PDA

View Full Version : McCoy isn't friends with Tebow; sleeps in one bedroom apartment with Jordan Shipley

Rhino
10/14/2009, 01:22 PM
http://www.blitzcorner.com/uploads/medium/medium_Colt_Mccoy_Rocks_A_Mustache.jpg

The eyes of Texas are upon him (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=reilly_rick&id=4557869&sportCat=ncf)

You can call quarterback Colt McCoy "Pistola," which is what his Latino fans call the University of Texas Heisman Trophy candidate.

He likes "Pistola," possibly because he owns a pistola -- a 9-millimeter handgun -- plus .270 and .223 Winchester rifles. Sometimes, he'll take one of them into a tree stand, where he'll also have his laptop, so he can watch DVDs of opponents. Misses a lot of deer that way.

But don't call him Daniel, which is his actual first name, which he hates, which is why his offensive linemen call him Daniel constantly. They also like to torture him by pretending to punch him in the man region before pulling up inches short. If McCoy flinches, they get to slug him hard twice in the shoulder, then "wipe" off these slugs, which means taking one of their meaty hands and wiping it down McCoy's face, in his eyes, up his nostrils and into his mouth.

"The game never ends," McCoy laments. "It goes on all the time. Even in the huddle. I'll be trying to call a play, and one of these guys is sticking their big ol' fingers up my nose. I get no respect."

That's a lie, of course. Nearly everybody in football respects the dead-eye arm and humble makeup of McCoy, who needs only six more wins to break the FBS wins record. It won't be easy, though, with Oklahoma coming up Saturday in Dallas, not to mention Texas A&M, Kansas and Oklahoma State lurking.

"Nothing about being the starting QB at Texas is easy," McCoy says. "It wasn't easy replacing what some people think is the greatest college QB ever [Vince Young]. I'd lay awake at night before I started, couldn't sleep. 'How am I gonna do this?'"

But Pistola has found a way. He's lost only seven games in four years and has led the '09 Longhorns to a 5-0 record and the No. 3 national ranking in this week's Associated Press poll. He's desperate to win the national title this time. He came within one Michael Crabtree catch of having a shot at it a year ago, a catch "I will see forever," he says.

Of course, even if he pulls it off, it won't be enough for some. Critics call him a Tim Tebow wannabe. Lord, that burns him up. "People say, 'Ah, McCoy went on a [Christian] mission just 'cause Tebow did.' Look, I'm my own man. My family has been going on these mission trips for years. I did my trip the same time he did. It's just -- I mean -- come on!"

It's safe to say McCoy and Tebow did not hit it off at the '08 Heisman ceremony, where Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford won the trophy. "Me and Sam are buddies," McCoy says. "We keep in touch all the time."

And you and Tebow?

"Uh, no."

Not that everybody's crazy about young Daniel, either.

"Daniel Colt McCoy!" a man screamed one 4 a.m. outside his rented house. "It's over! Get outside, Daniel Colt McCoy! It's over!"

It was over -- the police came and got him within five minutes -- but it spooked McCoy enough to move into the back house of a friend of the family with wide receiver Jordan Shipley. It's so tiny, they share one bedroom. It's not the perfect crib for a guy who has a girlfriend hotter than shrimp vindaloo, Rachel Glandorf.

"But we [Shipley and I] only have, like, four more months to go," he says.

And said girlfriend is not all that tickled, either, when she returns from a restaurant bathroom to find five or six girls sitting with her boyfriend, getting their pictures taken.

"And then they ask her to take the picture!" McCoy says, sighing.

Works both ways, though. "The cops pulled him over three times last month alone, and he never once had to show ID," Shipley says. He also got only warnings, according to the wide receiver. Must be nice.

Still, Pistola likes friends and family to call him "Johnny" in public instead of the C-word, which alerts burnt-orange-blooded locals that the guy in the pulled-low baseball cap and the huge sunglasses is their football god.

Actually works, too. On a commercial flight to Phoenix one year, a couple sitting near him was agog at the size of some of his linemen, who were referring to McCoy as "Johnny."

"Are y'all football players?" the wife said.

Yes, they were. So they signed some things.

Then they turned to Shipley. "Are you, too?"

Yes. Signed.

Then to McCoy: "And what do you do, Johnny?" they asked. "Are you in the band?"

His teammates nearly suffocated trying to keep from laughing. Even worse when the couple got out of the Jetway to find 100 people waiting for the band guy's autograph.

