PDA

View Full Version : Dear college football world....

JLEW1818
10/12/2009, 05:17 PM
ESPN, fox, cbs , who ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE AP POLL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FREAKING BCS, OKAY????? NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!!!! ****ERRRRRRRRRRR...... USA TODAY AKA "COACHES POLL" + HARRIS POLL + COMPUTERS = BCS RANKINGS

StupidSooner
10/12/2009, 05:20 PM
But it is the only poll the media has to call it's own. If you think the media is going to play up a competing poll, you're as stupid as I am.

JLEW1818
10/12/2009, 05:22 PM
its just dumb...

for example

"Alabama jumps Texas in the college football polls"

no actually they didn't, the AP poll has nothing to do with the BCS rankings...

Lott's Bandana
10/12/2009, 05:28 PM
its just dumb...

for example

"Alabama jumps Texas in the college football polls"

no actually they didn't, the AP poll has nothing to do with the BCS rankings...

All this excitement over one little "s"?

JLEW1818
10/12/2009, 05:30 PM
heh. it is just goofy... people act like the AP poll matters so damn much!!!!!

you could be first in the AP poll, and 5th in the BCS

an guess what? your not playing in the national title game

if the poll has nothing to do with the "college football rankings"

why should it exist???

kill!

yes I've been drinking

badger
10/12/2009, 05:34 PM
Why don't you love me? I play for USC and I'm a five-star recruit and I play quarterback but also punt the ball pretty well. Pete Carroll named me the service teams player of the year for my efforts during my transfer season between Arkansas and USC and I love my momma. She always looks out for me and my football career. Why can't you, college football world, love me like my momma does?!

Signed,
~Anonymous

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/12/2009, 05:43 PM
Signed,
~Anonymous

"Anonymous." Riiiiiiiiigggght ;)

Poor Mitch Mistake. Still not ready for prime time.

fadada1
10/12/2009, 05:45 PM
[usc fan] so you're saying we still have a chance?[usc fan]

OUAlumni1990
10/12/2009, 05:48 PM
I think it's funny how the Associated Press made themselves irrelevant. They thought at the time they were being cool by distancing themselves from the BCS.

badger
10/12/2009, 05:50 PM
I think it's funny how the Associated Press made themselves irrelevant. They thought at the time they were being cool by distancing themselves from the BCS.

Basically what schools do is use the ranking that lists them higher. For example, is OU 18 or is OU 20? We are ranked 18th, but of course.

It is still a widely recognized the poll, that AP poll. It just is irrelevant in the national championship game determination crap... which will also soon be irrelevant if they are the cause of more whining this postseason.

pac10SUX
10/12/2009, 05:53 PM
I usually go by the AP pole until the BCS rankings come out. Should I rethink this logic (or lack there of)? ;)

OUAlumni1990
10/12/2009, 05:59 PM
Basically what schools do is use the ranking that lists them higher. For example, is OU 18 or is OU 20? We are ranked 18th, but of course.

It is still a widely recognized the poll, that AP poll. It just is irrelevant in the national championship game determination crap... which will also soon be irrelevant if they are the cause of more whining this postseason.

Actually, the BCS poll also helps determine who else goes to the other BCS bowls (which is huge) and also determines who goes to the big 12 championship game in the event of a 3 way tie (see last year). It is the system we have in place at the moment, and so therefore, the only relevant poll other than the polls factored into it...

And I hope your not holding your breath on any major changes to the BCS anytime soon....

BoulderSooner79
10/12/2009, 06:09 PM
The ESPN BCS "expert" said yesterday that *if* the BCS were published right now, that the horns would probably be #5 due to the computers and SOS. 'Bama would be #1 with the gators #2, but so close it could go either way. Hopefully, the horns SOS goes way up but their ranking goes down next week :D

MeMyself&Me
10/12/2009, 08:39 PM
The ESPN BCS "expert" said yesterday that *if* the BCS were published right now, that the horns would probably be #5 due to the computers and SOS. 'Bama would be #1 with the gators #2, but so close it could go either way. Hopefully, the horns SOS goes way up but their ranking goes down next week :D

I look to the various BCS 'experts' and 'gurus' before the BCS is officially out now. AP really is irrelevant unless you happen to be a school that wins the AP poll at the end of the year without playing in the championship game... cough, USC, cough. Then you get to claim a national title you didn't earn... cough, USC, cough. Other than that, it's just for media propaganda.

VA Sooner
10/12/2009, 08:46 PM
AP Poll is more for people to outwardly protest the BCS computers and the other polls. More of a "what does the media think" as opposed to the "system"

badger
10/13/2009, 10:41 AM
Before Texas whines too much about that projection, there are nine undefeated teams left in the Bowl Subdivision (Div. I-A). They are ahead of half of them in this projection. At least they aren't listed 9 of 9.

rainiersooner
10/13/2009, 01:03 PM
heh. it is just goofy... people act like the AP poll matters so damn much!!!!!

you could be first in the AP poll, and 5th in the BCS

an guess what? your not playing in the national title game

if the poll has nothing to do with the "college football rankings"

why should it exist???

kill!

yes I've been drinking

I don't know...ask LSU if the AP poll matters; everyone claims they only won a split national championship in 2003.

JLEW1818
10/13/2009, 01:05 PM
back then the AP was part of the BCS system tho.... at least USC has somewhat of an arugment

now the AP poll has nothing to do with the BCS.