PDA

View Full Version : Hate to say it but OU is going to get smoked by Texas

batonrougesooner
10/11/2009, 09:51 AM
This team is a fragile shell of it's former self as we all know.

Sam is great but he can't do it alone.

Hope I'm wrong but I know I'm not.

I'll still manage to have a good time in Dallas.

TMcGee86
10/11/2009, 09:53 AM
I was positive this was going to be the case after the baylor game. then I watched the Texas game.

Now, I think it's anyone's ballgame.

TXBOOMER
10/11/2009, 09:55 AM
I have a lot more hope than I did last week. texass didn't look unbeatable last night.

IronHorseSooner
I was positive this was going to be the case after the baylor game. then I watched the Texas game.

Right here^^^

* is a paper tiger. Right now, Nebbish might be playing the best ball in the conference, and they escaped Mizzou. They darn near had VT out, which if anyone has been paying attention, is quite an accomplishment.

This game is never a gimme.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/11/2009, 09:56 AM
I tend to agree with you.

fadada1
10/11/2009, 09:57 AM
see 1996.

batonrougesooner
10/11/2009, 09:59 AM
The thing with the Texas game last night is that they proved they could "bring it" when they needed to. They stepped up in close game. Haven't seen that from OU this year. No, I don't count four field goals in the red zone as stepping up.

I'll still be there pulling for the team but this year, I not only see a loss but likely a beat down.

OKLA21FAN
10/11/2009, 10:14 AM
The thing with the Texas game last night is that they proved they could "bring it" when they needed to. They stepped up in close game. Haven't seen that from OU this year. No, I don't count four field goals in the red zone as stepping up.

I'll still be there pulling for the team but this year, I not only see a loss but likely a beat down.
http://www.cinemaretro.com/uploads/kellyoddball.jpg

FaninAma
10/11/2009, 10:15 AM

Did you watch the Texas game? It wasn't so
much a case of Texas "bringing it" as it was a
horrible buff team imploding.

Texas' offense looks very average. They have no
running game and their best rb got hurt last nite.
They have a short passing game.....that's it. They
are the poor man's version of Texas Tech with a
better defense.

wishbonesooner
10/11/2009, 10:16 AM
I think we can do it, but the horns will have to help us. A couple turnovers, maybe a defensive TD, McCoy being struck by lightining, something will have to go our way to pull it off.

Partial Qualifier
10/11/2009, 10:22 AM

+4.

Defensive struggle but OU's a matchup problem for Texas's offense. Even though Shipley's no longer lining up in the slot, they'll try to find a way to get him open in the middle but I think that'll have to predicate any offensive success they have.

OU on the other hand just has to get the receivers in synch w/Sam.

Partial Qualifier
10/11/2009, 10:25 AM
And Texas' has played a bunch of patsies. If they were lighting these guys up 55-3 by the 4th qrtr, I wouldn't be as optimistic

TheUnnamedSooner
10/11/2009, 10:26 AM
They have a short passing game.....that's it.

Unfotunately, that's all they need.

rainiersooner
10/11/2009, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I think its a case of two teams who were overrated in preseason. The only difference is that Texas' OOC was weak; our OOC was strong and we lost our best players. This is a toss-up.

batonrougesooner
10/11/2009, 10:28 AM
I wish you guys would quit giving me reasons for hope. I can't stand another cruel disappointment.

StoopTroup
10/11/2009, 10:40 AM
I wish you guys would quit giving me reasons for hope. I can't stand another cruel disappointment.

Well....you can always get back on the bandwagon whenever you want. You don't have to keep velcroing yourself to the Schooner every week. I can PM you when it's safe to start watching again. :D

StoopTroup
10/11/2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I think its a case of 25 teams who were overrated in preseason.

Fixed.

There aren't any teams IMO that are worthy hanging a NC this year. Somebody has to win of course...but there just isn't anyone out there that can claim they are on track to win it all IMO.

IronHorseSooner
10/11/2009, 10:51 AM
Fixed.

There aren't any teams IMO that are worthy hanging a NC this year. Somebody has to win of course...but there just isn't anyone out there that can claim they are on track to win it all IMO.

'Bama is about the best that I have seen, so far. I am convinced that this team gets offended if even you get to midfield on them, yet alone in the end zone. Heck even teams like Iowa can look good against good competition (Iowa and PSU), but look bad against teams that they should overmatch (Arkansas State and Northern Iowa).

tulsaoilerfan
10/11/2009, 10:52 AM
I have a lot more hope than I did last week. texass didn't look unbeatable last night.

Nope, they looked really ordinary to me; if the Buffs had a QB worth a damn, that game was there for the taking; the key to the game is we HAVE to shut down Shipley and make someone else beat us; the guy's a great player

tulsaoilerfan
10/11/2009, 10:54 AM
Fixed.

I'm afraid it's going to come down to Florida or Bama in the NC game, with probably USC going against them; i just don't see the Trojans losing again and those 2 SEC schools are probably the best 2 teams in the country at this moment; still a long way to go though

Curly Bill
10/11/2009, 10:56 AM
I don't think this game is a toss up, in fact I think Tejas is a substantial favorite, but with Sam back and with Tejas not exactly being world beaters I think we have a chance.

edjayhawk
10/11/2009, 11:00 AM
Great, that's all we need. A pissed off OU team with loads of talent coming to Lawrence. We gave up 512 yards to I-State so you should put up 600 or 700 yards..

Dio
10/11/2009, 11:15 AM
I thought soonerboyodanorth was supposed to start this thread?

