proud gonzo
10/13/2009, 12:31 PM
that is all.

badger
10/13/2009, 12:33 PM
I like your avvie :D

proud gonzo
10/13/2009, 12:36 PM
oh, and the people at Goddard won't answer their ****ing phones.

badger
10/13/2009, 12:38 PM
Goin' to the Goddard, eh? Make sure you call ahead and schedule an appointment or you'll be in that waiting room forever... oh wait, you're trying to call in, aren't you... and they aren't answering, are they?

I'm sorry. Your best bet might be to camp in the waiting room, or to just schedule an appointment in person.

I would tell you to find a different clinic, but dang girl, clinics are busy everywhere with these flu fears.

proud gonzo
10/13/2009, 12:58 PM
yeah right, like i'm going to go sit in the waiting room with sick people sneezing on me. **** that!

StoopTroup
10/13/2009, 01:01 PM
Did we shake hands at the tailgate?

If so...I'm heading to the Doc right away! :D ;)

tulsaoilerfan
10/13/2009, 02:07 PM
Yup, my wife has one right now, but i would trade her my problem for her sinus infection in a second :)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/13/2009, 02:53 PM
From your doc(call him), get a scrip for Biaxin or gen. equivalent 500mg, 2 pills per day for 10 days. TAKE ALL 20 PILLS, DAM*IT!

Tulsa_Fireman
10/13/2009, 02:56 PM
Here's where you DON'T make a joke about spiders.

To do so will invoke the red wrath of a pretty blonde lady.

NormanPride
10/13/2009, 03:13 PM
You needs a bubel. :(

Taxman71
10/13/2009, 03:30 PM
Seriously, go to the doc and demand an antibiotic and the z-pac steroid. It will cure you nearly instantly.

GottaHavePride
10/13/2009, 04:12 PM
I thought the Z-pack WAS an antibiotic. Azithromycin is an antibiotic, not a steroid.

Medrol is the steroid pack. ;)

10/13/2009, 04:18 PM
...Azithromycin is an antibiotic...

;)Pls. elaborate. I've had super results in recent years with Biaxin. Is Azithromycin fairly new, etc.?

GottaHavePride
10/13/2009, 06:47 PM
Azithromycin (brand name Zithromax) is a new offshoot of Erythromycin, which has been around for at LEAST 20 years.

EDIT: erythromycin has been around for ages. azithromycin is relatively new - seems like the first time it was prescribed for me was maybe 8 or 9 years ago.

The difference is, erythromycin makes me vomit. Azithromycin does not. A Z-pack is six pink pills, you take 2 the first day, then one per day for four more days. It'll kill a sinus infection dead.

I wouldn't overuse it, though, because one thing I AM paranoid about is overmedication leading to antibiotic-resistant strains of diseases.

Penguin
10/13/2009, 08:06 PM
Oh, God yeah. E-mycin absolutely kills my stomach. My doc said it's not an allergy, just a "sensitivity. " :rolleyes:

Nobody has recommended she pour a gallon of boiling hot green tea up through her nose? :D

GottaHavePride
10/13/2009, 10:01 PM
Ah, the Neti Pot. I hear that works best with bourbon.

Soonerus
10/13/2009, 10:04 PM
Thank goodness, I have never had a sinus infection...

Penguin
10/13/2009, 10:05 PM
EVERYTHING works best with bourbon.

10/13/2009, 10:05 PM
Azithromycin (brand name Zithromax) is a new offshoot of Erythromycin, which has been around for at LEAST 20 years.

EDIT: erythromycin has been around for ages. azithromycin is relatively new - seems like the first time it was prescribed for me was maybe 8 or 9 years ago.

The difference is, erythromycin makes me vomit. Azithromycin does not. A Z-pack is six pink pills, you take 2 the first day, then one per day for four more days. It'll kill a sinus infection dead.

I wouldn't overuse it, though, because one thing I AM paranoid about is overmedication leading to antibiotic-resistant strains of diseases.have you used Biaxin before, for a sinuus infection or bronchitis? It is Clarithromycin.

GottaHavePride
10/13/2009, 11:16 PM
No, I've never used Biaxin. It's been a few years since I went to the doc for a sinus infection. I found out that unless I get the meds right away, they tend to clear up at the same speed, regardless of whether I'm taking anything or not.

Lately I just take 50mg of zinc per day and deal with it. It goes away in 3 or 4 days.

proud gonzo
10/14/2009, 02:06 AM
You needs a bubel. :(dude, i has a bubel and it is green.

Seriously, go to the doc and demand an antibiotic and the z-pac steroid. It will cure you nearly instantly.
The soonest I can get in to see a doctor is Thursday afternoon and I have to drive to Kansas to do it.

Oh, God yeah. E-mycin absolutely kills my stomach. My doc said it's not an allergy, just a "sensitivity. " :rolleyes:

yeah, i can't even swallow the stuff. puke city.

Fraggle145
10/14/2009, 02:35 AM
That is weird. Erythromycin doesnt really bother me, but if I dont have the z-pack pills with food I cramp worse than a woman.

And ya Goddard is teh suck. I sat in there for 4 hours last Tuesday.

proud gonzo
10/14/2009, 02:50 AM
yeah, i wasn't about to go sit in that germ-infested craphole waiting for some doctor to tell me i should try a saline rinse and come back in two days.

Taxman71
10/14/2009, 09:32 AM
I thought the Z-pack WAS an antibiotic. Azithromycin is an antibiotic, not a steroid.

Medrol is the steroid pack. ;)

Whatever it is...get the antibiotic (to cure the infection) AND the steriod (to feel better NOW). Those things can linger into other things and really mess you up.