PDA

View Full Version : It's too expensive...so we're going to let you die...

OklahomaTuba
10/14/2009, 01:49 PM
Just an Obama advisor being honest about health care for once. Palin was right on target with her Death Panel comment it seems.

"We're going to have to, if you're very old, we're not going to give you all that technology and all those drugs for the last couple of years of your life to keep you maybe going for another couple of months. It's too expensive...so we're going to let you die."http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT7Y0TOBuG4&feature=player_embedded

yermom
10/14/2009, 01:51 PM
is it better to let the old die, or the poor?

Fraggle145
10/14/2009, 01:56 PM
Good. And yes I'd say that if it was my own grandmother.

sooneron
10/14/2009, 01:57 PM
Insurance companies pretty much say it all the time. They just don't "say" it. We have a friend whose dad has been ill since early May and the doctor wouldn't do a test for leukemia, even though the family brought it up as a possible reason for his illness. Doctor said that there were not enough factors present for the ins company to ok the test. Guess what? He was diagnosed with leukemia last week. Acute, late stage...

Too bad the test wasn't administered before he was deathly ill. Brilliant system in place now, by the way.

OklahomaTuba
10/14/2009, 01:57 PM
Good. And yes I'd say that if it was my own grandmother.Nice.

Pogue Mahone
10/14/2009, 02:04 PM
Robert Reich isn't an Obama adviser; he did some work in the transition.. Maybe we can have a death panel for this thread.

OklahomaTuba
10/14/2009, 02:04 PM
Doctor said that there were not enough factors present for the ins company to ok the test.Sounds like he had a bad Dr more than a bad insurance company.

OklahomaTuba
10/14/2009, 02:06 PM
Robert Reich isn't an Obama adviser; he did some work in the transition..Must be why he is on TV all the damn time shilling for his death panel fantasy. (http://www.google.com/search?q=%22robert%20reich%22%20%22public%20option %22&hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&sa=G&tbo=1)

JohnnyMack
10/14/2009, 02:15 PM
Tuba can you source that Olbermann quote in your sig? Seems interesting.

Scott D
10/14/2009, 02:57 PM
Sounds like he had a bad Dr more than a bad insurance company.

Enjoy your relative youth now while you can. You'll understand a bit more once you've gained some more years.

sooneron
10/14/2009, 03:27 PM
Enjoy your relative youth now while you can. You'll understand a bit more once you've gained some more years.

No ****!

:rolleyes:

49r
10/14/2009, 03:30 PM
This thread is going to hit 10 pages before midnight aint it?

Pogue Mahone
10/14/2009, 03:40 PM
Must be why he is on TV all the damn time shilling for his death panel fantasy. (http://www.google.com/search?q=%22robert%20reich%22%20%22public%20option %22&hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&sa=G&tbo=1)

He has never been an health adviser for the Obama administration, not for one minute. This thread, in the words of Rep. Alan Grayson, should "die quickly."

And unless you're a wolf and Sarah Palin's in a helicopter, you don't have to worry about her being "on target."

"Source" that Olbermann thing when you have a second, too.

SCOUT
10/14/2009, 04:12 PM
He has never been an health adviser for the Obama administration, not for one minute. This thread, in the words of Rep. Alan Grayson, should "die quickly."

And unless you're a wolf and Sarah Palin's in a helicopter, you don't have to worry about her being "on target."

"Source" that Olbermann thing when you have a second, too.

He is a member of the Obama's Economic Advisory Board. I am pretty sure that their healthcare plan has an economic component to it. You know, like determining the cost benefit of the healthcare in question.

afs
10/14/2009, 04:23 PM
kill'em all - let's just do away with medicine and rely on survival abilities + genes. That being said I should be dead.

Fraggle145
10/14/2009, 04:25 PM
Nice.

Just saying why spend all that money for a few months when it could be spent on someone else that has years.

Just doesnt seem like a very effective investment. Its all about capitalism isnt it?

SoonerNate
10/14/2009, 04:32 PM
Sarah Palin deserves an apology.

LosAngelesSooner
10/14/2009, 04:42 PM
Sarah Palin deserves an apology.From God, for allowing her to be born and survive.

'Cause clearly he didn't give her a fighting chance in the brains department.

85Sooner
10/14/2009, 04:44 PM
Clearly sighted by a poster child for abortion.

