PDA

View Full Version : For those of you going to see U2...

A Sooner in Texas
10/15/2009, 02:02 AM
It is EPIC. Got free tickets Wednesday morning for the concert last night at Reliant Arena in Houston. Walked in with my friends just in time to hear "Starlight" by Muse, who sounded good.
U2's stage set is spectacular, featuring a huge spaceship-like contraption sitting almost spider-like over the stage; it's topped with an enormous lighted "antenna." Very futuristic and retro at the same time. The stage is surrounded by a circular walkway, with two bridges leading from it to the stage. Plenty of room for Bono, The Edge, et al, to roam. Enormous video screen with all the action, plus lots of effects.
Cool opening for U2...smoke started coming out of the spaceship while Bowie sings "Space Oddity" (one of my favorite songs ever). It stops abruptly as the band hits the stage to pandemonium.
Long set...the band started nearly right at 9 p.m. and the concert ended about midnight. Not as long as a Springsteen show, but definitely full of all the great songs. I can't think of one I didn't hear that I wanted to. Just an awesome show; one of the best I've seen. Hope everyone who's going has a wonderful time.
And since it's now 2 a.m. (got home maybe 30 min.) ago, off to bed.

Steve Lurkle
10/15/2009, 06:23 AM
never been a fan but sounds awesome. I wouldn't have went anyway but they're replacing Muse with Black Eyed Peas for the Norman stop.

:eek: :eek: :eek: