PDA

View Full Version : newsok.com is reporting...

kbsooner
10/13/2009, 09:01 PM
ryan reynolds is applying for a medical hardship and stoops wants occasional home & home with texas (if he had his way)

SoonerInSpringdale
10/13/2009, 09:07 PM
As much as I like RR I think it is time for him to be put out to pasture after this year. His lateral movement just isn't there after his injuries. I think some of our young studs coming up at the LB position are going to be good as well.

I Am Right
10/13/2009, 09:08 PM
Ryan Reynolds? is he injured? and Home and home will be fine with me.

I Am Right
10/13/2009, 09:09 PM
I pay enough in donor money, I will get texas tickets there.

Soonerus
10/13/2009, 09:11 PM
RR is a good college player...

Curly Bill
10/13/2009, 09:13 PM
I'm ready to see Ronnell Lewis or someone else in that spot next year.

VA Sooner
10/13/2009, 09:53 PM
Tom Wort is a beast... he'll fill in nicely... provided his ACL heals completely.

If Ryan comes back, there's no guarantee he would have a starting spot.

Collier11
10/13/2009, 09:57 PM
stoops wants occasional home & home with texas (if he had his way)

This part isnt completely true, they are referring to his presser <--- :D
in which they asked him if he wanted the game to go to Jerry World. He said he will leave that decision up to Joe C and Boren to see what is financially beneficial to the school and best for the fans, he then said if you are asking me I wouldnt mind a home n home if they did it every once in a while during renovations or something.

He wasnt out and out asking for it to become a home n home though

Collier11
10/13/2009, 09:57 PM
Tom Wort is a beast... he'll fill in nicely... provided his ACL heals completely.

Do you not know Stoops and BV by now, he would be a guaranteed starter

Curly Bill
10/13/2009, 10:05 PM
Do you not know Stoops and BV by now, he would be a guaranteed starter

Bob is loyal to a MFing fault. :(

Widescreen
10/13/2009, 10:09 PM

Yes there is.

starclassic tama
10/13/2009, 10:24 PM
i keep hearing reynolds getting bashed for being slow. exactly what plays has he been burnt on this year? the TE's had good games against BYU and miami, but were they his responsibility?

rawlingsHOH
10/13/2009, 10:24 PM
If he can come back, and play at his 2008 level, it would be a great thing.

CK Sooner
10/13/2009, 10:31 PM
Saying that Lewis, or Wort is idiotic right now.

SoonerInSpringdale
10/13/2009, 10:37 PM
i keep hearing reynolds getting bashed for being slow. exactly what plays has he been burnt on this year? the TE's had good games against BYU and miami, but were they his responsibility?

If you have the games DVRd (I do and have watched them several times) just watch RR in the passing game. Anytime he is dropping into coverage or trying to help in the passing game. Especially watch when they are doing a lot of underneath and crossing routes. He is a great run stopped. He is a great tackler. He is not the same (and who would be after all those injuries?) laterally that he was before the injuries.

CK Sooner
10/13/2009, 10:39 PM
If you have the games DVRd (I do and have watched them several times) just watch RR in the passing game. Anytime he is dropping into coverage or trying to help in the passing game. Especially watch when they are doing a lot of underneath and crossing routes. He is a great run stopped. He is a great tackler. He is not the same (and who would be after all those injuries?) laterally that he was before the injuries.

Travis and Keenan have been the same if not worse.

SoonerInSpringdale
10/13/2009, 10:42 PM

I don't think they have, but I could be wrong. Maybe it just stands out more because he's in the middle- I don't know.

Again, I love the guy. I think he's a warrior. He's given his knees for the Sooners. Probably won't be able to walk good in his later years of life. I will always remember him as a great Sooner LB, but I just think he has lost a step or two in coverage because of his inability to move laterally (again, just like any of us would with that many injuries).

He either has lost a step or is not 100% yet.

LawtonBoy74
10/13/2009, 11:52 PM
People take Ryan for granted..he is a damn good football player!! I would love to have a guy like that back on the team, next year.. you just dont get guys like RR in every recruiting class

JLEW1818
10/13/2009, 11:53 PM
i asked this during the Summer about RR

i figure he will get one????

Shipley did??? is Ryan any different with his story?

LawtonBoy74
10/13/2009, 11:56 PM
I think he should get one, kid has suffered alot with his knee injuries, and missed alot of games because of them

rawlingsHOH
10/14/2009, 12:04 AM
That is because they have protected Reynolds more. Required less out of him in his drops. A good move.

Eielson
10/14/2009, 12:15 AM
Not to say that Reynolds is perfect, but he is second only to Travis Lewis in tackles. I only ever hear negative talk about Reynolds' play, but obviously he's doing something right.

JLEW1818
10/14/2009, 12:17 AM
I didn't like him last year

then we he got hurt against texas....

yah we blew it

E, you down for a fantasy NBA league?

