PDA

View Full Version : Parking OU/Texas

w0lfe
10/14/2009, 07:44 AM
For those of you who consistently go to the OU/Texas game, where is the best places to park at? Any suggestions?

Sooner24
10/14/2009, 08:38 AM
Starting this year you can park and ride the DART rail to the game.

http://www.dart.org/statefair/statefair.asp

http://www.dart.org/maps/printrailmap.asp

Note there is NO DART parking at Victory station (AA Center).

batonrougesooner
10/14/2009, 08:44 AM
Be careful of who you give your money to if you park around the fair.

For instance if you see a crack head with an orange vest and/or orange flag standing in the middle of the street pointing you towards an empty lot on the corner of the street or behind some business, don't give him $10 and don't park there. You will return to find your car towed and several hundred dollars poorer.

Thankfully this has never happened to me but I see it happen every year.

w0lfe
10/14/2009, 09:12 AM
Thank you guys. Yeah, I am going into this not really knowing what to expect. Figured there would be crackheads everywhere.

flopshotjoe99
10/14/2009, 09:28 AM
Starting this year you can park and ride the DART rail to the game.

http://www.dart.org/statefair/statefair.asp

http://www.dart.org/maps/printrailmap.asp

Note there is NO DART parking at Victory station (AA Center).

this is the best move, traffic/parking around the fair is a giant cluster F.

StoopTroup
10/14/2009, 09:33 AM
Richardson, TX. Then get on the D.A.R.T. for $5 and they take you straight to the Fair. You can eat your brown bag lunch while your on the train and once in Dallas you catch a bus and they take you right to the gate. The bus is where I found these two lovelies...:D

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/DSC03080.jpg

w0lfe
10/14/2009, 09:33 AM
We plan on leaving around 3 am saturday morning, this a smart move?

StoopTroup
10/14/2009, 09:35 AM
We plan on leaving around 3 am saturday morning, this a smart move?

I'd say midnight or one at the latest.

Sooner24
10/14/2009, 09:38 AM
I'd say midnight or one at the latest.

That's sure taking a chance leaving that late.

StoopTroup
10/14/2009, 09:39 AM
That's sure taking a chance leaving that late.

:D

Sooner24
10/14/2009, 09:41 AM
:D

;)

UTgolfer
10/14/2009, 09:52 AM
If you are staying in town over night I would highly recommend taking the DART green line to the game as it will drop you off at the fairgrounds. If you are in and out the same day I would HIGHLY recommend that you park on the fairgrounds and not in a residential lot.

Not sure where you are coming from but if you are driving to the game keep in mind that Central Expressway (or 75 if you prefer) and I-30 will be a nightmare. I would highly recommend spending a few minutes on Google Earth and locate Greenville, Skillman, or Abrams and taking those south. They take slightly different routes to get to the fairgrounds but they are a much better alternative to 75 and I-30. Your goal is to wind up on the east side of the fairgrounds as that is where most of the public parking is and those parking lots are patrolled by the Dallas Police Department.

TexasLidig8r
10/14/2009, 10:20 AM
If you are staying in town over night I would highly recommend taking the DART green line to the game as it will drop you off at the fairgrounds. If you are in and out the same day I would HIGHLY recommend that you park on the fairgrounds and not in a residential lot.

Not sure where you are coming from but if you are driving to the game keep in mind that Central Expressway (or 75 if you prefer) and I-30 will be a nightmare. I would highly recommend spending a few minutes on Google Earth and locate Greenville, Skillman, or Abrams and taking those south. They take slightly different routes to get to the fairgrounds but they are a much better alternative to 75 and I-30. Your goal is to wind up on the east side of the fairgrounds as that is where most of the public parking is and those parking lots are patrolled by the Dallas Police Department.

STOP IT!

That is so not true!

With all the DART trains... no one will be on Central Expressway and I30 this year! Take that route with confidence knowing that you will be one of the few people going that way.....

SoonerPr8r
10/14/2009, 10:20 AM

For instance if you see a crack head with an orange vest and/or orange flag standing in the middle of the street pointing you towards an empty lot on the corner of the street or behind some business, don't give him $10 and don't park there. You will return to find your car towed and several hundred dollars poorer.

A friend and I did this last year and we worried the entire game if the car was still going to be there when we got back. It was. But we definitely wont be doing that again.

UTgolfer
10/14/2009, 10:27 AM
STOP IT!

That is so not true!

With all the DART trains... no one will be on Central Expressway and I30 this year! Take that route with confidence knowing that you will be one of the few people going that way.....

Who am I to disagree with Lid?

bluedogok
10/14/2009, 04:48 PM

They had a story on the news down here about the parking issues last year.

KXAN.com - Dallas to avoid Texas-OU parking woes (http://www.kxan.com/dpp/sports/dallas_to_avoid_texas_ou_parking_woes)
City issues signs, makes private lots buy permits

Updated: Tuesday, 13 Oct 2009, 10:56 AM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 13 Oct 2009, 10:51 AM CDT

DALLAS (AP) - Dallas seeks to avoid a repeat of parking problems as fans converge on Fair Park for Saturday's Texas-Oklahoma football game .

Last year dozens of fans, after the game at the Cotton Bowl , discovered their vehicles had been towed from private lots that they thought were legitimate.

Some people falsely posed as parking attendants, accepted payments and then disappeared. More than 40 vehicles were towed.

The Dallas Morning News reports the city this year requires private parking lots around Fair Park to buy permits and display city-issued signs.

Dallas parking and transportation staffers will be spot-checking the Fair Park. Towing companies also are receiving a letter from the city advising of the new procedures.

A nonparking option is Dallas Area Rapid Transit's green rail line , which recently began serving Fair Park.

...I SO wanted to change that title...