 08:12 AM
Always wanted to visit. Maybe some rose bowl in the future..... Have a good trip.

As structures, both the Rose Bowl and the Coliseum were dissapointments to me. I understand it is earthquake country and all, but both are basically holes in the ground.

LosAngelesSooner
10/16/2009, 04:21 PM
Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles isn't in a bad part of town and you don't need to "go heavy" to go there. But it's just a diner and you'd only be doing for the kitsch factor.

The rocket launchers and grrrrrnades were in Bakersfield back in 2000. And even if they WERE still there I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy go to Bakersfield...evar.

What do you want to do while you're in LA? What are your hobbies? What kind of food do you like? What part of town are you staying in? Do you have a car while you're here? I can give you some good suggestions once I know this stuff.

I'll be back in LA tomorrow and I have Sunday free before I fly over to Tennessee. If you'd like to meet up for a drink, I'd be more than happy to buy the first round. Lemme know.

OklaPony
10/16/2009, 05:27 PM
The rocket launchers and grrrrrnades were in Bakersfield back in 2000. And even if they WERE still there I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy go to Bakersfield...evar.

Actually, Bakersfield would be an awesome place to be this weekend if you dig hot rods and / or drag races. The CHRR (California Hot Rod Reunion) is there this weekend. Lots and lots of legendary racers and cars. One of the favorites in Nostalgia Top Fuel is from Purcell, even.

On a side note, Bakersfield is thick with Okies and Okie descendants thanks to the migration of the 30's and the oil biz. I've got several dead relatives out there myself along with some living long lost cousins. It isn't a terribly scenic place, though (to put it mildly).

LosAngelesSooner
10/16/2009, 06:09 PM
Bakersfield is the 2nd worst city in California. Barstow being the first. (just my opinion)

And you'd be surprised at the number of Okies in LA. Seriously...come watch an OU game with the OU Alumni Association out here. We completely take over venues.

Still waiting the answer to those questions, Jim. I'll try to give you some good recommendations.

JohnnyMack
10/16/2009, 06:46 PM
www.takamisushi.com

LosAngelesSooner
10/16/2009, 06:58 PM
As structures, both the Rose Bowl and the Coliseum were dissapointments to me. I understand it is earthquake country and all, but both are basically holes in the ground.Watch a football game in the Rose Bowl and you won't feel that way.

It really is a beautiful venue to watch football.

okiewaker
10/16/2009, 07:12 PM
Watch a football game in the Rose Bowl and you won't feel that way.

Yep, enjoyed OU vs cougs. Had trouble finding vehicle after the game. I think 13th hole, but not sure.

LosAngelesSooner
10/16/2009, 07:24 PM
I was there for that, too. Much more fun than watching Bomar lose to UCLA.

OklaPony
10/17/2009, 07:34 AM

Yep, enjoyed OU vs cougs. Had trouble finding vehicle after the game. I think 13th hole, but not sure.

Ditto all that. That was an awesome day all the way around!

hellogoodbye
10/19/2009, 10:05 AM

Saw a Raidahs game in the Colliseum, and Mettalica\G&R at the Rose Bowl. Did catch a Rams game in Anaheim (behind the Orange curtain, as they say)..

I wasnt knocking them per say (nice once you get inside, and I def. would rather be in a stucture like that in earthquake country), just expecting some kind of grand structure on the outside, ..

Chevez Ravine - now that is some greatness..

olevetonahill
10/26/2009, 09:46 PM
So Jim
I heard Ya peemed LAS

How did that meetin Go ?
Did he buy ya a beer ?

He DID call ya dint he ?:eek:

CrimsonJim
10/26/2009, 10:14 PM
Nopers. I answered his PM on 10/17 and never heard a peep from him. :(

GottaHavePride
10/26/2009, 10:17 PM

I've been to LA once. Wait, twice. Once was for Hybl vs. The Coogs and I was with the Pride, so I didn't really have time for much sightseeing.

The other time we were in downtown LA, a few blocks from the LA Philharmonic's new concert hall. Didn't have time for much sightseeing that trip either. But taking a shortcut (through the Biltmore) back to OUR hotel, we realized that the Biltmore is the hotel they used in Ghostbusters. You know, for the scenes where they shoot up the hotel ballroom to catch Slimer. That was the highlight of the trip. Seriously.

Oh, and when we were out there apusooner picked us up, and we started driving, and he said "where the f*** are we? I never come this far into LA..." Then we pulled up next to MacArthur Park and he said "Oh yeah - I got in a gang war here on Grand Theft Auto. I know where we are now."

Heh.

olevetonahill
10/26/2009, 10:28 PM
GHP hes already BACk
Dont need yer ****ing advice now :P ;) :D

CrimsonJim
10/26/2009, 10:34 PM
GHP hes already BACk
Dont need yer ****ing advice now :P ;) :D

But I sure was thirsty out there, and nobody was there to buy me a drink. :(

olevetonahill
10/26/2009, 11:19 PM