Kid plays a hellacious tuba.

bri
10/14/2009, 01:31 PM
Who do ya think is back spoon? My money's on Shipley.

sooneron
10/14/2009, 01:39 PM
One bedroom? srsly? They're like 23/24 years old!

OUDoc
10/14/2009, 01:46 PM
But don't call him Daniel, which is his actual first name, which he hates, which is why his offensive linemen call him Daniel constantly. They also like to torture him by pretending to punch him in the man region before pulling up inches short. If McCoy flinches, they get to slug him hard twice in the shoulder, then "wipe" off these slugs, which means taking one of their meaty hands and wiping it down McCoy's face, in his eyes, up his nostrils and into his mouth.

Probably happens in the locker room.

A lot.

boomermagic
10/14/2009, 02:00 PM
I don't think he likes timmy..

batonrougesooner
10/14/2009, 02:14 PM
what's the C-word?

badger
10/14/2009, 02:20 PM
You really need to make your thread titles SHORT, people. SHORT titles lead to EASIER responses! :mad:

And now, for my response:

---
Time to see if that tough non-conference schedule pays off. BEAT TEXAS!

JLEW1818
10/14/2009, 02:21 PM
You really need to make your thread titles SHORT, people. SHORT titles lead to EASIER responses! :mad:

And now, for my response:

---
Time to see if that tough non-conference schedule pays off. BEAT TEXAS!

take some pics of Boise fans tonight, so we can Fark

C&CDean
10/14/2009, 02:21 PM
what's the C-word?

cawkboy?

JLEW1818
10/14/2009, 02:25 PM
cawkboy?

Clot McCoy

sooner59
10/14/2009, 02:31 PM
"Tuba" is an odd nickname for Shipley's junk, don't you think?

westbrooke
10/14/2009, 02:36 PM
"Uh, no."

^ My favorite part of that article.

+1 to sooner59!

SoonerLB
10/14/2009, 02:53 PM
"It wasn't easy replacing what some people think is the greatest college QB ever [Vince Young]. I'd lay awake at night before I started, couldn't sleep. 'How am I gonna do this?'"

I'm still tryin' to get over this one. Whoever "some people" are, they need the crap slapped out of them, 'cause they're plumb full of it!

I do admire his take on Snippy T though. :D

badger
10/14/2009, 03:09 PM
I am starting to think that Tebow isn't all that nice of a guy to be around. Seeing him on television yelling at his teammates on the field, in the locker room... seeing him flirt with the coach that plaque-ized his cry-boy speech... it's really rather public and showy.

Hooray to Sammie and Colt for being good role models, in and out of the spotlight. Tebow can take his fame and shove it.

EDIT: Eff that long arse title. Eff it to hades

sooner518
10/14/2009, 04:23 PM
i wonder what specifically made Colt not like Tebow. I can imagine, but it must be somewhat bad if Colt will admit to the press that he doesnt like Tebow.

bluedogok
10/14/2009, 04:39 PM
I am starting to think that Tebow isn't all that nice of a guy to be around. Seeing him on television yelling at his teammates on the field, in the locker room... seeing him flirt with the coach that plaque-ized his cry-boy speech... it's really rather public and showy.
My wife thought the "lovey-dovey" moment between Tebow and Meyer at the end of the LSU game was a bit much, "get a room" was her response and a comment like that isn't really like her. Reminded me of the Mack-VY "moments" but seemed even more creepy than those.

Lott's Bandana
10/14/2009, 04:43 PM
Ok, call me a n00b, but whats the diff how long the title is Baj?

Oh...now I get it. :P

badger
10/14/2009, 04:46 PM
Ok, call me a n00b, but whats the diff how long the title is Baj?

Oh...now I get it. :P

Rhino, you're a mod. Shorten your title so we can make fun of the Teebs, kplzthx

TMcGee86
10/14/2009, 06:29 PM
I now actually like Colt a little bit. We have something in common.

StupidSooner
10/14/2009, 06:55 PM
He doesn't like Tebow because of the comparisons that have been foisted upon him by the media. The same media that has idolized Tebow over the years.

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2009, 10:29 PM
One bedroom? srsly? They're like 23/24 years old!

Shoulda went to USC; they would be in a 20 room mansion instead

SoonerLB
10/14/2009, 10:36 PM
Maybe Colt agrees with Bart.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/barn9/bartontimmy.jpg

beer4me
10/15/2009, 05:49 AM
He doesn't like Tebow because of the comparisons that have been foisted upon him by the media. The same media that has idolized Tebow over the years.

