10/12/2009, 11:18 AM
we just need guys to "catch" the ball, and fall over

hope Ryan is ready

Gresho Murford
10/12/2009, 11:27 AM
this would be SO huge

IronHorseSooner
10/12/2009, 11:27 AM
If that is the case, look for the starting WRs to be Broyles, Caleb, and Miller.

Hotrod3157
10/12/2009, 11:34 AM
If he's really ready to go that would be HUGE. He's a difference maker when he's on the field. I guess I will keep my fingers crossed until we hear more.

IronHorseSooner
10/12/2009, 11:43 AM
We wouldn't really need him the punt return game due to Dom's recent success, even though I know that the coaches often use a double safety in that situation. They have been using Madu back there in his stead.

tulsaoilerfan
10/12/2009, 01:17 PM
That would be sweet

toast
10/12/2009, 04:51 PM
Will soonerus have any updates on Broyles? ;)

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/12/2009, 04:58 PM
someone quick, go to 31 flavors and wait for Broyles roomate's cousins babysitters nephew to get the update!

SunnySooner
10/12/2009, 05:02 PM
I was hoping to hear news like this. Supposedly it's a "hairline" fracture...if he is at ALL able, I really hope he plays. I'm sure he's really wanting to, we need him in this game BAD!!! I'd feel much better about our chances with him suited up.

josh09
10/12/2009, 05:21 PM
This. Would. Be. AWESOME.

instigator
10/12/2009, 06:34 PM
$5 says they amputated the arm.

I don't think he plays. We heard lots of this stuff with Sam and he didn't play. We even thought Gresham might play for BYU and look what happened there. Have you all learned nothing??

TexasLidig8r
10/12/2009, 06:37 PM
Let's see..he has probably not worked with Bradford on game speed timing routes since the BYU game....

uh... bring him on

PDXsooner
10/12/2009, 06:55 PM
Let's see..he has probably not worked with Bradford on game speed timing routes since the BYU game....

uh... bring him on

you seem worried...

colleyvillesooner
10/12/2009, 06:56 PM

uh... bring him on

yeah, it really hurt Bradford not working with all the other WR's, to the tune of 389 yards. Timing wasn't the issue. Catching the rock, different story. We fix that issue, and it's on this Saturday.

Widescreen
10/12/2009, 07:01 PM

uh... bring him on

LOL. You know full well the combination of Bradford and Broyles is a scary proposition for UT's defense. Come on.

Partial Qualifier
10/12/2009, 07:14 PM
James Hale said Broyles practiced today and coaches said he looked good.

soonerfanatic1
10/12/2009, 07:22 PM
can any one tell me what happened to cameron kenney on sat? he never played in second half

boomerborn79
10/12/2009, 07:25 PM
As bad as the season started with injuries, I think its turning around just in time. Let's go kick some sorry texas a**

boomerborn79
10/12/2009, 07:29 PM
can any one tell me what happened to cameron kenney on sat? he never played in second half
Nope, didn't see the second half. Sad he get's booed of the field at home. Hope he can recover mentally from that because he is good.

VA Sooner
10/12/2009, 07:32 PM
He got booed? Didn't hear that through my TV.

Love to see him back on the field... needs more time but he can be another go-to guy with some more experience. I'm sure he's taking a lot of reps, just like the other receivers.

stoopified
10/12/2009, 07:33 PM
I hope Ryan is back but.....I can;t help being a little skeptical.When was the last time we got an injured player back early for a big game?Irecall AD not playing until the Fiesta Bowl,Malcolm missing two bowl games,Reggie Smith missing a bowl game.Try as I might I can't recall an early return.I'm hoping this IS true though.

JLEW1818
10/12/2009, 07:34 PM
the only time i booed a player on my team

was Brad Lidge after he gave up a BOMB TO fat albert

boomerborn79
10/12/2009, 07:41 PM

Love to see him back on the field... needs more time but he can be another go-to guy with some more experience. I'm sure he's taking a lot of reps, just like the other receivers.
Granted. I was sitting by the student section, yes many boo's. This was also the first time I took 11 yr old daughter to a game. She asked why they were booing him. I told her they were drunk kids and thats how stupid you act when you drink.