RFH Shakes
10/14/2009, 04:46 PM
Just saying why spend all that money for a few months when it could be spent on someone else that has years.

Just doesnt seem like a very effective investment. Its all about capitalism isnt it?

But this whole healthcare issue is about everyones "right" to health ins. so how is them denying some old person care because of cost different than what the ins. companies do now with exclusions for pre existing conditions?

LosAngelesSooner
10/14/2009, 04:57 PM
Clearly sighted by a poster child for abortion.
Once you and I are both long dead, it'll be interesting to look down from above and see who is remembered for making a contribution to the world. ;)

OklahomaTuba
10/14/2009, 05:15 PM
"Source" that Olbermann thing when you have a second, too.It's from the same place LAS gets his Rush Limbaugh quotes.

OklahomaTuba
10/14/2009, 05:22 PM
He is a member of the Obama's Economic Advisory Board. I am pretty sure that their healthcare plan has an economic component to it. You know, like determining the cost benefit of the healthcare in question.I believe that's the "Nobel Laureate's" primary excuse for taking over 1/6th of our economy actually.

KABOOKIE
10/14/2009, 05:22 PM
I can't wait to reflect on that worldy contribution. Oh I'm cracking up here.

LosAngelesSooner
10/14/2009, 05:28 PM
It's from the same place LAS gets his Rush Limbaugh quotes.His actual show transcripts? Cool.

Hey, I've got an idea. Why don't you publish that on a blog and attribute it to Olberman as an actual quote he's said. We'll see if he does like Limbaugh and DOESN'T sue you for libel. ;)

Lemme know when you've got it online, k?

I can't wait to reflect on that worldy contribution. Oh I'm cracking up here.From what I've seen, you've been reflecting on it every day for a week now, Stalker Boy. ;)

KABOOKIE
10/14/2009, 05:32 PM
From what I've seen, you've been reflecting on it every day for a week now, Stalker Boy. ;)

Yes. You must see this in your 6-8 negspeks daily to me. Stalker Bitch. ;)

Pogue Mahone
10/14/2009, 05:39 PM
He is a member of the Obama's Economic Advisory Board.

He's not that, either. He was on the Economic Advisory Board for the transition, which ended on Jan. 20. That's it. This is a fact: Robert Reich doesn't speak for the Obama administration in any official capacity.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/ObamaAnnouncesEconomicAdvisoryBoard/

LosAngelesSooner
10/14/2009, 07:37 PM
Yes. You must see this in your 6-8 negspeks daily to me. Stalker Bitch. ;)If you posted something worthwhile for once, maybe you'd get some green.

Keep on followin' me around. It's fun to pull your strings. :D

KABOOKIE
10/14/2009, 08:13 PM
See. You live to be the stalker.

Penguin
10/14/2009, 09:19 PM
We're doomed.

LosAngelesSooner
10/14/2009, 09:26 PM
See. You live to be the stalker.See...when you stalk someone, and follow them around replying to any post they make in any thread they're on, and start pathetic threads entirely on how your feelers got hurt that they were picking on you for stalking them...and then that person calls you out for being a sad little stalker...you can't turn around and go, "I"m not a stalker...YOU ARE!"

It just doesn't work that way, Kabookistalker.

But you can keep tryin'. It's cute. ;)

SCOUT
10/14/2009, 09:35 PM
He's not that, either. He was on the Economic Advisory Board for the transition, which ended on Jan. 20. That's it. This is a fact: Robert Reich doesn't speak for the Obama administration in any official capacity.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/ObamaAnnouncesEconomicAdvisoryBoard/

Fair enough, although he is still billing himself as being on the advisory board. However, that isn't really my point. Neither is the question of whether or not he speaks for this administration. He was/is an advisor to the Obama administration. I will concede that he is not currently an advisor, but this healthcare plan, and its economic impact, isn't exactly one that was drawn up on a napkin last weekend (although it does sometimes seem that way). Assume there was some forethought put into this, he has had at least a hand in it. If you will admit that, then you will see why his comments are somewhat disconcerting.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/14/2009, 11:53 PM

Just doesnt seem like a very effective investment. Its all about capitalism isnt it?Capitalism is about freedom. Socialized medicine is about government control of everyone. See the difference?