Half a Hundred
10/11/2009, 11:17 AM
I just really wish I had some confidence in the ability of our coaches to creatively adapt in the face of adverse circumstances.

OU's big problem is that the current coaches (i.e. coordinators) just never seem to be able to adjust on the fly. When things are humming, we look great. When there are kinks in the process, we look like Pop Warner ball.

StoopTroup
10/11/2009, 11:17 AM
I thought soonerboyodanorth was supposed to start this thread?

He did a sleep over at nic zeplins house and nic is grounded from using the computerd right now.

deweyk
10/11/2009, 11:24 AM
Key to the game = stopping shipley/T.E./receivers over the middle. We stink at it and Mack knows it.

dewey:hot:

adoniijahsooner
10/11/2009, 11:25 AM
This is college football, and these young men are bound to be inconsisent. That is why score comparisons, and saying a team will get killed is foolish speculation. If I were to compare common scores this year, i am sure my head would explode, e.g. take Texas, Texas Tech, Utep, OKie lite, Kansas, and Houston. Tech loses to houston who loses to utep, who loses to Kansas and Texas; so does that mean that Utep could beat OSU or Tech? Take BYU and FSU, do any of us believe that FSU would score 50 points against us, just because they did against BYU?

Texas has flaws, we have flaws, and I am so ready for this game.

MyT Oklahoma
10/11/2009, 11:39 AM
This is college football, and these young men are bound to be inconsisent. That is why score comparisons, and saying a team will get killed is foolish speculation. If I were to compare common scores this year, i am sure my head would explode, e.g. take Texas, Texas Tech, Utep, OKie lite, Kansas, and Houston. Tech loses to houston who loses to utep, who loses to Kansas and Texas; so does that mean that Utep could beat OSU or Tech? Take BYU and FSU, do any of us believe that FSU would score 50 points against us, just because they did against BYU?

Texas has flaws, we have flaws, and I am so ready for this game.

Yep. Me too. I always expect to beat these guys.

soonervegas
10/11/2009, 12:24 PM
A beatdown by Texas would be the easy way out. The truth will be much more painful. Look for ou to have hope and or the lead for a large portion of the game and look for colt to take it away sometime in the late 4th quarter.

StoopTroup
10/11/2009, 12:31 PM
Anyone who can't stand to go to the RRSO...PM me I'm accepting all offers of free tickets still. I promise to put a Real Sooner Fan in every seat.

SunnySooner
10/11/2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the insight, Sister Mary Sunshine. Gee, we're the underdog in this one? Who knew? We all know it will be a tough game, and we'll have to play our best to win. We can still look forward to the game, and have fun with the rivalry. Don't be such a buzzkill.

engineer24
10/11/2009, 01:46 PM
I concur with this thread. I expect Texas to open up as 10 point favorites tomorrow when the first line comes out in Vegas.

Who cares if Texas doesnt have their RBs for the game. They wont need them. Texas will slide Shipley over to the slot or just keep Dan Buckner there and he will throw over Reynolds head ALL DAY LONG!

OU's DL is good, but its also overrated. McCoy hasnt had his name called since the Tulsa game and the rest of the guys are mostly no-shows as well. We can get some pressure by blitzing, but its a myth that our "all world" DL is able to wreak havoc with a simple 4 man rush.

The linebackers are mediocre at best. Even though they are supposed to be excellent run stuffers, thats true ONLY if straight ahead ISO dives. Any misdirection or cutbacks and these guys are lost. I watched the Miami game a couple of times and watched Reynolds over-committ and run to the wrong gap over and over and over again. He was lost in that game, and its the main reason why Javaris James, previously a mediocre at best RB, was able to put up 150 yards on OU. Great MLBs watch the play develop and run to the right hole AT THE RIGHT TIME. OU's MLBs dont do that. They guess wrong consistently on misdirections/counters.

OU's secondary is actually fairly decent. Brian Jackson has played well. Whats killing OU in the passing defense is the LBs cant cover jack **** and our guys dont know how to play zone defense in the middle of the field. Reynolds cant cover jack, yet we continue putting him out there on passing downs, watching him get burnt to a crisp over and over again.

As for OU's offense, I predict pain, big pain. You think it was bad against Baylor, watch OU's receivers drop at least 10 balls in the Texas game. Texas has a secondary that while not elite in pass coverage, will knock the snot out of receivers. Watch OU's WRs start hearing footsteps and get alligator arms. After awhile, the Texas secondary wont even have to hit them anymore to get them to drop balls. These guys are choke artists and scrubs, apart from Broyles (who I would bet $1000 wont be back for the Texas game).

Texas DL is going to have a field day against OU's OL. Watch Sergio Kindle on the right side of the DL blow past any scrub we put out there at right tackle. He will get owned all day long. Landry Jones can actually move around a little back there, but Sam is an absolute statue. That being said, Sams accuracy >> Jones so overall Sam is the right person to play in that game.

Prediction:
Texas 31
OU 14

setem
10/11/2009, 02:02 PM
A win for OU next week is a def reality! That is not just sunshine pumping either. Texas looked terrible for 3 quarters last night. Play like that against OU and we will win. If we stop with the drops and limit the blow coverages this will be a game for OU to lose.

