PDA

View Full Version : The surprise awaiting the horns...

Soonerus
10/11/2009, 06:47 PM
...Miller, Reynolds and Caleb...also, Murray in the slot...I predict they shine in this game....

Soonerus
10/11/2009, 06:58 PM
That is Dejuan, Jaz, Brandon and DeMarco...good looking receiver corps...

instigator
10/11/2009, 07:05 PM
Now middle names...

JLEW1818
10/11/2009, 07:07 PM
not sure... I'm not a big "story" guy

but

for some reason... i got this feeling that Ryan Reynolds is going to have some big plays.. make a couple Interceptions or forced fumbles/fumble recovery

we all know what happened last year

but the list that u gave... i think this guy will be 07 type

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/sports/watch/v1283225EykWCrPF

IronHorseSooner
10/11/2009, 07:07 PM
If that's the case, what would be even scarier is that all of those could be back next year! I swear that Miller could end up being a monster while he's here. There aren't many NFL WRs who are as big and fast as him. What that could set up is that in the future, we could see Miller used a bit like Buckner is used for *. In 2010, imagine a WR & TE combo of Broyles, Caleb, Reynolds, and Miller with DM @ RB.

oksoonerdave
10/11/2009, 07:25 PM
Lets hope also that Trent Ratterree will step up to the plate. We need TE involvement.

swardboy
10/11/2009, 07:29 PM
Lets hope also that Trent Ratterree will step up to the plate. We need TE involvement.

Good to see him make a catch yesterday...of course, he also had a drop.

unbiasedtruth
10/11/2009, 07:31 PM
I see gerald mccoy dropping back into zone pass coverge to help cover the middle of the field and making a couple of picks.... maybe even a pick 6

JLEW1818
10/11/2009, 07:33 PM
the team that rushes for more yards wins this game

every time in like the last 10 years

OUbasketball4life
10/11/2009, 07:39 PM
I look for Kenney to have a good week in practice this week and have a solid game after his drops

CK Sooner
10/11/2009, 07:46 PM
Hopefully Matt Clapps hand is healed by Texas. It affected his blocking and catching because he had it all wrapped up.

BermudaSooner
10/11/2009, 08:17 PM
We will throw out of that "option play that isn't really an option" that we ran to D Murray. Sam will pull back after faking the pitch and hit a TE for a big gain, opening up the pitch to Murray for the rest of the game.

Sooner04
10/11/2009, 08:20 PM
But can any of them catch?

Soonerus
10/11/2009, 08:21 PM
But can any of them catch?

I think so...

tulsaoilerfan
10/11/2009, 08:24 PM
Stop it rus, please :)

Eielson
10/11/2009, 08:24 PM
...Miller, Reynolds and Caleb...also, Murray in the slot...I predict they shine in this game....

We're screwed now...

:(

The Maestro
10/11/2009, 09:13 PM
I think the improvement from game one for them with Sam to game two will be drastic. Having said that...can we please QUIT throwing to Matt Clapp...EVER...but especially on third down?!?! We have better places to throw the ball.

Also, Ryan Reynolds is who scares me most. He doesn't move side to side too well and that is where Texas is going to have to beat us...throwing short crossing routes all day long. They can't run and won't waste time trying to throw deep and give our pass rushers a chance to make a difference. Three step quick passes...and a lot of pressure on Reynolds...who looked slow moving side to side yesterday.

First team to 30 wins.

sooner59
10/11/2009, 11:26 PM
the team that rushes for more yards wins this game

every time in like the last 10 years

I put my money on us, then. Even with our o-line.....have you SEEN the whorn running game?

Colorado has the #111th ranked run defense and held them to 46 yards. :eek:

JLEW1818
10/11/2009, 11:31 PM
I think OUr Dline will be ready.

we need 4 TD's to win

Don't blitz the LBs much.

soonerboy
10/12/2009, 12:10 AM
I see blake griffin quitting the NBA and somehow getting back in the NCAA and playing TE for us. Wishful thinking I know :(

sooner59
10/12/2009, 01:09 AM
Since Taylor made the Suns team, its a good thing that rumor of him trying out for TE was false, huh?

KantoSooner
10/12/2009, 09:50 AM
Jermie Calhoun. The only question being: Whose helmet will he knock off?

Dan Thompson
10/12/2009, 11:30 AM
Cover Shipley. Don't kick to him.

Is it legal to 'stop' the receiver at the line?

Gresho Murford
10/12/2009, 11:37 AM

if it is within 5 yards and you don't hold yeah. I hope we see some of this. If our Dline can put pressure on McCoy and we jam shipley, it might stop those slants across the middle

bluedogok
10/12/2009, 11:43 AM
I think the improvement from game one for them with Sam to game two will be drastic. Having said that...can we please QUIT throwing to Matt Clapp...EVER...but especially on third down?!?! We have better places to throw the ball.
As long as he has that soft cast on his hand they need to quit trying to throw it to him.

IronHorseSooner
10/12/2009, 11:46 AM
As long as he has that soft cast on his hand they need to quit trying to throw it to him.

That shocked the heck out of me last SAT. Why would you throw to a pass to a guy basically wearing an oven mitt down, especially in a goal-to-go situation?

