PDA

View Full Version : Ride the dart train ?

boomermagic
10/15/2009, 10:17 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------This might help someone.. Got it from another board..

There is now a brand new Dart Train platform right next to Fair Park! If you would like to ride the train to avoid the nasty traffic and anyone who likes to walk up to you and ask you for gas money out of the clear blue! They have a pre RRR special if you pre purchase your Dart pass for the Oct 17th game. The pass is good all day for all Dart lines and is only $4. Dart already has the Red and Blue lines and now has the Green line which serves Fair Park. You can get you a nice hotel near any of those lines and park at the Dart platform for that area and just hop on the train to the game. You may have to make a conection depending on which train you get on but your pass is good for all trains all day saturday.

http://www.dart.org/statefair/statefair.asp#events

Here is a list of hotels along the 3 Dart Rail lines.

http://www.dart.org/travelagent/dart...velAgentHotels

Fraggle145
10/15/2009, 10:20 AM
Put your wallet in your front pocket.

Judge Smails
10/15/2009, 10:59 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------This might help someone.. Got it from another board..

Here is a list of hotels along the 3 Dart Rail lines.

http://www.dart.org/travelagent/dart...velAgentHotels

FAIL

StoopTroup
10/15/2009, 11:07 AM
We Pricelined a hotel last year on Friday and got a 5 star Hotel in Richardson (The Renaissance) for $100 per night and it was awesome. We left the car at the Hotel and the D.A.R.T. is right next to the Hotel. The only drawback was that the whorn football team was staying on the 12th floor and we were on the 11th. I still wonder if they stayed on the 12th as mcCoy's number was 12. Lets hope they stay somewhere else this year and stay on the 14th floor.

Anyway...there are lots of Hotels that are stationed near the D.A.R.T.

I highly recommend trying this sometime. Our kids had a blast and when we got back to the Hotel after the Fair...we found a Saltgrass Restaurant to eat at and watched all the late games before heading back to the Hotel and crashing. We slept in on Sunday and took our sweet time getting back to Green Country. Even though the game didn't turn out the way we wanted...it was a very enjoyable stress free trip for the most part.

Widescreen
10/15/2009, 11:07 AM

There is now a brand new Dart Train platform right next to Fair Park! If you would like to ride the train to enjoy the sweet smell of urine and avoid the nasty traffic and anyone who likes to walk up to you and ask you for gas money out of the clear blue!

Fixed. :D

SeattleOUstudent
10/15/2009, 11:39 AM
Ride if you want to feel poor. ;)

Sooner_Dad
10/15/2009, 12:38 PM
Just a little infor on DART trains from someone who has been riding DART to and from work for the past 8 years.

1. About the only smell you will encounter is someone who smokes and smells like
they slept in an ashtray.

2. Some of the train cars are about 11 years old so the do show some wear and tear.
They usually are clean except for some slob who leaves their food rappers in the
seat or floor. ( eating on the train is not allowed except when required due to a
medical condition.)

3. A local day pass cost $4.00 every day.

4. As far as security there usually are no problems during daylight hours. The
problems usually start after dark. If you don't feel secure you should board the
front car where the operator is located. There are red buttons at the front and
rear of the car that you can push in order to talk to the operator.

5. If you are staying North of Dallas and close to the red line you will board a
train that has signs on the front and sides that will say either Westmoreland or
Cedars. You will take this train down to the Pearl station and deboard and
board a green line that has signs saying MLK.

6. On Saturday the trains run every 30 minutes until about 9:25AM and then every
20 minutes until about 6:00PM and then go back to every 30 minutes.

7. Enjoy Dallas and do not be afraid of DART.

Dan Thompson
10/15/2009, 01:15 PM
Is is possible to catch Amtrak from OKC to FW and get over to the DART?

Sooner_Dad
10/15/2009, 01:33 PM
You will have to catch the TRE from Fort Worth over to Union station in Dallas.
From Union you will catch either a red line or blue line train over to Pearl station.
At Pearl you will board a green line train that will say MLK.

If you get a red line train the signs will say Parker Road. If you get a blue line train the signs will say Downtown Garland.

The return trip to Union station the red line signs will say Westmoreland or Cedars.
The blue line will say Ledbetter and The green line sign will say Victory.

Sooner_Dad
10/15/2009, 01:41 PM
Dan,

Before you board the TRE from Ft. Worth you will have to buy a PREMIUM day pass
which cost $ 7.50. This will be good for the TRE from and to Ft. Worth and on the
DART from Union station to Fair Park and back to Union all day and as many trips
as you like.

sluggo sooner
10/15/2009, 01:42 PM
Two things on the DART. First, I believe for the game Saturday that the redline (not the blue line) will have trains that go right to Fair Park (i.e., you don't have to switch trains downtown and get on the green line). These trains are supposed to have signs that say Fair Park. The red line is the one that stays closest to I-75 once it heads North. If you come in on the blue line I believe that you will still have to get off at Pearl and transfer to the green line.

Second, if your are coming over from FW, check and see if you can't transfer to the green line at Victory Station.

Sooner_Dad
10/15/2009, 01:50 PM
Sluggo,

You are right. You can catch the green line at Victory from the TRE.

Mississippi Sooner
10/15/2009, 01:53 PM
Man, this stuff is trickier than algebra.

Can you tell I've never lived in a city?

TheUnnamedSooner
10/15/2009, 01:55 PM
Two things on the DART. First, I believe for the game Saturday that the redline (not the blue line) will have trains that go right to Fair Park (i.e., you don't have to switch trains downtown and get on the green line). These trains are supposed to have signs that say Fair Park. The red line is the one that stays closest to I-75 once it heads North. If you come in on the blue line I believe that you will still have to get off at Pearl and transfer to the green line.

Second, if your are coming over from FW, check and see if you can't transfer to the green line at Victory Station.

http://www.dart.org/statefair/statefair.asp#events

fwsooner22
10/15/2009, 02:00 PM
One thing You all are not considering is parking your car in a Dart Lot. THis is not always the safest place. Don't leave ANYTHING in view. It also takes some time you will have to be patient. It is fairly clean and safe once you are on the train. Move quick getting off the train after dark. DO NOT appear intoxicated. You will be TOAST.

Sooner_Dad
10/15/2009, 02:01 PM
Sluggo,

You are also right about the red line from Parker Road on Saturday. I just checked
the DART website and it says the trains to Fair Park will run every 10 minutes from
6:28AM until 10:38 AM. Does not say anything about return trips from Fair Park.

Might be able to call DART about return trips.

DART information phone # 214-979-1111
Hours on Saturday 8:00 to 5:00PM

VA Sooner
10/15/2009, 02:42 PM
Not bad for public transportation.

Jello Biafra
10/15/2009, 02:56 PM
sic em???? up for a game of butt darts?

auto
10/15/2009, 03:00 PM
Will be leaving from the Walnut Hill Dart Station w/ my Whorn T-Shirt buddy at 9:00a.m. We will be the drunk ones.

Sooner_Dad
10/15/2009, 03:00 PM
VA,

DART has made some bonehead decisions in the past and they still do a pretty
good job.

Their motto is they can get you anywhere in the metroplex you need to go. What
they don't tell you is it might take all day.