This is make or break for KW if you ask me! He can win or lose this game for us.

goingoneight
10/11/2009, 02:17 PM
Possible answer for Texas's offense:

Beal, Taylor, McCoy, English
Washington Alexander

Clayton Lewis

FIVE FARKIN' DBs!!!

goingoneight
10/11/2009, 02:18 PM
A win for OU next week is a def reality! That is not just sunshine pumping either. Texas looked terrible for 3 quarters last night. Play like that against OU and we will win. If we stop with the drops and limit the blow coverages this will be a game for OU to lose.

This is make or break for KW if you ask me! He can win or lose this game for us.

So are we going to blame Kevin Wilson for -70 yards in penalties and -100 yards and a couple of scores in drops?

FaninAma
10/11/2009, 02:26 PM
So are we going to blame Kevin Wilson for -70 yards in penalties and -100 yards and a couple of scores in drops?

I'd take 70 yards in penalties right now.
I suspect the big 12 officials will be reigning
laundry down on OU......especially in the
first half.

sooner59
10/11/2009, 02:26 PM

Sure...why not.

stoopified
10/11/2009, 02:28 PM
Ut is good enough to beat us,I'll agree and they should be favored considering our key injury losses but smoke us?I don't know what your definition of smoke is but to me that is winning by 20+ points and that ain't gonna happen .In the U we have already played a UT level team,they have not played anyone yet beyond a TT team that MIGHT be on a level with BYU.Burnt Orange Cows are going DOWN.

okiewaker
10/11/2009, 02:35 PM
I'm not ready to crown them yet. UT is good but I think we have a good chance to beat them.

Half a Hundred
10/11/2009, 02:42 PM
Sure...why not.

Yeah, that's called preparation - which is the coach's job, isn't it?

DallasSooner87
10/11/2009, 03:19 PM
Anyone who can't stand to go to the RRSO...PM me I'm accepting all offers of free tickets still. I promise to put a Real Sooner Fan in every seat.

Poor college student seeking RRSO ticket. I would be more than happy to join in ST's effort.:D

Seriously, we have a pretty good shot on Saturday. Colt is not reading zones well and rushing passes. I sound like an echo but if we can limit Shipley we will win.

tulsaoilerfan
10/11/2009, 03:24 PM

He's the one that coaches them isn't he? Find some people that can get the damn job done

josh09
10/11/2009, 03:30 PM
see 1996.

This.

Desert Sapper
10/11/2009, 03:33 PM
Mistakes by Colorado and the undefinable quality of super-Shipley are what won the game for the horns last week. They aren't out of control great. They have talent across the board, their D is good, and Shipley is amazing. I do see them taking advantage of the slant across the middle again. Without a doubt, we will need to do something to stop them.

If Colorado could hold them to under 50 yards rushing, we can too.

But Colorado gave up a TD on a blocked punt, a 92 yard INT return for a TD, and a punt return for a TD (Shipley). Shipley also gained 147 yards on 11 receptions and a TD.

You can read what you want from the numbers. The bottom line is we are playing a team on Saturday that is beatable if we play well.

Frankly, I am getting sick of this:
http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/original/Debbie_Downer.jpg

goingoneight
10/11/2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah, that's called preparation - which is the coach's job, isn't it?

Then fire Nick Saban for not having Alabama "prepared" against UF and Utah. He must not be worth his salt, either... what's his rank/record this year again? Pa-the-tic. When you hear "on two" and you keep going "on one..." it's not the coach's fault you're a retard.

UteSooner
10/11/2009, 04:14 PM
The defense will slow them down enough. The problem is scoring TDs in the red zone--not FGs. We can't do it against Baylor at home. Don't be upset if we can't do it against Texas. And if we can't--we lose easy.

I hope the o-line can open up running lanes and pass protect. I hope our WRs can catch the freaking ball when it hits them in the hands. I'm not optimistic based on recent trends...

SoonerLaw09
10/11/2009, 04:18 PM
I'm not ready to crown them yet. UT is good but I think we have a good chance to beat them.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0084/4183/dennis_green_feature.jpg

I'm not ready to crown their ***!!!!!

goingoneight
10/11/2009, 04:18 PM
It looks like we might as well be prepared for fire Stoops threads galore.

Soonerjesse27
10/11/2009, 04:40 PM
they are who we think they are........crown if you want too .. but there are who we think they are ..overrated

OU 27
Texas 20

setem
10/11/2009, 04:58 PM
If you go off of what we have seen from both teams all year then there is no reason to say that the whorns will run us out of Dalles. I know we are not that great of a team but for the most part(not all the time)our D is solid. They will keep us in the game if they play like we know they can and if the O has a decent day we would be holding that Golden Hat in the end.

Limit the mistakes on D and let the offense work and we should be okay!

SoonerBacker
10/11/2009, 05:04 PM
Why don't all of you naysayers just sell your tickets to some fans who are willing to SUPPORT this team instead of always going to the games and doin nothin but bitchin!

If you are such awesome coaches, apply for the job. If you are better than the players we have and still have some eligibility, go enroll and walk on so that you can beat them out of their starting jobs.

If you are a FAN? Just go to the game, yell as loud as you can (in SUPPORT of the team), and be PROUD that you are a SOONER!

I couldn't believe that I was actually hearing some folks booing the Sooners during the Baylor game yesterday. Must have been some of the folks who get off on posting nothing but "fire the coaches" threads around here.

And anyone who thinks there is abosolutely no chance of Oklahoma beating saxet next week knows nothing about this particular rivalry. Throw the records out the window when it comes to this game. Previous stats mean nothing. Either team has a chance of winning. The Whorns have shown that they are vulnerable. So have we. Let's just go to the game and do OUR part to support OUr team.

batonrougesooner
10/11/2009, 05:07 PM
Who in this thread has called for the firing of the coaches?

