PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Defense so far today

tulsaoilerfan
10/11/2009, 03:19 PM
How did they play today? They only gave up 13 points thru 58 minutes, yet they allowed the Chiefs/Texans to drive for the tying score when the game was on the line; pretty pathetic i would say

nighttrain12
10/11/2009, 03:22 PM
How did they play today? They only gave up 13 points thru 58 minutes, yet they allowed the Chiefs/Texans to drive for the tying score when the game was on the line; pretty pathetic i would say

This happens all the time in football, team plays great defense most of the game and then plays too much 'not to make a mistake' and gives up a late drive for a score. Now Dallas has lost the OT coin toss. It should be like college for O.T.

Desert Sapper
10/11/2009, 03:41 PM
But Dallas stuffed KC at the 50 yard line in OT, then the offense took over and Myles Austin CAUGHT a TD pass and ran it in. Austin dropped a few sure TDs, but caught two. He reminds me very much of our WRs.

Right now, our D is far from our weakness, very much like Dallas.

goingoneight
10/11/2009, 03:46 PM
Sam Bradford isn't the risk-taker at his level that Tony Romo is. You have to take the good with the bad. Romo divides Dallas for the same reasons Bomar divided the Sooner Nation. He makes a couple of good plays and then goes out and tries to be Superman, usually taking him down a few notches. Some of the best players in the game are this way. It just is a much higher risk at QB than it is at WR, RB, etc. Like King said, one of three things happen when you throw the ball.

Desert Sapper
10/11/2009, 03:53 PM
I think it is hilarious that the King said that about the forward pass.

We put the ball on the carpet with the bone about as much as we turn the ball over with the pass these days. The best thing we had going for us with a run based O was that we controlled the clock and kept the D off the field. Nowadays, the D is on the field half or more of the game. That was what used to happen to the other team.

tulsaoilerfan
10/11/2009, 05:23 PM
But Dallas stuffed KC at the 50 yard line in OT, then the offense took over and Myles Austin CAUGHT a TD pass and ran it in. Austin dropped a few sure TDs, but caught two. He reminds me very much of our WRs.

Right now, our D is far from our weakness, very much like Dallas.

They did good in OT, but it should have never gotten there

Curly Bill
10/11/2009, 05:34 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan, but part of me wanted them to lose so I could hope to hear tomorrow that Wade had been fired.

Sometimes you have to get worse before you can really get better.

tulsaoilerfan
10/11/2009, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure Dallas will ever get better until Jerry hires a football man to run this team

Curly Bill
10/11/2009, 08:31 PM
I'm not sure Dallas will ever get better until Jerry hires a football man to run this team

Yup.