Toronto Sooner
10/14/2009, 12:42 AM
If RR was wise then he should come back next year (if he gets the med red shirt) to get a head start with a coaching career. His knees and lack of speed will likely not cut it in the NFL - he needs to face that reality. He should come back next year as a part-time MLB and an unofficial assistant coach for T. Wort and R. Lewis. RR can play like 20% of the snaps, mainly in run stuffing situations, and Wort and Lewis can take the other 80% of the snaps. RR can focus on pushing and preparing Wort and Lewis both in practice and during the games.

This situation will benefit both the team and RR, and can also greatly help out BV. This would be a big step for RR's coaching career.

IronHorseSooner
10/14/2009, 09:18 AM
It is definitely good move for him, and a good move for the team. Next year, if he were to leave, we could lose all three of the LBs. This is if Travis goes to the NFL, like some have suggested, due to family situations. He would start @ MLB, have Box replace Clayton's spot, and move Wort to Travis's spot. The staff likes to start guys on the outside, and then move them in. It think OUr last few MLBs started on the outside, and then they moved to the inside. After Ryan leaves, I would then look for Box or Wort to move inside. I believe that they want Ronnell Lewis to be a combo guy much like Crash Kindle. If Travis Lewis comes back, in reality, we would be returning three veteran LBs. Not many teams out there can say that.

Sooner04
10/14/2009, 09:21 AM
Knowing our "luck" with the NCAA, Reynolds is a shoo-in to get his medical redshirt.

SoonerMavrick25
10/14/2009, 09:38 AM
Having torn the ACL in each of my knees and also having the same Doc as RR, I am astonished that he is even out there and playing. I am not anywhere close (athletically to him or) to where I was before I tore my 2nd ACL (was playing some minor league baseball at the time.) It is an inspiration and should be to all that he is out there on the field playing well. Without a brace I might add. With that said on 3rd down he either needs to blitz, or not be on the field if it is a passing situation

fwsooner22
10/14/2009, 09:43 AM
I will never understand all the criticism of Ryan Reynolds. Take a few plays and don't watch the football just watch him. It is amazing. Is there better ? Sure, but he is a darn good football player and we are lucky to have him. If he doesn't leave the field in Dallas last year we win. Isn't that enough for some of you guys.

Collier11
10/14/2009, 09:47 AM
cus OU fans (any teams fans actually) need a reason to b*tch and moan when most really dont have any clue how good or bad a player is

badger
10/14/2009, 10:39 AM
No reason both Wort and RR can be in the backfield, right?

As for an occasional home-and-home, Stoops must be sick of getting calls, letters and e-mails from that perennial gubernatorial candidate that keeps demanding it... EZ Million, I think his name is.

Collier11
10/14/2009, 10:42 AM
im just sick of our LBs tearing ACLs

stoops the eternal pimp
10/14/2009, 10:49 AM

your wisest post ever.....

RR is not good against the pass, but he sheds blocks better than the other 2 and is more assignment sound so far...Miami took constant advantage of Clayton and Lewis being out of position on the backside...

StoopTroup
10/14/2009, 10:51 AM
I'm sick of folks who think guys like Reynolds who have gone through massive pain and agony to emerge from a career ender...Well...that they have anything negative to say about him. He's a great Sooner who has done everything to help his team.

Coming on a message board and spewing stuff like I hope he gets denied and that you hope his career is over...is just pretty awful in my mind.

The word "Heartless" comes to mind and a few others.

badger
10/14/2009, 11:29 AM
I was ready to cry along with RR (although his crying was on the inside) when he went down with an injury at the RRS last year.

Be nice, people. It's RRS week. Save your criticism for after Saturday... after RR tears into Texas like they tore into his knee last year!

goingoneight
10/14/2009, 11:36 AM
Funny how a TE lines up on the outside linebacker and the guy whose job is to watch the ball, running backs, fullbacks and QB gets blamed for the TE running wild behind Clayton and/or Lewis.

RR got torched by Jermichael Finley two years ago and he owned up to it and shut down an even better TE in Chase Coffman and Brandon Pettigrew later in the year. Fact: all three of those guys are NFL TEs now.

RR's top speed or lateral speed may not be what it once was, but we gave up something like 150 yards more per game last year without him in the middle and God knows we gave up a shat ton of points without him too.

We need RR for his run-stuffing skills against the Cart McCoy Playskool Zone-read running game. We also need OUr DL to bring it all game on Cart. Get their hands up. If they don't knock down a pass, they're at least making the throw more difficult to make for Cart, and even more difficult to see and catch on all those short passes Greg Davis calls.

MamaMia
10/14/2009, 11:39 AM
ryan reynolds is applying for a medical hardship and stoops wants occasional home & home with texas (if he had his way)
Prayers for Ryan and I hope Stoops doesn't get his way.

goingoneight
10/14/2009, 12:16 PM
BTW, Stoops just said home and home "might be cool, too" when the RRS location topic came up. He's strongly behind OU's great traditions and on many occasions has been quoted as all for the Cotton Bowl.

