PDA

View Full Version : Electronics tip for the day:

Frozen Sooner
10/11/2009, 08:28 PM
If you have a really nice pair of Shure headphones, it is not a good idea to leave them in your jeans when you throw the jeans in the wash.

:mad:

OUHOMER
10/11/2009, 09:10 PM
If you have a really nice pair of Shure headphones, it is not a good idea to leave them in your jeans when you throw the jeans in the wash.

Well, duhh, you should have laid them gently in the wash. :cool:

SicEmBaylor
10/11/2009, 09:15 PM
I had a pair of Shure earbuds, and I did the exact same thing. For whatever reason, I go through a LOT of earbuds and headphones. Something always breaks -- the cord usually goes bad where it connects with the jack but other stuff happens like washing them in my pants.

I just don't buy really expensive headphones or earbuds anymore. After my Bose QC2 headphones broke I got a pair of noise canceling Sony's that work just fine.

For earbuds, I'm really big on the cheap in-ear marshmallow earbuds. I'm not an audiophile, so they work great for me.

Really my biggest requirement is that they actually go down into my ear canal.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/11/2009, 09:18 PM
Really my biggest requirement is that they actually go down into my <insert appropriate body part here> canal.

Do I REALLY have to fix this post all by myself?

GottaHavePride
10/11/2009, 10:54 PM

HOW nice? You talking the e2c? Or did you shell out for the e4's?

yermom
10/11/2009, 11:15 PM
if they were that nice, you'd think they make them waterproof :D

Frozen Sooner
10/11/2009, 11:21 PM
HOW nice? You talking the e2c? Or did you shell out for the e4's?

The "Expensive enough that I'm really pissed off right now" model.

bluedogok
10/12/2009, 12:52 PM
Well, duhh, you should have laid them gently in the wash. :cool:
Froz should have used the gentle cycle....

I just don't buy really expensive headphones or earbuds anymore. After my Bose QC2 headphones broke I got a pair of noise canceling Sony's that work just fine.
I have gone through a couple of sets of Etymotic ER4i's, considering that I am pulling a helmet over them most of the time they have been pretty reliable, I replaced the first set after 4 years. I went through enough of the "cheap ones" (around $20.00) to buy the Etymotics (around $80.00).. I now have a few sets, one for the motorcycle and one at the office. I use the foam tips, my ears do not like the silicone tips.

StoopTroup
10/12/2009, 12:55 PM
You need to see a Hearing Aid Doc it you want some plugs that really rock. The pair I got from her...I will never put in my pockets. The worst thing would be losing them maybe or snagging them on something and yanking the electronics out.

soonerboomer93
10/12/2009, 07:34 PM
i got some e4's relatively cheap a couple months ago from the shure site, they're discontinuing the model