PDA

View Full Version : If.........

boomersooner28
10/12/2009, 03:38 AM
we have first and goal against Texas and decide to run the ball on 1st AND 2nd down again only to get stuffed and create a 3rd down passing situation...I may throat punch myself with the remote control.

Just sayin.....(baby woke me up and I can't go back to sleep) :P

Turd_Ferguson
10/12/2009, 03:44 AM
we have first and goal against Texas and decide to run the ball on 1st AND 2nd down again only to get stuffed and create a 3rd down passing situation...I may throat punch myself with the remote control.

Just sayin.....(baby woke me up and I can't go back to sleep) :PLet me know if ya need some help.....with the throat punch, not the baby:D

kustang619
10/12/2009, 07:32 AM
What are you talking about? I thought that running the ball twice and getting stuffed to put yourself in a 3rd and long was the way to be successful in the red zone...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CU Sooner
10/12/2009, 07:44 AM
I really thought wilson was just being vanilla as usual trying not to show * anything new. Then they run that reverse on the last drive of the game. A play they haven't ever run and i am wondering how stupid can he be?

Boomer.....
10/12/2009, 08:13 AM
It is mind blowing how poor our goal line offense is. Why wont we run to the outside?

OUmillenium
10/12/2009, 08:35 AM
^this

With this team that can't blow def lines up, you would think that DM would be best utilized outside. Miami was fast when we tried it and it didn't look so hot sometimes.

Turd_Ferguson
10/12/2009, 08:52 AM
KW has the proverbiel "Triple Lindy" play that he's going to spring out on the whorns. It will RYFO!!

ouwapiti
10/12/2009, 08:59 AM
'triple lindy' haha....nice reference to 'BACK TO SCHOOL'

deweydw
10/12/2009, 03:40 PM

Just sayin.....(baby woke me up and I can't go back to sleep) :P

If they get into this situation. I would hope that they would let Sam call a play while the defense is still getting set. Instead of turning around waiting for a play and letting the defense get set.

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/12/2009, 03:41 PM
why can't we just use play action to a TE on 1st or 2nd down?! oh yeaaaaaaa none of our TEs can catch DOH!

BoulderSooner79
10/12/2009, 03:46 PM
Hey, Ratterree made a not-so-easy catch last Saturday. You have to crawl before you can walk :)

OUMallen
10/12/2009, 03:47 PM
If they stuff us, that will suck. I'll throatpunch myself if we penalize our way back off the goalline.

Dan Thompson
10/12/2009, 03:52 PM
I think we are going to take some plays out of the Boise State playbook.

boomerborn79
10/12/2009, 03:57 PM
Do you guys watch the game.. every run play inside the 10 besides the last drive was a run play to the outside. The only other time was a td that got called back for holding in the first half. Come on, don't just complain just because. I can remember for the last 4 years at this time evey year OUr fans complaining about or run game. Its going to be real good. not there yet but still better than texas. Murry is not what he was at end of last year. We have to run out of different sets, I think we do that this week against texas.

BoulderSooner79
10/12/2009, 04:03 PM
Just score TDs from outside the 20 and don't bother with this redzone nonsense.

soonervegas
10/12/2009, 05:11 PM
If we have a 21-17 lead late in the 4th quarter and Venables and Co. give up ANOTHER game winning 4th quarter drive, I may retire from Soonerfans.com.

The rationalizing the next week would be too much.....

silverwheels
10/12/2009, 05:13 PM
If we get the ball inside the 10, maybe Wilson could try a jump ball to Dejuan. The dude is tall, so just have him run a corner route and tell Sam to throw it high and to the outside, where only he can get it. If it fails we can go back to running right up the middle after standing there looking at the sidelines for 20 seconds.

boomersooner28
10/12/2009, 05:59 PM
Do you guys watch the game.. every run play inside the 10 besides the last drive was a run play to the outside. The only other time was a td that got called back for holding in the first half. Come on, don't just complain just because. I can remember for the last 4 years at this time evey year OUr fans complaining about or run game. Its going to be real good. not there yet but still better than texas. Murry is not what he was at end of last year. We have to run out of different sets, I think we do that this week against texas.

Dude, we had 4 trips inside the 10 yard line against Baylor that resulted in FG's. I don't think we are complaining just because.

And I hope you are right about different sets...thats all I am asking. Mix it up a lil.

PDXsooner
10/12/2009, 06:05 PM
the weird thing is, this is what cost us the 2008 national championship trophy. twice inside the 5 and 1st down, only to come away with ZERO points.

and that was with the best O-line in the country!!!

boomerborn79
10/12/2009, 07:17 PM
Dude, we had 4 trips inside the 10 yard line against Baylor that resulted in FG's. I don't think we are complaining just because.

And I hope you are right about different sets...thats all I am asking. Mix it up a lil.
Im just saying know what your complaining about. I think we can run between the tackles, just not in shotgun with spread offense inside the ten. Time after time inside the ten thats what we ran out of and they were sweeps, safeties that close were not getting in. We will fix it. I think our running game will be the headline story come saturday. Texas Sucks, were the best defense they will see this year. OU = battle tested with nothing to loose. Slow down sissply they got nothing.

VA Sooner
10/12/2009, 09:01 PM
It will be interesting to see what the coaches have in mind to change our dismal performance in the red zone. Agree... would make a difference if we had a tight end who could catch reliably. Rattertree did a good job... hopefully it will be the springboard for future success. We miss Gresham sorely.

zman515
10/13/2009, 09:10 AM
The problem is that we are predictable in the red zone. I am only a fan who has never played organized football and I know what we are going to do. If they are in shotgun, it is a pass. If we are under center, it is a run. It is that easy. I'd be surprised if anyone can come up with five situations in the red zone from the last three years where we passed from under center. Wilson is going to have to switch it up. Run a bootleg or play action or shotgun draw or something. If I can see it, and others on this board have spoken about other teams fans seeing it, you know opposing coaches know whats coming.

oudivesherpa
10/13/2009, 02:52 PM
Most teams that we play have trouble runing from the 1 yard line against us, so what do they do, block down, put the half back in motion, run the QB to the same side of the field, and the QB has the option of runing or throwing a short pass to the motion back.