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/12/2009, 11:55 AM
Totally agree that the team who runs the ball better, wins this game. The fact that Whitaker and Newton are injured and quite possibly out for the game make the saxet run game even more depleted. Expect an oldschool, ground and pound, slugfest with this game being won in the trenches.

IronHorseSooner
10/12/2009, 12:07 PM
I thought that another one of their RBs got dinged up in the CU game...

To me, on D (and specials), it comes down to stopping Shipley. He's their MVP, not Pony Boy, and not Crash.

On O, it comes down to catching the ball. Muschamp is going to dial up every blitz known to man, and we have to make them pay.

Don't get frustrated when KW calls some draw plays and short passes to slow down their blitzing, because those are more ways to slow down the blitz. Once * discovers that they can't blitz all of the time, then that's when we make them pay on the ground with DM, CB, J. Miller, and Calhoun. Also, look for a mix of backs, with maybe even Madu back there.

SoonerLaw09
10/12/2009, 12:20 PM
Agree that stopping Shipley is the key. Also, I think we have to force pony boy into at least 2 INTs. Don't think we can win this one with ground and pound, because our OL's weakness is run blocking.

This will end up being a defensive game a la 14-3 or 12-0.

VA Sooner
10/12/2009, 03:04 PM
It's McGee and Newton that are injured from last Saturday's Texas-Colorado game. Leaving just Whittaker (and McCoy?) as rushing threat(s).

Colorado's team is crap this year and they were able to stop the Horn's run-game... in Austin!

This rivalry game is actually a lot closer matched than people realize. Defense will battle it out.... it will be a good one!

TexasLidig8r
10/12/2009, 03:06 PM
Hopefully Matt Clapps hand is healed by Texas. It affected his holding because he had it all wrapped up.

Had to fix that

TexasLidig8r
10/12/2009, 03:08 PM
I thought that another one of their RBs got dinged up in the CU game...

To me, on D (and specials), it comes down to stopping Shipley. He's their MVP, not Pony Boy, and not Crash.

On O, it comes down to catching the ball. Muschamp is going to dial up every blitz known to man, and we have to make them pay.

Don't get frustrated when KW calls some draw plays and short passes to slow down their blitzing, because those are more ways to slow down the blitz. Once * discovers that they can't blitz all of the time, then that's when we make them pay on the ground with DM, CB, J. Miller, and Calhoun. Also, look for a mix of backs, with maybe even Madu back there.

We wont need to blitz to skewer that offensive line of yours.

Also, none of the Ou wide receivers put the fear of God into anyone. We can play press coverage on the Ou wide outs or roll a zone to the weak side of the field while using delayed blitzes.

The Muffaloes had 42 net rushing yards for the game and after the first drive.. had... 61 yards TOTAL for the rest of the game.

boomerborn79
10/12/2009, 03:24 PM
*****The Muffaloes had 42 net rushing yards for the game and after the first drive.. had... 61 yards TOTAL for the rest of the game.*****

OUr run defense is better than yours!!!!!!! I can't wait to OU spoils your season again. BIG Twelve champs...Big Twelve champs...Ect....ect...ect...ect

MamaMia
10/12/2009, 03:30 PM
...Miller, Reynolds and Caleb...also, Murray in the slot...I predict they shine in this game.... Remind me not to ever tell you a secret.

OK2LA
10/12/2009, 03:36 PM
Hopefully Matt Clapps hand is healed by Texas. It affected his blocking and catching because he had it all wrapped up.

I was thinking the same thing. I have no idea why they would throw to him in the first place, but in that situation where he is in the flat, and running away from Sam, that is a very difficult pass to catch for anyone, let alone someone with a bandaged hand.

I Am Right
10/12/2009, 04:29 PM
After coach Stoops post press conference where he mentioned that Coach Briles of Baylor, ran an offense that the defense had never seen before, that is why Baylor did so well in the first half; why don't we try something like that against Tx?

Gresho Murford
10/12/2009, 04:34 PM
After coach Stoops post press conference where he mentioned that Coach Briles of Baylor, ran an offense that the defense had never seen before, that is why Baylor did so well in the first half; why don't we try something like that against Tx?

Does this mean that we made adjustments? Certainly not!

I Am Right
10/12/2009, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=Dan Thompson;2733349]Cover Shipley. Don't kick to him.

Is it legal to 'stop' the receiver at the line?[/QUOTE

I Am Right
10/12/2009, 04:46 PM

good call, and no you can hit the receiver within 5 yrs.

I Am Right
10/12/2009, 04:48 PM
Does this mean that we made adjustments? Certainly not!

yes we made the adjustment in the 2nd half, however.

BoomerJ
10/12/2009, 09:03 PM
Jameel Owens has a coming out party.

Seriously, I hope it's Bradford to Broyles.

tulsaoilerfan
10/12/2009, 10:20 PM
I hope the surprise is a scheme that actually covers the middle this year

Curly Bill
10/12/2009, 10:21 PM
I hope the surprise is a scheme that actually covers the middle this year

It'd sure as hell be a surprise. :O

tulsaoilerfan
10/12/2009, 10:28 PM
Maybe Gresham will suit up and play :)