PDA

View Full Version : what this team needs is a good "close win"

PDXsooner
10/12/2009, 07:05 PM
let's face it, OU is on a terrible streak right now of losing close, last-minute games. it sucks, and as much as you want to think things balance out in the end, lately they just haven't.

2005 - loss to texas tech by 2 on a very controversial goal line play as clock expires

2006 - the "loss" (win) against oregon on multiple simultaneous ridiculous calls to lose by 1.

- the freakish loss to boise state on three miracles at the end of the game to lose by 1 in double OT.

2007 - the last second field goal by colorado to lose by 3 as the clock expires.

- the 7-point loss at tech after bradford got hurt on the 1st play.

2009 - TWO 1-point losses to miami and byu.

it is ridiculous! we had a 7-point win vs texas in 2007, and otherwise you have to go back to 2006 to find our latest close win!

this team needs to beat texas on a gut-wrenching, crazy, miraculous play to cause them pain and propel us to another big 12 title...

Blues1
10/12/2009, 07:15 PM
Not This Week - !!!
Our Running Backs are going to Slice through * like a Knife into Hot Butter...... :)

You it Hear it Here First ~~~~ **OU 49 ~ Texas 13**

stoopified
10/12/2009, 07:42 PM
Maybe BUT I would settle for the Stoops specailty,a 20+ point beatdown.

MeMyself&Me
10/12/2009, 08:22 PM
let's face it, OU is on a terrible streak right now of losing close, last-minute games. it sucks, and as much as you want to think things balance out in the end, lately they just haven't.

2005 - loss to texas tech by 2 on a very controversial goal line play as clock expires

2006 - the "loss" (win) against oregon on multiple simultaneous ridiculous calls to lose by 1.

- the freakish loss to boise state on three miracles at the end of the game to lose by 1 in double OT.

2007 - the last second field goal by colorado to lose by 3 as the clock expires.

- the 7-point loss at tech after bradford got hurt on the 1st play.

2009 - TWO 1-point losses to miami and byu.

it is ridiculous! we had a 7-point win vs texas in 2007, and otherwise you have to go back to 2006 to find our latest close win!

this team needs to beat texas on a gut-wrenching, crazy, miraculous play to cause them pain and propel us to another big 12 title...

I hear yah. I in the early part of the decade, I remember watching close OU games knowing they would pull it out in the end because they seemed to be good at doing that. Now, when it's close, I have a much more pessimistic view during the close games and that pessimistic view is usually the right view unfortunately. Both the BYU and the Miami game, while OU still had the lead, I told my wife that OU is not going to win. I'd say it's been this way since AFTER Boise State and it's not just me... I think the team thinks they're going to lose if it's close. Even during the Boise State game, I thought OU was going to pull it out but I can't remember feeling that way since.

VA Sooner
10/12/2009, 08:48 PM
Need a good gut-check win... maybe in Nebraska.

But for this Saturday, it will be a beat-down. The pass game will free up the run game and then it will be Sooners Gone Wild all over the Cotton Bowl field.

BoulderSooner79
10/12/2009, 08:53 PM
I agree with the title of this thread. And fortunately or unfortunately, there will be more games this season that are close in the 4th qtr. and thus the opportunity to get a close win(s). Such a win or wins will go a long way toward seasoning the young guys that will be the leaders the next couple of years.

toast
10/12/2009, 10:11 PM
I'll take a good close win, or a bad close win, or a good blowout win, or a bad blowout win...

tulsaoilerfan
10/12/2009, 10:15 PM
You guarantee me a 1 point win and i promise i won't do any complaining around 3 PM Saturday :)

5thYearSooner
10/12/2009, 10:18 PM
I'll take a good close win, or a bad close win, or a good blowout win, or a bad blowout win...

Effing yeah!
3 losses in 4 years against * already. Dont wanna make it 4 outta 5. Cant handle ESPN morons after that.

SunnySooner
10/12/2009, 10:29 PM
I'd rather beat * by 1 point than by 20. Let em suffer!!!!!! But, but....

rawlingsHOH
10/12/2009, 10:59 PM

Selective history, because OU won a lot of close games in both 05 and 06.

ouwasp
10/12/2009, 11:34 PM
original poster might be onto something... BUT I DON"T CARE

Close games suck out loud!

Leroy Lizard
10/13/2009, 12:51 AM
I don't want a blowout. I want to see OU beat UT in a way that causes them the most suffering imaginable, a game in which they think they were robbed.

Sorry, but I just love to see them cry. I get a sick thrill out of it. Last year's BCS race was paradise.

For example, Shipley is wide open down the middle, but runs into the referee producing an easy INT that is returned for the winning TD. I want to see field goals hit crossbars, freak fumbles.

If OU can get away with a lot of uncalled penalties, so much the better. Anything to melt hornfans and make them feel like punching out members of their own family.

MichiganSooner
10/13/2009, 08:02 AM
Any win would bring back talk like Sooner Magic and Big Game Bob. 1 point or 60 points, I want a win.

OUmillenium
10/13/2009, 08:03 AM
Effing yeah!
3 losses in 4 years against * already. Dont wanna make it 4 outta 5. Cant handle ESPN morons after that.

ABC/ESPN already had us losing 4 out of 5 to * during the preview of the RRS during our Baylor game. Bad research again.

BoomerSooner, esq.
10/13/2009, 08:52 AM
Agreed. I hope that it is not against Texas though. You know if it is close the voters will consider it a fluke. I hope we SMASH Texas. But, yes we need a close win to build some excitement and show that we dont have to fall apart every time we are not up by 30 points.

CobraKai
10/13/2009, 09:04 AM
ABC/ESPN already had us losing 4 out of 5 to * during the preview of the RRS during our Baylor game. Bad research again.

I saw that. I thought I was going crazy or something.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/13/2009, 09:06 AM
to also mention our close wins.

2005 Holiday bowl vs Oregon
2006 A&M----17-16 <last 1 point win
2007 Texas

But I agree with you.

edit: oh you did mention those lol