PDA

View Full Version : Best of luck Saturday

BigRedTradition
10/13/2009, 12:46 PM
from a Nebraska fan.

I have a feeling you will win Saturday. And hopefully when you come to Lincoln, we can finally make a game of it again.

Take care and best of luck! :)

soonerspudman
10/13/2009, 12:57 PM
from a Nebraska fan.

I have a feeling you will win Saturday. And hopefully when you come to Lincoln, we can finally make a game of it again.

Thanks ye neb'ner. Hated to see the VT outcome, that would have been really big, we're starting to know that feeling too well.

Was talking with my Dad the other day, he asked me what I thought about the big 12 and I said it's fine but I miss the OU/Neb big 8 games of old, some of the greatest November classics the game's ever seen, be nice to get some angle of that back, so start winning it up north!

rainiersooner
10/13/2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks Big Red - looking forward to playing you guys also!

TahoeSOONER
10/13/2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks bug eater.

Look forward to Lincoln where the real rivalry unfolds.

Not to mention ya'll are great fans.

Jello Biafra
10/13/2009, 02:22 PM
from a Nebraska fan.

ou's volley ball team says you guys are a bunch of vaginas....

goingoneight
10/13/2009, 02:26 PM
Why, oh why did we decide Bed-lame was better than OU/Nebraska? :(

BigRedTradition
10/13/2009, 02:35 PM
ou's volley ball team says you guys are a bunch of vaginas....

Can someone help me out here? :confused:

BigRedTradition
10/13/2009, 02:37 PM
Why, oh why did we decide Bed-lame was better than OU/Nebraska? :(

I miss the yearly games, too.

But I was under the impression that most OU fans have always thought of OU/Texas more of a rivalry than OU/NU... ???

TheUnnamedSooner
10/13/2009, 02:41 PM
OU/Texas is a hate rivalry. It's a rivalry simply because we don't like each other. The OU/NU rivalry was a respectful game and became a rivalry because both teams were really good and the conference championship usually depended on the outcome of that game.

BigRedTradition
10/13/2009, 02:44 PM
OU/Texas is a hate rivalry. It's a rivalry simply because we don't like each other. The OU/NU rivalry was a respectful game and became a rivalry because both teams were really good and the conference championship usually depended on the outcome of that game.

Well, I'm glad to hear that is the general consensus of OU fans.

Jello Biafra
10/13/2009, 02:46 PM
Can someone help me out here? :confused:

google: ou neb volleyball

SoonerMavrick25
10/13/2009, 02:50 PM
Are tickets going to be hard to come by for the OU vs NEB game?? Was thinking about checking out the scene up there.

G8trGr8t
10/13/2009, 03:27 PM
You guys got a tough game this week. Best wishes. If you keep Shipley in check and get a couple of good bounces, you got a chance to really mess up sexat's season. Hope your guys go in, and come out, healthy.

MamaMia
10/13/2009, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the good luck but we will need a lot more than luck to win this game. I have faith that we will play lights out but it will take a consorted effort on the part of the entire team including the players, the coaches and the fans.

Shortly after Bo was hired by LSU, he made the comment that he was looking forward to coaching without his hands being tied. It looks like he got his wish at LSU and now Nebraska. OU will have their work cut out for them.

swardboy
10/13/2009, 03:34 PM
You guys got a tough game this week. Best wishes. If you keep Shipley in check and get a couple of good bounces, you got a chance to really mess up sexat's season. Hope your guys go in, and come out, healthy.

Heh, we've even got gators abusing the shorthorn state's name....at least something good came out of that game.

beer4me
10/13/2009, 03:42 PM

This^^^

BigRedTradition
10/13/2009, 05:37 PM
Are tickets going to be hard to come by for the OU vs NEB game?? Was thinking about checking out the scene up there.

I would imagine they will be very difficult to get.

But... there is always a way, I suppose. :)

VA Sooner
10/13/2009, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the well wishes, Husker and Gator fans. This is OU's chance to turn the season... the pieces are there, the defense and the receivers need to step up. The o-line... well... I'll leave it at lots of screen passes, shovel passes, check down passes, dump passes, etc.

The defenses are fairly even but the stats are misleading... our stats also include two ranked opponents (currently).

I think the teams will match up fairly well...

Nebraska... that defense looks scary good in just Pellini's second year. I fear the Blackshirts are back. Good game coming in November.

BigRedTradition
10/14/2009, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the well wishes, Husker and Gator fans. This is OU's chance to turn the season... the pieces are there, the defense and the receivers need to step up. The o-line... well... I'll leave it at lots of screen passes, shovel passes, check down passes, dump passes, etc.

The defenses are fairly even but the stats are misleading... our stats also include two ranked opponents (currently).

I think the teams will match up fairly well...

Nebraska... that defense looks scary good in just Pellini's second year. I fear the Blackshirts are back. Good game coming in November.

I hope OU turns the corner here. I really do. And I think they will.

And I hope the Blackshirts are indeed back. Not only because I miss my team being good, but also because I miss our rivalry being good. I really mean that. I even get a little emotional just writing it.

The first NU play I really remember vividly is Jarvis Redwine pointing his finger as he scored in the '70's...yes, we lost that game. I know.

And I miss the games in the '80's... I miss that tension... the climactic end to a great season, all boiling down to one game: Oklahoma vs Nebraska.

Here's to NU dominating the North and OU dominating the South and playing a great (non-lopsided) Big 8.... Errrr...12... Championship game.

Difficult to believe that hasn't happened yet... the non-lopsided part, that is.

I have tremendous respect for the OU program, and for the true rivalry that is Oklahoma and Nebraska.

Now go kick Texas' arse...

:)

rainiersooner
10/14/2009, 12:32 AM

You're still around? Would you stop being so darn nice and outreaching and stuff? I'm trying to hate on you guys and your QB!!!

rainiersooner
10/14/2009, 12:34 AM
Shortly after Bo was hired by LSU, he made the comment that he was looking forward to coaching without his hands being tied. It looks like he got his wish at LSU and now Nebraska. OU will have their work cut out for them.

Wow! Really? I'd love to see a link to that...that is shocking and disconcerting.