Since when does facing the reality that OU is going to get beat bad this weekend make you a bad fan?

Take of the crimson glasses and come back to reality.

Again, I hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid I'm not.

adoniijahsooner
10/11/2009, 05:07 PM
We are a proverbial light bulb away from being a very good team. You don't have nearly 600 yards with a horrible offense and you dont hold a team to 250yards of total offense and be considered a bad defense. Sam coming back helps with stability and direction, no more questions being asked about who is the qb.

Curly Bill
10/11/2009, 05:11 PM
Why don't all of you naysayers just sell your tickets to some fans who are willing to SUPPORT this team instead of always going to the games and doin nothin but bitchin!

If you are such awesome coaches, apply for the job. If you are better than the players we have and still have some eligibility, go enroll and walk on so that you can beat them out of their starting jobs.

If you are a FAN? Just go to the game, yell as loud as you can (in SUPPORT of the team), and be PROUD that you are a SOONER!

I couldn't believe that I was actually hearing some folks booing the Sooners during the Baylor game yesterday. Must have been some of the folks who get off on posting nothing but "fire the coaches" threads around here.

And anyone who thinks there is abosolutely no chance of Oklahoma beating saxet next week knows nothing about this particular rivalry. Throw the records out the window when it comes to this game. Previous stats mean nothing. Either team has a chance of winning. The Whorns have shown that they are vulnerable. So have we. Let's just go to the game and do OUR part to support OUr team.

Being a fan does not mean you have to be blind, or that you have to behave in a way that you sunshine pumpers believe in. One can be a fan and not be blind to the truth. You be a fan the way you want, and let others do the same. In other words: mind your own ****ing business!

Soonerus
10/11/2009, 05:12 PM
OU wins by 10+...

DeadSolidPerfect
10/11/2009, 05:13 PM
We haven't seen the "real" Texas yet. They've thrown a vanilla offense out there in the first 5 games. We'll see the business end of Texas Saturday and it will most likely be ugly. If we were healthy this would be a classic. Now, not so much.

Curly Bill
10/11/2009, 05:14 PM
OU wins by 10+...

Speaking of sunshine pumpers...

...what's up Rus? :D

westbrooke
10/11/2009, 05:16 PM
We have a tough game ahead of us, no doubt... but I just watched the 1996 on ESPN Classic. If John Blake can pull out a win against the odds, then this team sure as hell can, too. I'll be in Dallas. I'll be loud. And I'm going to love every second of it. OU 28 UT 20.

engineer24
10/11/2009, 05:17 PM
I will tell you this. I dont bet on football very often, but when I do, I bet against OU. I bet against OU in the Florida game last year and won almost $5,000. I bet against OU in the Miami game this year and won about $1,000. I bet against OU in the Texas game last year, and I won about $500. Those are the only games I have bet on so far, so I'm not claiming to be some expert gambler or anything, but based on what I see this year I'm betting heavily against OU. I dont bet spreads, only moneylines which will make it difficult this year because Texas will probably be listed at -10 and most books will not offer any moneyline bets on such a heavy favorite. However, if any book is stupid enough to open that up for a moneyline bet, then I am all over Texas.

I'd be happy to lose my money on that bet, but I just dont see it happening. OU has not shown they can play in a tough 4th quarter matchup against teams with equal talent. OU hasnt shown that they can get their LBs to cover anything over the middle yet.

The OL is an absolute disaster. Yeah they only got called for 5 penalties in the OU game instead of 50 in the other games we lost this year, but I expect to see a return back to massive penalties against Texas. I'm putting the over/under at 6 holding penalties and another 3-4 false starts on this pathetic line.

I think Bradford will play valiantly but his OL and WRs are going to screw him over. I just hope he can finish the game without re-injuring his shoulder.

If OU wins this game, I'll be absolutely shocked. Texas can turn it on when they want in the big games, and Colt McCoy is a great leader. Texas has a good defense with a good/fiery defensive coordinator in the Mike Stoops mold. More than anything else though, as sad as this is, Texas has more heart in the 4th quarter to win close/competitive games. OU is soft, not physically, but mentally. OU is now the Texas teams of the early 2000s.

Curly Bill
10/11/2009, 05:17 PM

A FAN, or a cheerleader?

You know one can be a fan without being a cheerleader, and vice versa.

StoopTroup
10/11/2009, 05:18 PM
Poor college student seeking RRSO ticket. I would be more than happy to join in ST's effort.:D

Seriously, we have a pretty good shot on Saturday. Colt is not reading zones well and rushing passes. I sound like an echo but if we can limit Shipley we will win.

Let me know if you get two. I'll come by and pick ya up Friday Night/Saturday Morning. I'll let ya drive my car while I start drinking. :D

Curly Bill
10/11/2009, 05:19 PM
Let me know if you get two. I'll come by and pick ya up Friday Night/Saturday Morning. I'll let ya drive my car while I start drinking. :D

Sounds like someone is looking for a date. ;)

NTTAWWT :D

StoopTroup
10/11/2009, 05:23 PM
Sounds like someone is looking for a date. ;)

NTTAWWT :D

Always. Notice that I didn't even ask if DS87 was male or female either. You though...you ASSumed that she was male.

Curly Bill
10/11/2009, 05:25 PM
Always. Notice that I didn't even ask if DS87 was male or female either. You though...you ASSumed that she was male.

