PDA

View Full Version : Nine (9) Undefeated Teams ~ So Far...

Blues1
10/12/2009, 10:14 AM
Here they are:

How Many Will Never Make a Perfect Season....?
Your Thoughts .......

Florida 5 - 0
Texas 5 -0
Bama 5 -0
Boise St 5-0
TCU 5-0
Cincy 5-0
Iowa 5-0
Kansas 5-0
South Florida 5 -0

List Their Schedules IF that will Help....

TCU vs Cincy for a National Championship....? ~~~~ :)

Spanish Sooner
10/12/2009, 10:25 AM
Kansas has to play Texas at least once and potentially twice, (and both play us too, so we could(will) be the ones to ruin their seasons) so only one of them could theoretically go undefeated

If both Bama and Florida go Unbeaten then they will meet in the SEC championship so only one of them good make it perfect. I think Bama wins that matchup

Cincy plays South Florida Thursday, I think Cincy wins it, and if they do I think they run the big east table. I think South Florida, if they win, drops at least one more along the way. I think the experience of Marty Gilyard and Tony Pike gives the Bearcats the edge

TCU still plays BYU and Utah and I think they drop one of those

Iowa got through Penn State at Happy Valley and Michigan at home, but they still have to go to Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Ohio State, They only have two wins over 10 points, a blow out against Iowa State and an 11 point win over Penn State. They have a 1 pt win over Northern Iowa and only 3 points over Arky State, so I think they drop one of those three.

Boise State has the easiest path to be undefeated of the entire 9, they really have no one left if they can get past Tulsa. But Tulsa's offense is dangerous (except against us) and the game is in Tulsa, so it wont be easy for them.

I think Boise state and Cincinnati have the best shots at going perfect

kbsooner21
10/12/2009, 10:26 AM
Cincy and Boise will be undefeated at year's end.

soonerinabilene
10/12/2009, 10:28 AM
Ill take cincy in the MNC against Boise. Man, what a f*cked up season if that happens.

Spanish Sooner
10/12/2009, 10:30 AM
I got a feeling that tulsa is going to take boise to the wire and win, but I'd gladly let boise go to the big dance if it meant destroying Texas on Saturday

IronHorseSooner
10/12/2009, 10:40 AM
Perfect scenario:

Of those nine teams:

South Carolina beats 'Bama and FLA (1,2)
We beat * and KU (3,4)
Tulsa beats Boise (5)
USF beats Cincy (6)
MSU beats Iowa (7) (Go Keith Nichol!)
We beat TCU in the Fiesta Bowl (8)

In that case, the only undefeated team is USF. However, they don't tend to take success very well at USF, and they also must play Pitt, WVU, and thUg.

Blues1
10/12/2009, 11:24 AM
For Sure - We Will know Some more by This Friday Morning....!!!

Wed, Oct 14 8:00PM NCAAF CFB: ---Boise State vs. Tulsa
Thu, Oct 15 7:30PM NCAAF CFB: --- Cincinnati vs. South Florida

Have Fun & Keep Rockin'

IronHorseSooner
10/12/2009, 12:16 PM
My birthday is on WED. What a great birthday present for Tulsa to beat Smurf Turf! In an unrelated note, my former boss went to HS up in Idaho, and they ran a track meet in stadium. In pre-meet stretching, he watched three birds dive head-long into that field! No wonder Oregon didn't do well in there, it's a bird trap!

Blues1
10/12/2009, 12:25 PM
My birthday is on WED. What a great birthday present for Tulsa to beat Smurf Turf! In an unrelated note, my former boss went to HS up in Idaho, and they ran a track meet in stadium. In pre-meet stretching, he watched three birds dive head-long into that field! No wonder Oregon didn't do well in there, it's a bird trap!

Amen Brother ~ Happy Birthday --- :)
ALso looking Forward to Tulsa Game...Lets Shake Up All those Undefeated Teams By Saturday Night -- Like to See that List From 9 teams down to at least 5 or 6......That Blue Field is the Most Ugly thing in College Football....JMHO

mehip
10/12/2009, 12:36 PM
It would awesome if the Cincy-Boise Title game happened. Totally throw a wrench in the BCS. I hope everybody but those two teams in the top 10 drop two games to make it a reality.

mehip
10/12/2009, 12:38 PM
I got a feeling that tulsa is going to take boise to the wire and win, but I'd gladly let boise go to the big dance if it meant destroying Texas on Saturday

Not if they play D against BSU the way they played against us. BSU is coached pretty well and I am sure are looking at how we took it to Tulsa.

Desert Sapper
10/12/2009, 01:30 PM
Well... Florida and Bama play each other, so at least one won't make it. Florida's only remaining real games are at South Carolina and the Cocktail party before the SEC CCG. Bammer still has to host LSU and Tennessee and travel to Miss State and Auburn. They will both probably be undefeated at the end of the regular season. Kansas won't do it. Iowa probably won't (I'm guessing they drop to Wisconsin this weekend). We know Cincy and USF can't BOTH do it, since they play Thursday. I imagine Cincy could go unbeaten. Pike is awesome. I expect it is possible for the UF/Bama winner to be undefeated going to the BCS title game. Texas probably won't this year. Boise might. Their remaining schedule is flat as a pancake. TCU could - they have a trip to BYU as their only remaining challenge.

I'm going to say 1-4 of the ones I said could go undefeated will. I wouldn't be surprised if none of them did, though.

sooner59
10/12/2009, 01:37 PM
What is going to happen if everyone else pukes down their leg and the winner of the SEC CG goes to the title game and the loser of that game and Boise are the only ones left with one loss each? They won't give it to Boise. Do we have an "All SEC" rematch title game? Do they drop the loser one notch below the best 2-loss team? Hmmm....

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/12/2009, 01:42 PM
What is going to happen if everyone else pukes down their leg and the winner of the SEC CG goes to the title game and the loser of that game and Boise are the only ones left with one loss each? They won't give it to Boise. Do we have an "All SEC" rematch title game? Do they drop the loser one notch below the best 2-loss team? Hmmm....

Chaos, put and utter chaos. We will have another situation similar to 07 where there's a legit argument for 4-5 teams to be in the MNC.

sooner59
10/12/2009, 01:44 PM
Chaos, put and utter chaos. We will have another situation similar to 07 where there's a legit argument for 4-5 teams to be in the MNC.

At this point, chaos is our friend. Win every week. Just win, baby! And pray for chaos.

Blues1
10/12/2009, 01:48 PM

Very Interesting.....! ~

I got a "Feeling" it will be a Pukie Year for The BCS one way or the other ~~~ :) By this Saturday Night we should have a Better idea on Who is in the Drivers Seat.

Qusetion..? ~ Does Cincy have to play in a Conference Championship Game....? (Too Lazy to Look..:)

badger
10/12/2009, 02:12 PM
Negative nancy thoughts aside about the RRS, I love the fact that so many undefeated teams will meet other undefeated teams before season's end. The ones that don't should be criticized endlessly for their dirt-easy schedules and suffer BCS consequences.

An undefeated season is NOT a prerequisite to making a decent bowl game. A decent schedule and a decent record to match are the ONLY things that should get teams to a BCS game.

In the meantime, did anyone else see the Family Circus this morning? It appears even that comic strip guy is ready for the RRS!
http://i35.tinypic.com/23wslso.jpg