PDA

View Full Version : Rumors: The Sooners' new offensive plan...

The Ghost of Mex
10/12/2009, 09:13 AM
ESPN insider has this story on the website, but I don't subscribe. Anyone have any insight into this story?

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/features/rumors

SeattleOUstudent
10/12/2009, 09:18 AM
Yeah, the bone is back.

.....thats what she said.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/12/2009, 09:35 AM
The new offensive plan is to block the other team and catch the damn ball. Wilson's a genius.

StoopTroup
10/12/2009, 09:39 AM
ESPN insider has this story on the website, but I don't subscribe. Anyone have any insight into this story?

Why don't you copy and paste it.

Sonner magic923
10/12/2009, 09:42 AM
Sooners search for red zone efficiency
9:15AM ET
Oklahoma Sooners
Top Email

Jake Trotter of the Oklahoman writes that Oklahoma's shaky red zone play -- i.e., its inability to get into the end zone -- is a result of two things: the loss of TE Jermaine Gresham to injury and a less-than-overpowering offensive line. If the Sooners keep settling for field goals, there's no way they can beat Texas on Saturday.

"When that ball crosses the 15, 10, you have to get some 7-ups, and we didn't," offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson said. "So we'll look at our scheme, our thought process, our execution, what we need to do."

Richard Durrett

Rivals begin week with distinct goals

"For Texas, which moved down a spot Sunday to No. 3 in the AP poll, it's a chance to continue its march toward an undefeated season and a shot at a national championship. The Sooners, with two nonconference losses, still have dreams of a seventh Big 12 Conference championship since 2000. A win over the Longhorns would give them the inside track to the Big 12 South title, not to mention ruining Texas' bid for a perfect season."

this is all it is for those of you with out access pretty much common sense ya we need tds not fg

JLEW1818
10/12/2009, 09:43 AM
last year, during bowl season, i believe reading a stat that OU had

50 plays of 25+ yards

The Ghost of Mex
10/12/2009, 09:56 AM
The new offensive plan is to block the other team and catch the damn ball. Wilson's a genius.

Wow! That’s sharp. Another great analysis by the Evil Soothsayer of Progressive Nowledge. No wonder ESPN charges for that story. I hope Mac Browner doesn’t happen upon this story. This thread should probably be erased.

PS…tell “School Bus” Ray Nagin I said hello and that I think President Bush bombed the levies too.

StoopTroup
10/12/2009, 10:00 AM
What amazes me is that anyone would pay for something ESPN writes.

The Ghost of Mex
10/12/2009, 10:03 AM

It's a long shot, I know. Sorry.

My Opinion Matters
10/12/2009, 12:10 PM
The new offensive plan is to score touchdowns instead of field goals? Brilliant!

BASSooner
10/12/2009, 03:01 PM
The new offensive plan is to score touchdowns instead of field goals? Brilliant!

Wrong. OUr new scheme will be to run to the left instead of the right ;)

Toronto Sooner
10/12/2009, 03:02 PM
KW, it's about flipping time! Try starting with your play calling. Gawd! Also, stop folding up like a baby once the situation gets a little bit tense. Try being innovative, instead of so predictable, when things are not working. Good coaches don't keep harping on excuses, but actually find ways to make it work with what they have. The non-stop excuses and the unwillingness to accept blame by this coaching staff has been very disappointing to me. Arrogance!!! The note by KW below is not an admission of blame, but perhaps it's a first step in the right direction in an attempt to correct the core problem.

"So we'll look at our scheme, our thought process, our execution, what we need to do."

Sooner04
10/12/2009, 03:02 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2b/Wishbone_Formation.PNG

Look! We even implemented some spread principles by putting in two wide receivers.

VA Sooner
10/12/2009, 03:07 PM
The 'bone is back!

I see the spread principles... a fusion of new and flashback. The spread wishbone... is that Matt Clapp there in the FB position behind Sam?

Perfect for the goal line.

Sooner04
10/12/2009, 03:09 PM
Brody Eldridge, going dyslexic by changing his number from 83 to 38, is lined up behind Bradford in the Sooners' new Wishbone 2.0 formation.