Switch hitter huh? Sometimes I guess it does pay to be versatile. :P

Johnny Utah
10/11/2009, 05:46 PM

Or able to make "adjustments" during the game ;) .

GKeeper316
10/11/2009, 06:27 PM
lets all hope jordan shipley gets swine flu this week.

DallasSooner87
10/11/2009, 06:30 PM
FWIW

Male with GF. But not above a man-date if I get a free ticket out of it.:D

I Am Right
10/11/2009, 06:55 PM

It will be crazy at the Cottonbowl, but I am afraid we will lose. Either way Texas still sucks!

Half a Hundred
10/11/2009, 06:56 PM
Then fire Nick Saban for not having Alabama "prepared" against UF and Utah. He must not be worth his salt, either... what's his rank/record this year again? Pa-the-tic. When you hear "on two" and you keep going "on one..." it's not the coach's fault you're a retard.

Really? So you'll deny that preparation is a coach's job, just because a head coach (who isn't supposed to be coaching lines on count discipline) has been successful elsewhere? Incredible.

I don't want Stoops gone - that would be a huge blow for the program. However, like I mentioned earlier, I would love to see some coordinators that don't close up shop as soon as things aren't going their way, and only make adjustments at the half. I would also like a relatively penalty-free game, and not one that looks sloppy and costs us yards.

What ever happened to "the buck stops here"?

SoonerBacker
10/11/2009, 07:03 PM
Who in this thread has called for the firing of the coaches?

Since when does facing the reality that OU is going to get beat bad this weekend make you a bad fan?

Take of the crimson glasses and come back to reality.

Again, I hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid I'm not.

In this particualr thread? Maybe not. In about 3/4 of all threads on this board? A lot! It's all Ive been reading on this board since the bYu game.

It gets more than a little old after a few hundred thousand posts!

SoonerBacker
10/11/2009, 07:06 PM
Being a fan does not mean you have to be blind, or that you have to behave in a way that you sunshine pumpers believe in. One can be a fan and not be blind to the truth. You be a fan the way you want, and let others do the same. In other words: mind your own ****ing business!

Try taking your own advice there, CB!

allenrayx
10/11/2009, 07:14 PM
Did you watch the Texas game? It wasn't so
much a case of Texas "bringing it" as it was a
horrible buff team imploding.

Texas' offense looks very average. They have no
running game and their best rb got hurt last nite.
They have a short passing game.....that's it. They
are the poor man's version of Texas Tech with a
better defense.

that short passing game is where miami got us.........its going to be a sloppy win no matter which team pulls it off........................ take a sloppy " w "over another"L" anyday though

SoonerKnight
10/11/2009, 07:27 PM
I concur with this thread. I expect Texas to open up as 10 point favorites tomorrow when the first line comes out in Vegas.

Who cares if Texas doesnt have their RBs for the game. They wont need them. Texas will slide Shipley over to the slot or just keep Dan Buckner there and he will throw over Reynolds head ALL DAY LONG!

OU's DL is good, but its also overrated. McCoy hasnt had his name called since the Tulsa game and the rest of the guys are mostly no-shows as well. We can get some pressure by blitzing, but its a myth that our "all world" DL is able to wreak havoc with a simple 4 man rush.

The linebackers are mediocre at best. Even though they are supposed to be excellent run stuffers, thats true ONLY if straight ahead ISO dives. Any misdirection or cutbacks and these guys are lost. I watched the Miami game a couple of times and watched Reynolds over-committ and run to the wrong gap over and over and over again. He was lost in that game, and its the main reason why Javaris James, previously a mediocre at best RB, was able to put up 150 yards on OU. Great MLBs watch the play develop and run to the right hole AT THE RIGHT TIME. OU's MLBs dont do that. They guess wrong consistently on misdirections/counters.

OU's secondary is actually fairly decent. Brian Jackson has played well. Whats killing OU in the passing defense is the LBs cant cover jack **** and our guys dont know how to play zone defense in the middle of the field. Reynolds cant cover jack, yet we continue putting him out there on passing downs, watching him get burnt to a crisp over and over again.

As for OU's offense, I predict pain, big pain. You think it was bad against Baylor, watch OU's receivers drop at least 10 balls in the Texas game. Texas has a secondary that while not elite in pass coverage, will knock the snot out of receivers. Watch OU's WRs start hearing footsteps and get alligator arms. After awhile, the Texas secondary wont even have to hit them anymore to get them to drop balls. These guys are choke artists and scrubs, apart from Broyles (who I would bet $1000 wont be back for the Texas game).

Texas DL is going to have a field day against OU's OL. Watch Sergio Kindle on the right side of the DL blow past any scrub we put out there at right tackle. He will get owned all day long. Landry Jones can actually move around a little back there, but Sam is an absolute statue. That being said, Sams accuracy >> Jones so overall Sam is the right person to play in that game.

Prediction:
Texas 31
OU 14

Bull ****!!

unbiasedtruth
10/11/2009, 07:27 PM
if Texas is going to "smoke" us.... does that mean that have moved back the time of the kickoff to 4:20 to accomadate the bonghorns????

just curious....

SoonerKnight
10/11/2009, 07:38 PM
I will tell you this. I dont bet on football very often, but when I do, I bet against OU. I bet against OU in the Florida game last year and won almost $5,000. I bet against OU in the Miami game this year and won about $1,000. I bet against OU in the Texas game last year, and I won about $500. Those are the only games I have bet on so far, so I'm not claiming to be some expert gambler or anything, but based on what I see this year I'm betting heavily against OU. I dont bet spreads, only moneylines which will make it difficult this year because Texas will probably be listed at -10 and most books will not offer any moneyline bets on such a heavy favorite. However, if any book is stupid enough to open that up for a moneyline bet, then I am all over Texas.

