PDA

View Full Version : The Edge...

westcoast_sooner
10/14/2009, 12:03 AM
I've been mulling over what's going to give the Sooners the edge to win on Saturday. Try as I might to come up with something unique or special or whatever, I finally came to the realization that the edge is Sam Bradford.

With him, I think OU is unbeaten. He's a difference maker, and would make our team at least 4 points better this year - enough to win two close ballgames on the road. With him, our team works just a little harder. With him, we look a heck of a lot better than maybe we are.

This is in no way a knock on Landry, as I think he did a fine job and will be great for us next year. But, he isn't Sam, doesn't quite have Sam's ability to read the defenses quite as well, and isn't quite as accurate yet.

But Sam just makes this offense a lot better, and perhaps, given UT's lack of offensive production, especially in the running game, I think Sam might be the difference in Dallas on Saturday. With Sam, we have a great opportunity. Without him, our offense looks ordinary.

While we will need a great game from the defense, from the receivers and from the entire team, Sam is the guy, I think that can put us over the top.

LawtonBoy74
10/14/2009, 12:06 AM
I concur

JLEW1818
10/14/2009, 12:08 AM
I'll make it very simple

the team who has rushed for the most yards, has won the last 10 times

we have a weak O-Line, and a strong Dline

texas has a weak running attack

this game comes down to the texas dline

Boarder
10/14/2009, 12:11 AM
I bet The Edge does well Sunday night. I hope so.

sooner59
10/14/2009, 12:12 AM
Like all epic battles.....this one will be won in the trenches.

sooner59
10/14/2009, 12:12 AM

So did Sam Bradford just get a new nickname? The Edge!

JLEW1818
10/14/2009, 12:13 AM
So did Sam Bradford just get a new nickname? The Edge!

It's now official in my book

sooner59
10/14/2009, 12:17 AM
Sam Bradford IS.........THE EDGE!!!

Coming to a gridiron near you.

Be afraid...

rainiersooner
10/14/2009, 12:26 AM
I finally came to the realization that the edge is Sam Bradford. With him, I think OU is unbeaten. He's a difference maker, and would make our team at least 4 points better this year - enough to win two close ballgames on the road.

It's funny you say that. I was just watching the Miami game again (while stabbing myself in the thigh with rusty forks); remember our second series (after the second interception)...I think it was 3rd and 12 just inside our 50 and Caleb breaks free on the left...I mean wide open with no one behind him...Landry missed him by about 5 yards. It's all speculation, but damn if I can't help but think Sam would have made that throw and if it didn't go for six, it at least would have put us in field goal range. So yeah, all things considered, I'm damn glad the Big Easy, the Edge, whatever, is back. And that is NO disrespect to Landry at all, who I think will be a fine QB for us the next couple of years.

Lott's Bandana
10/14/2009, 01:52 AM
I thought this was going to be like my Bono... thread.

Okie35
10/14/2009, 02:33 AM
I'll make it very simple

the team who has rushed for the most yards, has won the last 10 times

we have a weak O-Line, and a strong Dline

texas has a weak running attack

this game comes down to the texas dline

This... and I think w/ their banged up RBs we have the edge w/ that.

Okie35
10/14/2009, 02:36 AM
It's funny you say that. I was just watching the Miami game again (while stabbing myself in the thigh with rusty forks); remember our second series (after the second interception)...I think it was 3rd and 12 just inside our 50 and Caleb breaks free on the left...I mean wide open with no one behind him...Landry missed him by about 5 yards. It's all speculation, but damn if I can't help but think Sam would have made that throw and if it didn't go for six, it at least would have put us in field goal range. So yeah, all things considered, I'm damn glad the Big Easy, the Edge, whatever, is back. And that is NO disrespect to Landry at all, who I think will be a fine QB for us the next couple of years.

Sam has more poise and he looks to all his checkoffs... there was a reason why there were 9 different players w/ receptions in the Baylor game. Landry is still a good qb.

colinreturn
10/14/2009, 03:02 AM

i came to this thread to make this joke

beer4me
10/14/2009, 06:01 AM
I thought this was going to be like my Bono... thread.

That's what I was thinking at first I thought this was going to be about U2 :D