AlbqSooner
10/12/2009, 07:45 PM
If Ryan plays, and if DeJuan shows what he showed last week, the whorn secondary is gonna be very busy.

olevetonahill
10/12/2009, 07:59 PM
Granted. I was sitting by the student section, yes many boo's. This was also the first time I took 11 yr old daughter to a game. She asked why they were booing him. I told her they were drunk kids and thats how stupid you act when you drink.

Thats about as sorry as ya can get IMHO
Booing a Kid cause hes a rook and made a Mistake

Now to Broyles Playin , Im hope ful But If he aint healthy keep him out . Dont take a chance on his Future playing ability Here or da Pros.

MeMyself&Me
10/12/2009, 08:10 PM
I'm of the camp that thinks booing in general shows poor sportsmanship, particularly at amateur sports. Booing your own players is really bad. I didn't hear this from my TV but I'm very disappointed that it happened. Here's to hoping that he has a breakout game at some point in the near future to quell that attitude.

As far as Broyles possibly playing, this could be a huge difference in scoring potential for the offense. How would James Hale know that he practiced. I thought Hale was the OSU guy?

Widescreen
10/12/2009, 08:11 PM
I'm less worried about the whole "future" thing with Broyles than I was with Bradford. It's a shoulder-blade. It will fully heal. A damaged shoulder can be a career-ender for a QB.

TXBOOMER
10/12/2009, 08:26 PM
If he is ready...get his arse on the field Saturday.

VA Sooner
10/12/2009, 08:43 PM

Sorry she had to witness that for her first game. She'll still remember going to that game though. Waiting for my daughters to be old enough... for now, the tiny jerseys and sitting in front of the TV with their dad will have to do.

sooner59
10/12/2009, 08:43 PM
I was in the student section and I never heard Cam get booed. So it wasn't a large portion of the student section.

The one time I heard a considerable portion of the stadium boo was in the 4th quarter. We got stuffed two straight times trying to run it inside the 5 and it seemed that the crowd got fed up with not being able to score inside the ten. The next play Tennell finally scored. It was more booing the play-calling than any player.

BoulderSooner79
10/12/2009, 08:59 PM
Kenney made some really good plays too - it wasn't just drops. From the replay, it looked like the first drop in the endzone he was looking right into the sun. I was judging by the shadows and the height of the pass and it didn't look like he located the ball until very late. The low pass was a drop for sure, but he has done good things the last 2 games.

VA Sooner
10/12/2009, 09:09 PM
Kenney is building up confidence. It will be there... maybe as soon as this weekend.

Okie35
10/12/2009, 10:03 PM
Kenney is building up confidence. It will be there... maybe as soon as this weekend.

Not just Kenney... I bet Miller and Tennell will also have a BIG game. I feel a coming out party. Caleb will already come to play. I saw if Broyles isn't fully healed he shouldn't play. I think regardless we'll show up and win. :D

5thYearSooner
10/12/2009, 10:13 PM
I hope Ryan is back but.....I can;t help being a little skeptical.When was the last time we got an injured player back early for a big game?Irecall AD not playing until the Fiesta Bowl,Malcolm missing two bowl games,Reggie Smith missing a bowl game.Try as I might I can't recall an early return.I'm hoping this IS true though.

Dont forget Demarco missing two consecutive bowl games.

GottaHavePride
10/12/2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah, the booing I heard was directed at Kevin Wilson for running up the middle and getting stuffed AGAIN.

VA Sooner
10/12/2009, 10:53 PM
Running up the middle is too hard for this team to do at the goal line... we can't open the holes as easily. Practice on first downs but not time and time again. I can understand being booed for that.

rawlingsHOH
10/12/2009, 10:57 PM

I think it wasn't neccesarily aimed at Kenney, but the entire receiver corps.

ouwasp
10/12/2009, 11:24 PM
A friend of mine at the game said he heard a lot of "Wilson, YOU SUCK!" catcalls...

On topic: Broyles... shoot up those steroids, fella, and get in the game!