I'd be happy to lose my money on that bet, but I just dont see it happening. OU has not shown they can play in a tough 4th quarter matchup against teams with equal talent. OU hasnt shown that they can get their LBs to cover anything over the middle yet.

The OL is an absolute disaster. Yeah they only got called for 5 penalties in the OU game instead of 50 in the other games we lost this year, but I expect to see a return back to massive penalties against Texas. I'm putting the over/under at 6 holding penalties and another 3-4 false starts on this pathetic line.

I think Bradford will play valiantly but his OL and WRs are going to screw him over. I just hope he can finish the game without re-injuring his shoulder.

If OU wins this game, I'll be absolutely shocked. Texas can turn it on when they want in the big games, and Colt McCoy is a great leader. Texas has a good defense with a good/fiery defensive coordinator in the Mike Stoops mold. More than anything else though, as sad as this is, Texas has more heart in the 4th quarter to win close/competitive games. OU is soft, not physically, but mentally. OU is now the Texas teams of the early 2000s.

Saxet struggled against the Buffs! They could not get any scores in the first half. They only had like 2 offensive TD's against the Buffs. They struggled.

Baylor is no world beater but have a better record than the Buffs and played well. They are coached well. We got it down the field and had drops that kept us from TD's. Our D has played better than Saxet's. We will keep them close and McCoy will be more frustrated than he was last night. Bottom line OU is not elite we are in a rebuilding year because of injuries. Our OL is young and will get better. As far as Saxet being MNC caliber! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Bet against OU but I wouldn't!!!

Desert Sapper
10/12/2009, 04:34 AM
The team has been going through growing pains and has been without last year's Heisman trophy winner for three weeks. Our second string RS Frosh QB nearly did enough to beat Miami in their house and pull out victory from the jaws of defeat against BYU when he was thrown directly to the wolves after said Heisman winner went out. Now the masked man is back, his timing was improving in the second half with WRs that started to show some signs that they might actually want to catch the ball, and the OL is slowly and painfully improving. A little better execution on the right side of the OL and a few more catches of easy passes and we beat Miami, possibly by a lot. It's not like expectations are running too high for the O. I mean, we didn't set any NCAA scoring records last year that would do that. We certainly didn't have any O-Linemen that were experienced, talented, and are now starting for NFL teams... No, because that would mean that we are performing about as well as we should be right now.

The D has made mistakes. They are college kids. They do that. I draw your attention to Everage, Brandon...oh, wait. That was in the aggressive, angry, competent days of Saint Mike of Stoops. We all know how perfect we played on D back before that idiot Venables took over and screwed up a good thing by pissing away national championship games and what not. This D looks very good. Possibly among the best we've had here, but it's too early to tell. They are doing a lot of things right. That's about all I'll say. When Texas tries to pass across the middle and Reynolds picks it off, I really hope some of the negative f***s on here will shut the hell up. But I know they won't. Some people just have to be negative and spiteful. Maybe it's their upbringing. Maybe it's their disappointment with their meager accomplishments in life. Who knows?

You don't have to spout sunshine to be positive about our chances. You also don't have to s*** all over the team to be realistic. Texas may not have shown all their wrinkles yet. Maybe they've played nothing but vanilla all season long. Maybe we've shown all we have to offer. We'll be better this week than we've been all season. Of that I am confident.

I do know this: Win or lose, I'm still a Sooner. All I want to see is our kids play with everything they've got and leave it all on the field. The rest is inconsequential.

Fired up Sooners 24
Non-vanilla whorns 17

God how I despise how we act when we are spoiled. Most of America would kill for this team, problems included.

SGT Park3R
10/12/2009, 05:42 AM
The team has been going through growing pains and has been without last year's Heisman trophy winner for three weeks. Our second string RS Frosh QB nearly did enough to beat Miami in their house and pull out victory from the jaws of defeat against BYU when he was thrown directly to the wolves after said Heisman winner went out. Now the masked man is back, his timing was improving in the second half with WRs that started to show some signs that they might actually want to catch the ball, and the OL is slowly and painfully improving. A little better execution on the right side of the OL and a few more catches of easy passes and we beat Miami, possibly by a lot. It's not like expectations are running too high for the O. I mean, we didn't set any NCAA scoring records last year that would do that. We certainly didn't have any O-Linemen that were experienced, talented, and are now starting for NFL teams... No, because that would mean that we are performing about as well as we should be right now.

The D has made mistakes. They are college kids. They do that. I draw your attention to Everage, Brandon...oh, wait. That was in the aggressive, angry, competent days of Saint Mike of Stoops. We all know how perfect we played on D back before that idiot Venables took over and screwed up a good thing by pissing away national championship games and what not. This D looks very good. Possibly among the best we've had here, but it's too early to tell. They are doing a lot of things right. That's about all I'll say. When Texas tries to pass across the middle and Reynolds picks it off, I really hope some of the negative f***s on here will shut the hell up. But I know they won't. Some people just have to be negative and spiteful. Maybe it's their upbringing. Maybe it's their disappointment with their meager accomplishments in life. Who knows?

You don't have to spout sunshine to be positive about our chances. You also don't have to s*** all over the team to be realistic. Texas may not have shown all their wrinkles yet. Maybe they've played nothing but vanilla all season long. Maybe we've shown all we have to offer. We'll be better this week than we've been all season. Of that I am confident.