Toronto Sooner
10/12/2009, 03:27 PM
J.C. Watts has been granted 1 year of eligibility while he works on developing his skills to run for Republican party leader. J.C. will run OU's bone. OU will have a multiple dimension offense, with both the bone and current up tempo offenses. Bradford will come in when we run the current offense.

Also, OU has found an additional loophole to bring back the A-11 offense, as a 3rd dimension. That's an offense with 2 QBs. Bradford and Landry will be quarterbacking on the field at the same time.

"The A-11 offense is an offensive scheme that has been used in some levels of amateur American football. In this offense, a loophole in the rules governing kicking formations is used to disguise which offensive players would be eligible to receive a pass any given play."

"The scheme was used at the high school level for two seasons before the national governing body of high school football, the National Federation of State High School Associations, closed the scrimmage kick loophole in February 2009, effectively banning important facets of the offense."

w0lfe
10/12/2009, 03:49 PM
i would love to run the bone in the redzone =]

BoomerSooner, esq.
10/12/2009, 03:52 PM
"When that ball crosses the 15, 10, you have to get some 7-ups"

So that is what the problem has been. Everytime we get in the red zone, KW heads for the pop machine. And here I was just thinking he was an idiot. :D

VA Sooner
10/12/2009, 05:17 PM
Brody Eldridge, going dyslexic by changing his number from 83 to 38, is lined up behind Bradford in the Sooners' new Wishbone 2.0 formation.

I like that better.... huge blocking machine for the running back.

VA Sooner
10/12/2009, 05:18 PM
J.C. Watts has been granted 1 year of eligibility while he works on developing his skills to run for Republican party leader. J.C. will run OU's bone. OU will have a multiple dimension offense, with both the bone and current up tempo offenses. Bradford will come in when we run the current offense.

Also, OU has found an additional loophole to bring back the A-11 offense, as a 3rd dimension. That's an offense with 2 QBs. Bradford and Landry will be quarterbacking on the field at the same time.

"The A-11 offense is an offensive scheme that has been used in some levels of amateur American football. In this offense, a loophole in the rules governing kicking formations is used to disguise which offensive players would be eligible to receive a pass any given play."

"The scheme was used at the high school level for two seasons before the national governing body of high school football, the National Federation of State High School Associations, closed the scrimmage kick loophole in February 2009, effectively banning important facets of the offense."

Brilliant for our redzone offense!

BoomerJ
10/12/2009, 08:50 PM

So that is what the problem has been. Everytime we get in the red zone, KW heads for the pop machine. And here I was just thinking he was an idiot. :D

You beat me to it. Very nice.

Toronto Sooner
10/12/2009, 09:10 PM

Soon KW will switch over to Dr Pepper. It better suites him, just like they say in the Dr Pepper commercial with Dr Dre (the rap guy). You gotta drink Dr Pepper slow. You know, slow, as in the way KW processes info before making critical in game adjustments.

OK2LA
10/12/2009, 09:18 PM

The days of free innerweb news could very well be numbered. Fox is planning on going to "pay" within the next couple of years. Once one goes, the free ones will start falling.

the_ouskull
10/12/2009, 11:18 PM

ESPN technically writes True Hoop, so yeah, it's worth it to me...

the_ouskull

SGT Park3R
10/13/2009, 05:46 AM

That was hilarious.

adoniijahsooner
10/13/2009, 06:39 AM
The days of free innerweb news could very well be numbered. Fox is planning on going to "pay" within the next couple of years. Once one goes, the free ones will start falling.

It will never happen, because someone will just come along with a bunch of ads and sponsors (sort of how hulu is done), and supply news for free.

OU4LIFE
10/13/2009, 10:43 AM

if we could just get it changed to the 7-UP Red River Shootout instead of Dr. Pepper everything would be better.

SoonerLB
10/13/2009, 12:31 PM

PRICELESS!!!

picasso
10/13/2009, 12:34 PM

To score in the redzone? I'm all for it!

STROMME95
10/13/2009, 12:45 PM
I have noticed from the games we get to see here in Montana, every time the QB is under center it is a run. No play action just a run you can call it ever time.