Actually at the Heisman award when tbutt, colt, and sam were there together they both said he kinda acted like a jerk.

I believe that was the word they used.

OklahomaTuba
10/15/2009, 08:31 AM
"Tuba" is an odd nickname for Shipley's junk, don't you think?;)

G8trGr8t
10/15/2009, 09:17 AM
Pulled over 3 times and let off with warnings? Sounds like an illegal benefit to me.

UF had a lb get arrested for driving without a license and suspended for half the season. That showed up in a lot of places as another example of lack of control that Meyer had on the team.

So a G'ville cop shows no favoritism and one team loses a lb for half the season while McCoy gets pulled over 3 times in one month and gets a pass and it is okay. Something wrong with that equation.

Knippz
10/15/2009, 10:14 AM
Because he's a QB. Shipley is the WR and whining about it. So your lowly LB has no chance. Plus he's probably black right? If so - done. Jail.

Do you think anyone in gaytorville would give Tebow a ticket?

SoonerPr8r
10/15/2009, 10:30 AM
Pulled over 3 times and let off with warnings? Sounds like an illegal benefit to me.

UF had a lb get arrested for driving without a license and suspended for half the season. That showed up in a lot of places as another example of lack of control that Meyer had on the team.

So a G'ville cop shows no favoritism and one team loses a lb for half the season while McCoy gets pulled over 3 times in one month and gets a pass and it is okay. Something wrong with that equation.

Wow....it took a gator to first comment on this. This was the most glaring thing to me, especially when one of his team mates said it to a newspaper.

Oh and we should just start calling the pony boy Danny boy

Rhino
10/15/2009, 03:04 PM
There's been some strong rumors that neither Bradford or McCoy cared for Tebow.

You really need to make your thread titles SHORT, people. SHORT titles lead to EASIER responses! :mad: No.

ocsooner
10/15/2009, 03:32 PM
I really want to not like (Daniel) McCoy. It's so easy to not like St. Tim, but the orange uniform is the only thing that I can find to not like about him. Those I Am Second videos that he and Bradford did just make it harder.

Still hate *saxeT though Hook 'em

tbl
10/15/2009, 03:50 PM
I really want to not like (Daniel) McCoy. It's so easy to not like St. Tim, but the orange uniform is the only thing that I can find to not like about him. Those I Am Second videos that he and Bradford did just make it harder.

My thoughts exactly. He really does seem like a good dude and I might be rooting for him in the Heisman.

CrimsonJim
10/15/2009, 04:03 PM

My thoughts exactly. He really does seem like a good dude and I might be rooting for him in the Heisman.

I was surprised that The Right Reverend wasn't among the video contributores at iamsecond.com. :cool:

beer4me
10/15/2009, 04:06 PM
I was surprised that The Right Reverend wasn't among the video contributores at iamsecond.com. :cool:

The Messiah is first pay tention :D

IBleedCrimson
10/15/2009, 07:14 PM
Shoulda went to USC; they would be in a 20 room mansion instead

allegedly

;)

VA Sooner
10/15/2009, 08:06 PM
He's a good kid. Colt and Bradford doing that video for Second One impressed me.

But I still want our D to crush him on Saturday. Wish him well for the rest of the season but pressure him, sack him, hurry him, make him throw interceptions.

tbl
10/15/2009, 10:39 PM

As a Christian, I've tried my best to believe Tebow was a good guy and the real deal... but as time goes on, I just feel more and more like he's some kind of sycophant.

UTSINCE96
10/15/2009, 11:42 PM

Lol @ a gator trying to suck up to the sooner fans by bashing Texas.

Zbird
10/16/2009, 01:06 PM
Wow....it took a gator to first comment on this. This was the most glaring thing to me, especially when one of his team mates said it to a newspaper.

Oh and we should just start calling the pony boy Danny boy

Oh Danny boy, young Shipley's pipe is callin'

badger
10/16/2009, 01:53 PM
There's been some strong rumors that neither Bradford or McCoy cared for Tebow.
Their feelings (or rumored feelings reflect their respective fanbases.

No.
Oh, yes, definitely.

Sasakwa
10/16/2009, 03:50 PM
Does like Bradford.

Does not like Tebow.

Sounds ok to me.