MyT Oklahoma
10/12/2009, 11:57 PM
Booing the Sooner players under any circumstances is totally uncalled for. Boobirds = the molecules of the Universe. Just ask the King. :cool:

rawlingsHOH
10/13/2009, 12:09 AM
Booing the Sooner players under any circumstances is totally uncalled for. Boobirds = the molecules of the Universe. Just ask the King. :cool:

I agree, the only reason I can see booing an amateur athlete, is for dirty play.

sooner59
10/13/2009, 02:17 AM
Again, assuming those saying players were booed are correct, that's sad. But since I was at the game, the only booing that I actually heard was all directed toward K. Wilson. Right or wrong, the crowd booed the play-calling.....plain and simple. I'm sure Cam is fine, as well as Tennell since he stepped up. I bet everyone is shining with confidence after the texas game with CU.

colleyvillesooner
10/13/2009, 07:16 AM
. I bet everyone is shining with confidence after the texas game with CU.

Hopefully the guys from 2007 team are reminding all the young guys that you can look like **** against Colorado, even lose, and still win the RRR.

prrriiide
10/13/2009, 07:19 AM
I bet everyone is shining with confidence after the texas game with CU.

I hope not too much. Those kind of games light a fire in a team - just what we DON'T need in texass right now. After our performance against Baylor, and theirs against CU, I have more confidence going into this weekend (not that it matters one bit), but I still realize that texass can beat us like a rented mule if we let them.

Our D in the second half last week and our O like last week = OU win.

BoulderSooner79
10/13/2009, 07:20 AM
You gotta know that the horns spent more time planning for OU last week than for CU, so I wouldn't read too much into that game. Both teams will be ready to go Saturday.

OUmillenium
10/13/2009, 07:38 AM
I was in the student section and I never heard Cam get booed. So it wasn't a large portion of the student section.

The one time I heard a considerable portion of the stadium boo was in the 4th quarter. We got stuffed two straight times trying to run it inside the 5 and it seemed that the crowd got fed up with not being able to score inside the ten. The next play Tennell finally scored. It was more booing the play-calling than any player.

this is how I perceived it via television.

Gresho Murford
10/13/2009, 09:55 AM
I really hate it if it was b/c of his drops. He has atleast showed he can make plays. Tennell has had just as many drops and hasn't made plays but was still on the field.

Thats about as sorry as ya can get IMHO
Booing a Kid cause hes a rook and made a Mistake

I agree...like others though I think it was more of frustration towards all receivers. I bet Cam knows that too.

soonerborn30
10/13/2009, 10:24 AM
People definitely booed right after he dropped the 3rd pass in a row. From where i was, there were lots of "get off the field" type stuff being screamed at him. And we were close enough he might have heard it.

I don't condone booing the players in any way. The coaches, however, deserve it fully. That business in the 4th Q surely deserved some vocal criticism. I just hope that the kids realize that it's the coaches that are being booed.

MeMyself&Me
10/13/2009, 10:55 AM
Guys, if you boo the coaches, you're booing the team.

It's one thing to come here and criticize this and that but for all that is Crimson, PLEASE don't boo our team in the stadium!

StoopTroup
10/13/2009, 11:00 AM
I will always boo teh whorns.

hotshot13422
10/13/2009, 06:46 PM
Just saw on college football live that Broyles will likely play vs texas. Good news.

JLEW1818
10/13/2009, 06:54 PM
Just saw on college football live that Broyles will likely play vs texas. Good news.

good. any links yet ?

hotshot13422
10/13/2009, 06:57 PM
good. any links yet ?

not on espn, or that i can find

hotshot13422
10/13/2009, 06:59 PM
by the way, Broyles was a three star cornerback when he was recruited. Why do we bother recruiting five stars? The best players on the team are always the three stars who work hard

JLEW1818
10/13/2009, 07:01 PM
Iggy and Johnson were not big names either

Widescreen
10/13/2009, 07:44 PM
by the way, Broyles was a three star cornerback when he was recruited. Why do we bother recruiting five stars? The best players on the team are always the three stars who work hard

AD? GK? Be careful when you say "always".

colleyvillesooner
10/13/2009, 08:07 PM

He was a four star, but don't let the facts stop your point.

SoonerInSpringdale
10/13/2009, 09:02 PM
good. any links yet ?

Hard to give you a link to the TV show we watched in our own living rooms.