PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Spider is this?

colleyvillesooner
10/11/2009, 09:44 PM
Found it in my dirty clothes when I went to wash them

sorry pg...

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/254/photo4es.jpg

Curly Bill
10/11/2009, 09:47 PM
Are you a general, or perhaps an admiral?

JohnnyMack
10/11/2009, 09:47 PM
Wolf.

colleyvillesooner
10/11/2009, 09:52 PM
Are you a general, or perhaps an admiral?

heh, no just have a wife who like stars on her tank tops. ;)

colleyvillesooner
10/11/2009, 09:53 PM
Wolf.

and?

GottaHavePride
10/11/2009, 10:06 PM
That is what is formally known as a "Big F***in DIE DIE DIE F***ER"

It has clearly not yet metamorphosed into its adult form, which is typically a slightly twitching paste which smells oddly like bleach.

JohnnyMack
10/11/2009, 10:11 PM
and?

[Axl Rose]YOU GONNA DIEEEE!!!!!!![/Axl Rose]

Tulsa_Fireman
10/11/2009, 10:30 PM
That kind of spider feeds on your sleeping form while you sleep. It is known to lay eggs under the flesh of sleeping humans while they are unawares.

If you've seen one, as they are a very reclusive creature, you can guarantee an infestation.

yermom
10/11/2009, 10:37 PM
Wolf.

that's my first guess as well

found one on my pillow once when i was about to go to bed

i'm cool with spiders and all, but that creeped me right the **** out

CK Sooner
10/11/2009, 10:42 PM
Yes, if it bites you then you will probably need to go to a hospital.

You probably need to spray because I would hate to have one of those bite you on say your back and then you don't notice it until its eating away at your flesh.

colleyvillesooner
10/11/2009, 11:02 PM
Seriously, i have a 8 month old in this house now. It's time to have the bug guy out anyways, but should i be worried there are more and are they dangerous?

yermom
10/11/2009, 11:03 PM
the other question is, why are you wearing your wife's tank tops? :confused:

(wolf spiders are generally harmless)

http://www.hr-rna.com/RNA/Spider%20pages/Wolf%20page%201.htm

colleyvillesooner
10/11/2009, 11:05 PM
the other question is, why are you wearing your wife's tank tops? :confused:

"my" dirty clothes also reads "our" dirty clothes.

What's mine is hers and what's hers is hers ;)

yermom
10/11/2009, 11:11 PM
hey, i'm not judging, whatever makes you feel pretty :)

Tailwind
10/12/2009, 12:09 AM
Fuggin ugly thing isn't it?

OU-HSV
10/12/2009, 12:22 AM
To me it looks like a grass spider...or I always call them wolf spiders. The look wicked, I always see them when I mow/weed eat. Some of them jump a little. But that looks like a small one. That being said, any spider I see becomes a dead one. I hope you smashed that sonuvabitch after you took the pic.

LosAngelesSooner
10/12/2009, 12:51 AM
It's a Wolf Spider. They are harmless.

The only one you need to worry about in OK is the Brown Recluse. Me? I've been dealing with a pretty nasty Black Widow infestation in the Garden Shed/"Servant's Quarters" of my new home. Killed 11 of them so far.

yermom
10/12/2009, 02:38 AM
we have those here too. i don't see them too often though

Turd_Ferguson
10/12/2009, 03:09 AM
It's a Wolf Spider. They are harmless.

The only one you need to worry about in OK is the Brown Recluse. Me? I've been dealing with a pretty nasty Black Widow infestation in the Garden Shed/"Servant's Quarters" of my new home. Killed 11 of them so far.Interesting...my "servant's quarters" have been infested as well. I have ordered the gardener to employ the help of the pool boy and at least one of the butler's to eradicate these pesky critter's. Hopefully, I shan't be seeing any more of them.

LosAngelesSooner
10/12/2009, 03:41 AM
Interesting...my "servant's quarters" have been infested as well. I have ordered the gardener to employ the help of the pool boy and at least one of the butler's to eradicate these pesky critter's. Hopefully, I shan't be seeing any more of them.The reason I put it in quotes, smart ***, is because it is hardly a servant's quarters anymore. The place was built in 1926, Spanish style, and it was standard practice to have a servant's quarters in the back on the side of the separate garage. In the case of mine, the quarters have been turned into a workshop/bat cave for all of my scuba/camping/mountain climbing gear along with a small office. In the back is the gardener's shed.

