PDA

View Full Version : So Coburn can't fillibuster

badger
10/14/2009, 05:55 PM
So he's just making the Senate wait 30 hours instead. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=13&articleid=20091014_13_0_WASHIN383017)

This is awesome beyond awesome. Love him or hate him, he totally pwns whoever's in charge of the Senate.

yermom
10/14/2009, 05:59 PM
that's pretty awesome

badger
10/14/2009, 06:04 PM
I know Coburn's stubborn and I know he's polarizing... but dang it, this is just too funny.

Democrats were rejoicing when Al Franken made their majority filibuster-proof (mainly to combat Coburn's holds) and Coburn finds a way to further annoy the majority party (he has annoyed both Repubs and Dems with his tactics).

This is just too funny. I LOL'd. Hard. I'm still giggling like a the little blond haired chick that I am.

Fraggle145
10/14/2009, 06:07 PM
I dont like the guy. But this is a good thing, government transparency. Also I dont see why more lawmakers arent willing to do things like this.

Why do you have to have a filibuster proof majority? If they want to filibuster make them do it. Let the American people see them up there wasting time (or however you want to interpret it).

LosAngelesSooner
10/14/2009, 07:22 PM
I don't feel strongly either way about Coburn. I thought his comments about "gay girls" in the bathrooms of public elementary schools (or whatever that whole thing was) was pretty silly, but it didn't **** me off.

He's no Inhofe.

I'm all for transparency in government. If that's what he's fighting so hard for, I say Fight On, Coburn.

Dio
10/14/2009, 11:29 PM
My God, LAS said something good about a conservative. Somebody write this date down.

LosAngelesSooner
10/14/2009, 11:55 PM
:rolleyes:

It's happened PLENTY of times in the past. The problem recently is that almost none of the politicians who drape themselves with the mantle of "Conservative" are either a) CONSERVATIVE or b) better than a peanut crusted ****ball.

Half a Hundred
10/15/2009, 12:41 AM
My God, LAS said something good about a conservative. Somebody write this date down.

Umm, last time I checked, LAS is about as much of a shameless self-promoter as anyone on this site... ;)

LosAngelesSooner
10/15/2009, 01:16 AM
Perhaps even more? :D

Nah...I'm proud of my fellow Republicans when they get actually something right.

badger
10/15/2009, 11:01 AM
Well, they can vote on this big arse package at 6 p.m. tonite. They may leave off the transparency stuff just to spite Coburn... but all Coburn needs is one Democrat and he's back to filibustering :D

TheHumanAlphabet
10/15/2009, 12:07 PM
If we knew all the perques and special treatment the legilative side enjoys and all the waste and idle time of some gubment programs - there would be a huge clamor and most of Congress would be voted out. Coburn is a man pi$$ing against the wind, but by gosh he is making it hard for them to do their hidden deeds...

StoopTroup
10/15/2009, 12:16 PM
How do the Women of the Board feel about Coburn voting against Franken's Bill to put an end to a no liability clause for rape in Government contracts?

badger
10/15/2009, 01:00 PM
I don't know enough about it to say yay or nay. Political discussion, beyond these silly little tidbits, gives me migraines.

StoopTroup
10/15/2009, 01:29 PM
I don't know enough about it to say yay or nay. Political discussion, beyond these silly little tidbits, gives me migraines.

Well....I don't care for Franken to much...but this was a bill that made total sense and the Pubs and Coburn didn't seem to give it the time of day. A mistake on their part it would seem.