Bourbon St Sooner
10/15/2009, 11:32 AM
There's actually a good discussion to be had here, but since this already a tuba-las fag fest, I won't bother.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/15/2009, 11:55 AM
Insurance companies pretty much say it all the time. They just don't "say" it. We have a friend whose dad has been ill since early May and the doctor wouldn't do a test for leukemia, even though the family brought it up as a possible reason for his illness. Doctor said that there were not enough factors present for the ins company to ok the test. Guess what? He was diagnosed with leukemia last week. Acute, late stage...

Too bad the test wasn't administered before he was deathly ill. Brilliant system in place now, by the way.

Get another doctor or pay for the tests yourself which under our current system you can do...

Under gubment health, we will have to find another country to find a doctor to do the test...

And sorry about your friend's dad - hope he proves everyone wrong and gets better...

StoopTroup
10/15/2009, 12:02 PM
Just an Obama advisor being honest about health care for once. Palin was right on target with her Death Panel comment it seems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT7Y0TOBuG4&feature=player_embedded

So it's Obama that has changed everything. OK.

http://www.foxnews.com/images/139114/4_22_schiavo_terri2.jpg

I'm not sure your going to have to be old for your life to be not worthy of care.

Pogue Mahone
10/15/2009, 12:04 PM
Fair enough, although he is still billing himself as being on the advisory board. However, that isn't really my point. ...

It doesn't matter what he calls himself. Reich doesn't speak for the Obama administration any more than you do. When he says something, anything, he isn't speaking for Obama; that is fact. And there's no logical reason to think Robert Reich, Labor secretary a decade ago and adviser in the long-over transition, had anything to do with any of the health care plans that have been written in Congress.

If this were a card-check discussion, you could make a case that what he says matters. Better luck next year.

StoopTroup
10/15/2009, 12:13 PM
Where I work...every year I am faced with reviewing what the best Health Insurance Plan is for my Family and me.

Every year...they change something. In the last ten years...I can't tell you any scenario where I can remember the Insurance Company informing me of them adding benefits to a plan. What I do notice is that they and my Company continue to try to offer up an option for the cheapest plan that I have to at least purchase. There is no option for...no thanks...I'll pass....please give me the extra dough to spend on Life Insurance for my Family. There are many Folks in my workplace who do not need any coverage. They might be covered by their Wife's plan or be American Indian and be happy with the coverage they get through their Tribe...many reasons really.

Insurance Companies are their own worst enemy. They are spending tons of dough to try and manipulate the outcome of the Government's attempt to bring Healthcare to the masses.

I'm sickened by them just as much as I am by the politicians who are scared to lose their precious political positions and political contributors.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/15/2009, 12:26 PM
Where I work...every year I am faced with reviewing what the best Health Insurance Plan is for my Family and me.

Every year...they change something. In the last ten years...I can't tell you any scenario where I can remember the Insurance Company informing me of them adding benefits to a plan. What I do notice is that they and my Company continue to try to offer up an option for the cheapest plan that I have to at least purchase. There is no option for...no thanks...I'll pass....please give me the extra dough to spend on Life Insurance for my Family. There are many Folks in my workplace who do not need any coverage. They might be covered by their Wife's plan or be American Indian and be happy with the coverage they get through their Tribe...many reasons really.

Insurance Companies are their own worst enemy. They are spending tons of dough to try and manipulate the outcome of the Government's attempt to bring Healthcare to the masses.

I'm sickened by them just as much as I am by the politicians who are scared to lose their precious political positions and political contributors.

You're an AA guy, right? UAW shop?

We're in the exact same boat in regards to healthcare. In our membership's infinite wisdom in years past, they began a contribution program to a health and welfare trust in an effort to fund retirees insurance and elected to remove themselves from the City of Tulsa's group to pursue coverage for just the members of the department. But here's the kicker.

To my knowledge, we have to participate. With an option NOT to participate, the group is reduced in numbers. Those not participating would be the cross-section of those who do not have many, if any, healthcare expenditures. Those who do not compose this group would be those finding plans elsewhere but not enjoying the reduction in premium by being part of the overall group. But with the removal of the aspect of the group that are contributors, the risk profile and the cost to the insurance carrier of the others increases, thusly increasing the premiums for those in the plan.

So yeah, you keep taking it in the pooper with increased premiums and lesser coverage. But with an option to not participate, the increase in premium and decrease in coverage would be even worse than what you see now.

At least that's how it was explained to me.

The root of the problem is the cost of healthcare.