The whole place has an issue with Black Widows.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/12/2009, 08:51 AM
When I got home from Atlanta thursday, my wife had one of those in a jar asking what it was...Apparently, this spide enjoys laundry rooms, because it was in a pile of dirty clothes as well

Turd_Ferguson
10/12/2009, 08:57 AM
When I got home from Atlanta thursday, my wife had one of those in a jar asking what it was...Apparently, this spide enjoys laundry rooms, because it was in a pile of dirty clothes as wellThey like damp places. There are a few in my gayrage....I leav'm alone. I can handle a few spider's that eat all the other bug's that want to live in there. After they get so big, my 8 year old daughter will take a flip flop and rain a living hell down on them.:D

SoonerJack
10/12/2009, 08:58 AM
They like damp places. There are a few in my gayrage....I leav'm alone. I can handle a few spider's that eat all the other bug's that want to live in there. After they get so big, my 8 year old daughter will take a flip flop and rain a living hell down on them.:D

This made my Monday morning. Thank you.:D

Turd_Ferguson
10/12/2009, 09:02 AM
This made my Monday morning. Thank you.:DIt is funny. If my wife see's a spider, she could out run Jackie Joyner Kersy to get away from it. As long as the little one has a shoe, she holds her ground:D

StoopTroup
10/12/2009, 09:03 AM
I had this really bad pain in my right ear one time and I thought it might be swimmers ear. I had my Wife pour some isopropyl alcohol into my ear and the next thing I know...she's screaming hysterically. Yup...out came the not so itsy bitsy spider...lol

Turd_Ferguson
10/12/2009, 09:07 AM
I had this really bad pain in my right ear one time and I thought it might be swimmers ear. I had my Wife pour some isopropyl alcohol into my ear and the next thing I know...she's screaming hysterically. Yup...out came the not so itsy bitsy spider...lolThat explains the frontal lobotomy.:D

StoopTroup
10/12/2009, 09:11 AM
That explains the frontal lobotomy.:D

Well....it kind of explains why that one isn't my Wife anymore too. :D

Turd_Ferguson
10/12/2009, 09:15 AM
Well....it kind of explains why that one isn't my Wife anymore too. :Dheh. Plus, I like how you had to define it as Isopropyl, and not John Daniels.:D

kbsooner21
10/12/2009, 09:16 AM
I had this really bad pain in my right ear one time and I thought it might be swimmers ear. I had my Wife pour some isopropyl alcohol into my ear and the next thing I know...she's screaming hysterically. Yup...out came the not so itsy bitsy spider...lol

That gives me the creeps :eek:

StoopTroup
10/12/2009, 09:17 AM
Wunder what would happen if ya poured some OVJ in yer ear? :D

Turd_Ferguson
10/12/2009, 09:19 AM
Wunder what would happen if ya poured some OVJ in yer ear? :Dnah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey...

:D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/12/2009, 09:21 AM
Wunder what would happen if ya poured some OVJ in yer ear? :D

I swear I saw you do it Saturday...you didn't know your mouth from your ear and your *** from a hole in the ground

StoopTroup
10/12/2009, 09:26 AM
I swear I saw you do it Saturday...you didn't know your mouth from your ear and your *** from a hole in the ground

I had a great stache going on though. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/12/2009, 09:30 AM
I had a great stache going on though. :D

your autographed landry jones football was allsome

Oldnslo
10/12/2009, 09:33 AM
hmmm. I've always understood that "servant's quarters" means buttsecks.

I'd sure hate for a spider infestation 'round them parts.

StoopTroup
10/12/2009, 09:49 AM
your autographed landry jones football was allsome

It's for sale BTW. :D

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135564

Tulsa_Fireman
10/12/2009, 11:04 AM
http://content6.flixster.com/question/62/54/12/6254120_std.jpg

The whole place has an issue with Black Widows.

You should totally get your mom to sit on the porch with a 12 gauge and run them off with a few blasts.