I do know this: Win or lose, I'm still a Sooner. All I want to see is our kids play with everything they've got and leave it all on the field. The rest is inconsequential.

Fired up Sooners 24
Non-vanilla whorns 17

God how I despise how we act when we are spoiled. Most of America would kill for this team, problems included.

Amen! Spoken straight from my heart and soul as a Sooner fan.

kustang619
10/12/2009, 07:28 AM
I'm a huge Sooner's fan and I will never bet against my team. I coach high school basketball in St. Louis Mo and have won 2 state titles and never once have I had the best or most talented team. I really believe that a team with lesser ability and less experience can make up for those with the effort and intensity that they bring. Playing the game right, being in the right positions and executing what you have been taught can be huge. I understand that there is a huge difference in high school and Division 1 ball. But never under estimate a team and it's heart.

OUmillenium
10/12/2009, 09:20 AM

Fired up Sooners 24
Non-vanilla whorns 17

I like it. I need to read more posts like this to get over my realistic prediction of a UTerus win. Thanks, I needed that.

StoopTroup
10/12/2009, 09:44 AM

Teh gheys don't bother me. They know I'll make em buy me a new Truck and all new OU Clothes and then they'll still strike out. That really PO's em too. :D

misplacedsooner
10/12/2009, 11:27 AM
the sooners will come out saturday and play like the team we thought we would see all year and soundly smoke the whorns and then the compaints will be .....why couldnt we of played like this those first couple of games???? why didnt wilson.......
why couldnt venabes......

MrJimBeam
10/12/2009, 11:42 AM
I'm a huge Sooner's fan and I will never bet against my team. I coach high school basketball in St. Louis Mo and have won 2 state titles and never once have I had the best or most talented team. I really believe that a team with lesser ability and less experience can make up for those with the effort and intensity that they bring. Playing the game right, being in the right positions and executing what you have been taught can be huge. I understand that there is a huge difference in high school and Division 1 ball. But never under estimate a team and it's heart.

Yep, just ask the Hickory Huskers.

SoonerObsession
10/12/2009, 12:06 PM
I remember watching an OU team look terrible against Kansas one week and then the next week they beat Texas 63-14.

zman515
10/12/2009, 12:47 PM
The sooners red zone offense will continue to hurt them as every big name school realizes that when Sam is under center there is a 99% chance a running play has been called. As long as we are this predictable, it will be hard to beat anyone with good players and a good coaching staff.

baja okla
10/12/2009, 02:44 PM
If we were scheduled to play that Florida defense next week, I might be half as pessimistic as some of you guys. But, hey...it's Texas. They have played nooobody and looked pretty poorly doing it.

Sooners are great when the underdog!! We win 17-14.

soonervegas
10/12/2009, 02:45 PM
the sooners will come out saturday and play like the team we thought we would see all year and soundly smoke the whorns and then the compaints will be .....why couldnt we of played like this those first couple of games???? why didnt wilson.......
why couldnt venabes......

Man let's hope so.....

VA Sooner
10/12/2009, 02:57 PM
UT is over-rated. Watch all their games so far and not impressed.

OU's had it's struggles but against ranked opponents. We're definitely the underdogs here and last I heard, Vegas says Texas by 3 points.

The key will be the defense. Sam will do his part and the receivers should be able to catch 66% of the time leaving us with our defense being able to attack the sides to get to Colt and bottle up the middle against the run. Colt's forced to pass and our weakness is the middle on crossing routes...

We know that, Texas knows that... now let's get it covered.

Play the role of the spoiler, be the underdogs and play some gut-check football. I say Sooners by 7 with a young, hungry team against a one-dimensional Texas team with slow first half starts and not much of a running game to speak of.

boomerborn79
10/12/2009, 03:06 PM
To me this game comes down to two things, running games, d-line play. uterus has NO running game. OU can run the ball and have against better d-lines than tu. OU d-line far better than ut and also against better competition. I feel more comfortable about this team today than i have all year... Also, if I may say one thing. We OU fans are spoiled rotten. Sitting in the stands and seeing Kenney drop 2 passes he should have caught for td's and listening to fans boo him me included made me realize we are spoiled and expect too much. I felt bad for Kenny, if it weren't for his two previous catches were not even in the red zone. He will be good. mark it down. we beat texas, mark it down. we win big twelve, mark it down. we get even more spoiled, mark it down.

KantoSooner
10/12/2009, 03:13 PM
VA Sooner, I hope you're right, but we haven't successfully bottled up anybody so far. (and before I'm assaulted: Baylor a) doesn't count and b) got loose a lot more than the stats showed and c) we got fairly lucky on some stops.....I was not terribly impressed.)
I think we play better than any previous game this year; I think we've got a shot to win......but I am still shaking my head wondering why our all universe d line is not camping out in opposing teams' backfields.

VA Sooner
10/12/2009, 10:40 PM
Kanto,

I'm not sure what happened to our "vaunted" defensive line. McCoy was in the backfield against lesser teams and Baylor and Miami had him double-teamed quite a bit. But that should leave our defensive ends able to come in which is why Beal has so many sacks already and is second (or was it fourth) in the nation in sacks.

We needed Baylor to bomb the ball away as much as possible. We've got a great defense against the run who got tired after being on the field a long time against Miami. Baylor's QB gave our guys a great chance to improve and hone their skills with some deep balls and middle of the field short passes.