Taxman71
10/14/2009, 01:12 PM
The RR discussion reminds me of the Q haters prior to 2002. Turns out the coaches knew what they were doing then too.

Pigface1
10/14/2009, 01:36 PM
Screw home and home, keep it in the Cotton Bowl. Just wish they'd make it a night game every now and then.

sooneron
10/14/2009, 01:37 PM
I have no problem seeeing RR come back. In fact, I want to see the kid get what he wishes. He deserves it. He's a very good LB and a leader.

kbsooner21
10/14/2009, 01:40 PM

"That's Not True!" [hairGel]

Collier11
10/14/2009, 01:41 PM
Screw home and home, keep it in the Cotton Bowl. Just wish they'd make it a night game every now and then.

The only way it will ever be a night game is if it goes to Jerry World, do you really want to be walking around the state fair at midnight, I sure dont

Pigface1
10/14/2009, 01:42 PM
The only way it will ever be a night game is if it goes to Jerry World, do you really want to be walking around the state fair at midnight, I sure dont

Hell no I don't, it'd be fun to watch on TV, though. lol

rawlingsHOH
10/14/2009, 02:43 PM
The RR discussion reminds me of the Q haters prior to 2002. Turns out the coaches knew what they were doing then too.
Yeah, that idiot, Stoops, refused to start Works.

LincolnWR19
10/14/2009, 03:47 PM
just for the record, as far as i know RR is the only Sooner defensive player under Stoops to grade out at 100% through a whole game after the coaches have reviewed the game film. that means making the right reads, no missed tackles, calling the right defensive audibles, ect. EVERY play he's on the field. it's like having a Josh Heupel on defense on the field. I hope we could be so lucky to have a guy with the brains and heart RR has every year.

rawlingsHOH
10/14/2009, 04:00 PM
just for the record, as far as i know RR is the only Sooner defensive player under Stoops to grade out at 100% through a whole game after the coaches have reviewed the game film. that means making the right reads, no missed tackles, calling the right defensive audibles, ect. EVERY play he's on the field. it's like having a Josh Heupel on defense on the field. I hope we could be so lucky to have a guy with the brains and heart RR has every year.
Everyone grades differently. Not sure how Venables does it. For some coaches, grading is based all on the mental, assignment related, you don't get docked for physical mishaps, like missing a tackle or getting torched in beat in coverage.

I've seen coaches assign as many as 4 grades on each play, allignment, technique, excecution, etc. You can end up getting something that looks like +/+/-/+. Obviously BV doesn't grade this way, as a 100% would be impossible.

I agree though, Reynolds is clearly a quarterback on the field. Much like Calmus was.

picasso
10/14/2009, 08:11 PM
As much as I like RR I think it is time for him to be put out to pasture after this year. His lateral movement just isn't there after his injuries. I think some of our young studs coming up at the LB position are going to be good as well.

I disagree.

TahoeSOONER
10/14/2009, 08:22 PM
Reynolds is a great Sooner and I hope he stay's as long as he wishes.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/14/2009, 09:05 PM
Funny how a TE lines up on the outside linebacker and the guy whose job is to watch the ball, running backs, fullbacks and QB gets blamed for the TE running wild behind Clayton and/or Lewis.

RR got torched by Jermichael Finley two years ago and he owned up to it and shut down an even better TE in Chase Coffman and Brandon Pettigrew later in the year. Fact: all three of those guys are NFL TEs now.

RR's top speed or lateral speed may not be what it once was, but we gave up something like 150 yards more per game last year without him in the middle and God knows we gave up a shat ton of points without him too.

We need RR for his run-stuffing skills against the Cart McCoy Playskool Zone-read running game. We also need OUr DL to bring it all game on Cart. Get their hands up. If they don't knock down a pass, they're at least making the throw more difficult to make for Cart, and even more difficult to see and catch on all those short passes Greg Davis calls.

wait..the MLB isn't responsible for every play in the middle? I thought that is what that stood for:eek:

Great post btw....100 percent right on

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2009, 10:25 PM
I'm sick of folks who think guys like Reynolds who have gone through massive pain and agony to emerge from a career ender...Well...that they have anything negative to say about him. He's a great Sooner who has done everything to help his team.

Coming on a message board and spewing stuff like I hope he gets denied and that you hope his career is over...is just pretty awful in my mind.

The word "Heartless" comes to mind and a few others.

I agree; if RR wants to come back i'm damn sure okay with it; yes he's not the best in coverage, but the kid is a good tackler, is stout against the run, and plays his heart out

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2009, 10:27 PM

The irony of it is that was the Baylor game last year, right before he got hurt the next week; i even posted on here about how well he was playing :D