PDA

View Full Version : AMERIKA The Birth

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/13/2009, 02:28 PM
Welcome comrades, the New Amerika begins today, with the passing vote on Socialized Medicine in the Senate Finance Committee. Seeds are sewn for the Brave New World. Enjoy!

Frozen Sooner
10/13/2009, 02:36 PM
Welcome comrades, the New Amerika begins today, with the passing vote on Socialized Medicine in the Senate Finance Committee. Seeds are sewn for the Brave New World. Enjoy!

You know, having met you, I'd guess that you qualify for Medicare, right?

10/13/2009, 02:49 PM
You know, having met you, I'd guess that you qualify for Medicare, right?Not for another yr. I'll have it for 2-3 yrs unless it's cut way back as contemplated. When the BNW kicks in, I'll be eligible for Carousel. Wheeedoggies!

Jacie
10/13/2009, 03:38 PM
I heard Rush Limbaugh do some schtick about refusing to get a shot for H1N1 virus simply because the government is urging everyone to do so. Since the government says to do it, Rush is therefore against it. He seemed to be suggesting as much on his radio show.

Hey, go for it Rushies. When that version of the flu sweeps across the U.S., Limbaugh's fanbase will be preferentially affected, some will die and the result will be fewer chicken littles running around screaming that the sky is falling.

Gresho Murford
10/13/2009, 03:41 PM
I heard Rush Limbaugh do some schtick about refusing to get a shot for H1N1 virus simply because the government is urging everyone to do so. Since the government says to do it, Rush is therefore against it. He seemed to be suggesting as much on his radio show.

Hey, go for it Rushies. When that version of the flu sweeps across the U.S., Limbaugh's fanbase will be preferentially affected, some will die and the result will be fewer chicken littles running around screaming that the sky is falling.
i didn't hear it but i'm going to go out on a limb and say he was refusing to get it b/c the government and the media was making a big deal out of nothing. The swine flu is so overblown it needs ointment

Leroy Lizard
10/13/2009, 03:46 PM

You don't see the obvious contradictions in your post?

GottaHavePride
10/13/2009, 04:11 PM
I'm not getting an H1N1 shot because I NEVER get flu shots anymore.

The flu is the flu. It's not more or less fatal than any other flu. And you know what? Flu shots make me sick. Small chance of catching the flu > 100% chance of feeling like crap for a week.

10/13/2009, 04:13 PM

Hey, go for it Rushies. When that version of the flu sweeps across the U.S., Limbaugh's fanbase will be preferentially affected, some will die and the result will be fewer chicken littles running around screaming that the sky is falling.1)I didn't know you were one of those guys 2)Do you think you have it correct?(ie, you didn't really listen very close, or at all)3)what do you think of socialized med.?

LosAngelesSooner
10/13/2009, 04:41 PM
I'm not getting an H1N1 shot because I NEVER get flu shots anymore.

The flu is the flu. It's not more or less fatal than any other flu. And you know what? Flu shots make me sick. Small chance of catching the flu > 100% chance of feeling like crap for a week.You know the doctors disagree with you on this, don't you?

There are many different types of flu, and they are not all created equal.

Just sayin'.

Sooner_Havok
10/13/2009, 04:44 PM
What is going to happen to RLIMC

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q179/jalael/nedm.gif

Gresho Murford
10/13/2009, 04:44 PM
You know the doctors disagree with you on this, don't you?

There are many different types of flu, and they are not all created equal.

Just sayin'.

i think in this instance he was referring to the swine flu not being as bad as the regular flu. If so, he is 100% correct.

LosAngelesSooner
10/13/2009, 04:55 PM
Really? Again, the doctors, and the people who have died of Swine Flu, would disagree with you.

But whatevs...don't take the shot. I don't care.

Gresho Murford
10/13/2009, 04:57 PM
Really? Again, the doctors, and the people who have died of Swine Flu, would disagree with you.

But whatevs...don't take the shot. I don't care.

So my doctor was lying to me today when I went and got a flu shot? Again, lets see how many people die from swine flu compared to the regular flu when it is all said and done.

edit: how would people that died from it disagree with me?;)

A Sooner in Texas
10/13/2009, 06:29 PM
i didn't hear it but i'm going to go out on a limb and say he was refusing to get it b/c the government and the media was making a big deal out of nothing. The swine flu is so overblown it needs ointment

I bet the parents of the 76 children in the U.S. who have died from H1N1 don't think it's overblown.

It's more dangerous for those in high-risk groups, including the elderly, pregnant and children. Last number I've heard in Texas of children dying from H1N1 is 17.

GottaHavePride
10/13/2009, 06:44 PM
I bet the parents of the 76 children in the U.S. who have died from H1N1 don't think it's overblown.

It's more dangerous for those in high-risk groups, including the elderly, pregnant and children. Last number I've heard in Texas of children dying from H1N1 is 17.

Yes, but how many have died of the regular old garden variety flu?

Generally speaking, unless you're very old or young, or your immune system is already weakened from some other condition, flu isn't going to kill you. It'll make you feel like **** for a week, yes. Dead? No.

NormanPride
10/13/2009, 06:49 PM
Estimates from the CDC have deaths from H1N1 about a third more than the regular flu.

Fraggle145
10/13/2009, 06:50 PM
Ya but there isnt just a regular old flu there are numerous strains going around all the time and new ones pop up every year, hence why the vaccine has to be adjusted every year. I dont get the shot either, because it makes me feel like I have the flu anyway. Just saying that it all depends on the virulency of the strain.

Gresho Murford
10/13/2009, 07:18 PM
Estimates from the CDC have deaths from H1N1 about a third more than the regular flu.

link?

Also, I have heard that alot of doctors aren't even testing for and are being told not to test for what what strain it is b/c it is treated the same way.

I never said it wasn't a bad deal or serious. It is just way overblown. Its not as bad as the reg old seasonal flu.

LosAngelesSooner
10/13/2009, 07:29 PM
Ya but there isnt just a regular old flu there are numerous strains going around all the time and new ones pop up every year, hence why the vaccine has to be adjusted every year. I dont get the shot either, because it makes me feel like I have the flu anyway. Just saying that it all depends on the virulency of the strain.^^^ This ^^^

Penguin
10/13/2009, 08:41 PM
We are doomed.

olevetonahill
10/13/2009, 11:31 PM
I took the chicken Flu shot last year
Dint get sick will take the Pig shot this year

Hell I aint been sick with ANYTHING in so long.
The only time I were SICK is when I WANTED to Lay abed :D

10/14/2009, 12:23 PM
Has the swine flu shot been made widely available in OK, yet? It hasn't here in AZ.

Gresho Murford
10/14/2009, 01:52 PM
its not available here in duncan

10/14/2009, 05:45 PM
its not available here in duncanWill it arrive in time to celebrate the beginning of the BNW?

unbiasedtruth
10/14/2009, 07:16 PM
it is said that the people that have died from the H1N1 strain of Type A flu had other medical issues, asthma, diabetes, age and such that contributed to the cause of their death..... not entirely from the flu. this is pretty much the case every with deaths associated with a strain a flu.... other health reasons a contributing factor

havent had a flu shot, bu have had the flu.... thanks to a dumb f'ing co-worker that came to work coughing and hacking all night around everyone. Whats funny, of the 15 people that came in contact with him, 13 came down with it.