The difference in the pass defense in the first half vs second half of the Baylor game is key. They had to abandon the run (just like Texas will) and focus on the pass. You've got two good Texas receivers in Shipley and Buckner so OU knows what they need to do to cover.

Plus we've always been better as the underdogs. Just ask Missouri.

MeMyself&Me
10/12/2009, 11:23 PM
I remember watching an OU team look terrible against Kansas one week and then the next week they beat Texas 63-14.

I remember the same thing. Thought OU was going to get kicked the next week. Unfortunately, I don't think this team is much like that 2000 team. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not optimistic right now at all.

Desert Sapper
10/12/2009, 11:31 PM
I just hope there is a lot of press coverage slamming the Sooners, deifying McCoy, and giving us no chance to even stay in the game. We play well as underdogs, but we play awesome ANGRY.

Get angry D. Your own fans don't believe in you. Your own fans think the D-Line has looked weak most of the season. Your own fans think you will get blown out! GET MAD! Get really friggin hongry and MAD. Don't just try to stop *. Try to hit them so hard their mothers start to scream out in pain and agony.

O-Line, you've been called out more times than I can count...across the board. Right side, you've looked sorry against decent opponents. It's time to nut up and get fired up. It's time for pancakes. It's time for pure, unadulterated ANGER. It's time to open holes that I could drive a bulldozer through. Show the world what pissed off angry young badasses you are.

It's Texas time people. It's time to get MEAN.

baja okla
10/13/2009, 10:24 AM
Another point in our favor. Would we know as much about our team and be as prepared if we had only played Idaho State and Tulsa?

Texas has only played week teams. We are their first test.

VA Sooner
10/13/2009, 10:29 AM
I just hope there is a lot of press coverage slamming the Sooners, deifying McCoy, and giving us no chance to even stay in the game. We play well as underdogs, but we play awesome ANGRY.

Get angry D. Your own fans don't believe in you. Your own fans think the D-Line has looked weak most of the season. Your own fans think you will get blown out! GET MAD! Get really friggin hongry and MAD. Don't just try to stop *. Try to hit them so hard their mothers start to scream out in pain and agony.

O-Line, you've been called out more times than I can count...across the board. Right side, you've looked sorry against decent opponents. It's time to nut up and get fired up. It's time for pancakes. It's time for pure, unadulterated ANGER. It's time to open holes that I could drive a bulldozer through. Show the world what pissed off angry young badasses you are.

It's Texas time people. It's time to get MEAN.

DUDE!!!!

Reading this gets me so pumped up for the game, I feel like I should suit up and get on the field to contribute!

BOOMER!!!!

Knippz
10/14/2009, 08:20 AM
What a stupid f*ing thread. This is the type of stuff you find on horns and red raiders forums each year. "Ummm, we're gonna lose to them because they're ranked so high and ummm yeah. I hate to say it but we're gonna lose."

You certainly don't sound like Sooner fans, and I don't want no part of this sh!t.

I fully expect to win Saturday. I'm either overjoyed or very disappointed this weekend. Go big or go home.

Knippz
10/14/2009, 08:27 AM
"Texas hopes to win. Oklahoma expects to win."

That'll never change for me, no matter how bad the team is.

SoonerNate
10/14/2009, 03:53 PM

Vegas disagrees with you as do I.

boomermagic
10/14/2009, 07:05 PM

Hey, In this game anyone can win It might be a long shot but we have a shot...

misplacedsooner
10/14/2009, 07:11 PM
i dont see the shot as a long one at all. i expect victory

VA Sooner
10/14/2009, 11:13 PM
Countdown to Armageddon.

sooner ngintunr
10/14/2009, 11:16 PM
If any thread deserved neg stars. This one would be it.

Besides some of the carp in the SO of course.

Curly Bill
10/14/2009, 11:18 PM
It just went from 1 star to 3 stars...

...how'd that happen? :D ;)

soonerboy_odanorth
10/14/2009, 11:29 PM
Heh! Does it jinx it if I say it?

DOOMED!

F**KING DOOMED, WE IS!

Desert Sapper
10/15/2009, 05:31 AM
This game is like a bowl game when it comes to intensity. Once upon a time, we knew that better than saxet did. Now we both get it. Now we both understand how you have to play in this game. Can't leave anything on the field. Gotta give it everything for four quarters.

Sammy needs to leave here with a winning record against the whorns. I think the whole team knows that. And I think the whole team is going to pull together for this game and make it happen. This is where we get our mojo back.

Wish I could be there. Boomer.

beer4me
10/15/2009, 05:49 AM

Then don't say it ;) :D

DakotaSooner
10/15/2009, 01:23 PM
I don't think this game is a toss up, in fact I think Tejas is a substantial favorite, but with Sam back and with Tejas not exactly being world beaters I think we have a chance.

So which is it? We have a chance or we are substantial underdogs? Sounds like a toss up to me.

starrca23
10/15/2009, 01:50 PM
Chicken Little is reporting that the sky is falling...

batonrougesooner
10/15/2009, 02:20 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135772

I've returned to the man who beats me.

VA Sooner
10/15/2009, 02:25 PM
Underdogs with a substantial chance for the upset.

Underdogs in the eyes of Vegas. We have the talent, we need to go out there and execute. Big game... demand big performance from all.

Step up boys... make us proud.

Desert Sapper
10/15/2009, 05:25 PM
Vegas is scared of Sam Bradford. That is all.

VA Sooner
10/15/2009, 08:08 PM
And they should be.

They should all be.