PDA

View Full Version : SAIP - Good Tulsa World Article

westcoast_sooner
10/11/2009, 04:25 PM
I read the article - great points about maturity and the parallels between this year's offense and the 2005 team.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20091010_92_B1_NORMAN701340

goingoneight
10/11/2009, 04:38 PM
Naturally, the first Sooner "fan" took "inexperienced players" and "sense of entitlement" and immediately assumed we needed to go fire proven coaches and hire guys we don't stand a chance of getting, much less keeping if we did get them.

Oh, yeah... let's get Charlie Strong away from freakin' FLORIDA. FLORIDA! Psst... not too long ago, his team lost five games, too.

Gus Malzahn? Do we really want to dumb down our offense with high school direct snaps and poor quarterback fundamentals just to see him leave for a HC job in a year?

sooner59
10/11/2009, 05:46 PM
I don't want Venables or Wilson fired, I just want them to wake up sometimes.

A-M
10/11/2009, 06:04 PM
I don't want Venables or Wilson fired, I just want them to wake up sometimes.

Yea, this would help!:D

oksoonerdave
10/11/2009, 06:50 PM
The offense showed much improvement with almost 600 yds total. The receivers are starting to step up even though dropping a few catchable passes. The defense held Baylor to just 7 yds rushing and one TD but still gave up about 260 yds in the air.

Baylor ranked about 9th in the Big XII stats.

Baylor's Team Stats
Total Offense Total Defense Points Scored Points Allowed
Per game 368.2 yds 381.8 yds 30.4 pts 22.4 pts
NCAA 64th 78th 41st 45th
BIG12 10th 9th 9th 7th

The team is improving folks.......

Now compare this to the whorns game. Colorado ranked at the bottom or next to the bottom of the big XII in all stats.

Buffaloes Team Stats
Total Offense Total Defense Points Scored Points Allowed
Per game 309.4 yds 389.6 yds 23.4 pts 30 pts
NCAA 104th 85th 85th 96th
BIG12 12th 11th 11th 12th

This offense and defense led the whorns for the first half of the game. If it wasn't for bad decision making by Colorado's QB, it may have been a different outcome.

Somehow I have a good feeling for next saturday.

stoopified
10/11/2009, 07:05 PM
Last year KW directed an offense that had proven WRs,TE,QB,O-line and they stayed healthy.Result the offense set an NCAA season record for scoringin a season in which OU was 5-2 vs. Top 20 teams.This year with an injured Heisman QB issing 3 1/2 games,the loss of an All-American TE and the only experienced WR , add in a struggling rebuilt line and is it any surprise the offense is struggling?Coaching is NOT the problem.

Last year the D struggled because we were thin and inexperienced at LB,this year the D has been solid(at the very least)and OU has not sufferred crippling injuries.Coincicedence?I don't think so.Funny how much better coaches are when the key players are healthy.