PDA

View Full Version : Refs

BermudaSooner
10/12/2009, 04:11 PM
I hate to say it, but have we been on the favorable side of every questionable call this year? The Ruffing the passer calls, the ruffing the punter (that was ridiculous), and a couple of non-PI, or PI calls.

It would be funny to beat Texas this year with the help from a couple of BS hitting the QB out of bounds calls like McBoy got last year--or an interception that isn't an interception.

Of course I'd rather just line up and kick the crap out of Texas without ref help.

JLEW1818
10/12/2009, 04:26 PM
If we get Randy i will be pissed

i can't think of the guys name, but my favorite big 12 ref, was the one who we had against tamu last year

pac10SUX
10/12/2009, 04:34 PM
Really liked those ponyboy flops last year. What a joke. :rolleyes:

Hopefully the refs will be on top of things this year. & per the baylor guy's thread, I'll throw in 2 dolla toward the buy the ref fund. :D

silverwheels
10/12/2009, 04:45 PM
The roughing the passer calls on Saturday were bad, but not that bad. The first one was acceptable and we actually got the short end of the stick on the second one because they called that but didn't call the PI in the end zone which would have given us the ball with 1st and goal on the 2. Instead we got it on the 6 or whatever.

Also, the personal foul on GK after the Clayton interception was bogus, unless they meant to call it on someone else and just said 93. Refereeing in general is just terrible these days. Really terrible.

JLEW1818
10/12/2009, 04:47 PM
Refereeing is about like Govt

usually always sucks

IronHorseSooner
10/12/2009, 04:50 PM
No Cristal, no Bible, and I will be fine.

MamaMia
10/12/2009, 04:59 PM
^^^^^
Yes, this

IronHorseSooner
10/12/2009, 05:15 PM
With everything that has happened in the past year, one would hope that the Big 12 would take the high road and give these guys the Baylor-ISU game and the KU-CU games. Don't even have them in the same state on Saturday. Not only do we complain about this, but Leach, Mangino, Pinkel, and various A&M coaches complain as well. any group that boasts itself as the "Austin Mafia" should not be allowed to officiate any game with *, or that would directly benefit them.

TXBOOMER
10/12/2009, 06:19 PM
If anyone thinks we will benefit from favorable calls against texass you need to put down the crack pipe. Ain't gonna happen. We will need to overcome horse shat calls just like we always do.

bluedogok
10/12/2009, 06:20 PM
The officials changed greatly after last season, IIRC the Big 12, MWC and C-USA put the officials in a pool and rotates them around so there seems to be less of the traditional "Big 12 officials" of Cristal/Bible working every game than in the past. It seemed we used to see them every week on Big 12 games and I can't really remember the last time that I heard Cristal's whiny voice.

Lott's Bandana
10/12/2009, 06:51 PM
Referencing the OP, we got away with murder, hate crime style, last Saturday.

Blocks in the back, PI's etc.

It was funny hearing all of us in the stands murmur when they happened.

Then kind of look up at the sky and whistle.

Funky G
10/12/2009, 07:27 PM
We have been screwed by the refs in Texas more times that I can count. "Neutral" field is in the state of Texas.

Dan Thompson
10/12/2009, 07:31 PM
I think I heard it was Bible and 5 or 6 of his cousins.

VA Sooner
10/12/2009, 07:34 PM
Say it isn't so!

rawlingsHOH
10/12/2009, 11:04 PM
I hate to say it, but have we been on the favorable side of every questionable call this year? The Ruffing the passer calls, the ruffing the punter (that was ridiculous), and a couple of non-PI, or PI calls.

No.

Salt City Sooner
10/13/2009, 01:30 AM
If we get Randy i will be pissed

i can't think of the guys name, but my favorite big 12 ref, was the one who we had against tamu last year

Tha was Tom Walker, (who, fwiw, was the ref the last time OU won in Dallas).
From the trivia file: his line judge against A&M was Kelly Deterding, the same guy who gave Taurean Henderson the bogus TD for Tech vs. OU back in '05.

SoonerTank
10/13/2009, 07:44 AM
Referencing the OP, we got away with murder, hate crime style, last Saturday.

Blocks in the back, PI's etc.

It was funny hearing all of us in the stands murmur when they happened.

Then kind of look up at the sky and whistle.

I was thinking the same thing. I couldn't remember getting that many "favorable" calls in a game.:D

BoulderSooner79
10/13/2009, 07:57 AM
The first 2 roughing the passer calls were returning-Heisman-coming-back-from-injury gifts. Heck, even the NFL refs gave a similar returning-MVP call to Brady against the ravens. I don't expect to see any more of these.

unbiasedtruth
10/13/2009, 08:17 AM
Who is the snaggle tooth ref from the BYU game????

As far as the 2 RTP penalties, the one that was most deserving is when the MLB from Baylor Joe Pawalek intentionally lowered his helmet into Sams as he hit him trying to cause an injury. It was plain as day what he was trying to do. Guy should have been tossed right then and there.

The other one was kinda bogus, the Baylor D-lineman guy got blocked to the ground and just sorta rolled/bounced into Sam....

OUAlumni1990
10/13/2009, 09:06 AM
I'd rather see a clean game ref wise. If we beat em, beat em fair and square.

tulsaoilerfan
10/13/2009, 09:07 AM
The roughing the passer calls on Saturday were bad, but not that bad. The first one was acceptable and we actually got the short end of the stick on the second one because they called that but didn't call the PI in the end zone which would have given us the ball with 1st and goal on the 2. Instead we got it on the 6 or whatever.

Also, the personal foul on GK after the Clayton interception was bogus, unless they meant to call it on someone else and just said 93. Refereeing in general is just terrible these days. Really terrible.

I agree, and i think part of the problem is there are too many rules put into place to "protect" the players that actually make it harder on the kids that play the game

tulsaoilerfan
10/13/2009, 09:09 AM
I wish refs would just let them line up and play and only make the calls that affect the play; how many times do you see a bs holding call that is nowhere near the play that just happened? Too damn many IMO

I Am Right
10/13/2009, 09:12 AM

Yes

MeMyself&Me
10/13/2009, 09:20 AM
I'd rather see a clean game ref wise. If we beat em, beat em fair and square.

I agree. Many on here consider the '05 Tech and '06 Oregon games wins. I wonder if those same people would consider a game this weekend a loss if it happened to * in our favor?

soonerborn30
10/13/2009, 09:42 AM
I get the desire to beat them fair and square. But I'd kinda like to pour a little salt in the wound. Give them something to develop ulcers about. Maybe screw 'em with a couple of big bogus penalties that cost them the game. That'll really up the plane-flying and crying on TV!!

The more agony the better.

VA Sooner
10/13/2009, 10:39 AM
More fodder for later in the season.