PDA

View Full Version : The Offensive package I think can beat Texas

colleyvillesooner
10/11/2009, 09:15 AM
I call it the Wild "Everyone Else is Either Hurt, Graduated or Sucks" package.

Miller wide left, Murray in the slot right, Caleb wide right, Brody on the line doubling Kindle or helping with blitzes with Brown in the backfield. I think this is our shot. Short slants to Miller to counter the blitzes. I really liked this package yesterday.

Exchange Murray for Madu and put him in the backfield some, but Murrry needs to play everydown for us to have a chance.

IronHorseSooner
10/11/2009, 09:18 AM
CU showed that * has a hard time with the power O. Do we have the guys to do that? I don't know, but if we try to out think ourselves, that is where we will get beaten.

colleyvillesooner
10/11/2009, 09:19 AM
We do not have the OL for a power game. We have Sam Bradford. We gotta toss the rock to win.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/11/2009, 09:21 AM
We do not have the OL for a power game. We have Sam Bradford. We gotta toss the rock to win.

This. We try to play power ball. We need the speed of Murray and the shiftiness of Caleb. We need to beat them at their own game--dink and dunk.

By the way, you all know I am the #1 Murray supporter, but I think Brown had a better game yesterday. That spin was pretty.

StoopTroup
10/11/2009, 09:22 AM
Exchange Murray for Madu and put him in the backfield some

I've been saying this for three games now.

Madu may not be one of those guys who wins a position in practice...but he sure seems to get the job done when he's in the game.

At least that how it seems to me.

IronHorseSooner
10/11/2009, 09:24 AM
I absolutely agree that we will need to put the ball in Sam's hands to win this. Again, * has shown us nothing this year...In a separate question, has anyone seen James Hanna? I think we need to put an APB out for him.

TXBOOMER
10/11/2009, 09:26 AM

ABSOLUTELY!

mehip
10/11/2009, 09:30 AM
I liked that package as well. We can also rotate Kenny in. It looks like Miller can stretch the field also; we just need the OL to hold up for more than three seconds.

I wonder if we will see the wildcat formation again next week. Sometimes Wilson really confuses me. It seemed we were able to operate out of it pretty well against UM but it was shelved against Baylor. Maybe it was that Sam hadn't taken any snaps in the formation.

IronHorseSooner
10/11/2009, 09:32 AM
I liked that package as well. We can also rotate Kenny in. It looks like Miller can stretch the field also; we just need the OL to hold up for more than three seconds.

I wonder if we will see the wildcat formation again next week. Sometimes Wilson really confuses me. It seemed we were able to operate out of it pretty well against UM but it was shelved against Baylor. Maybe it was that Sam hadn't taken any snaps in the formation.

He did against BYU, it just stunk when it was ran that time.

delhalew
10/11/2009, 09:36 AM
I absolutely agree that we will need to put the ball in Sam's hands to win this. Again, * has shown us nothing this year...In a separate question, has anyone seen James Hanna? I think we need to put an APB out for him.

He played yesterday and had a drop and a holding call. If I remember right.

IronHorseSooner
10/11/2009, 09:38 AM
Also, was I mistaken, but did I see Jameel Owens on the side line yesterday? I thought he was gone.

colleyvillesooner
10/11/2009, 11:18 AM
Also, was I mistaken, but did I see Jameel Owens on the side line yesterday? I thought he was gone.

He's with the practice squad last I heard.

IronHorseSooner
10/11/2009, 11:35 AM
He's with the practice squad last I heard.

If he can catch it, I say give him a shot. Some guys look good in practice, and some guys look good in games. Some people thrive when the lights come on, and there a 80,000 plus screaming at the top of their lungs. Miller and Owens are a couple of guys who have all of the athletic gifts you could want, they just sometimes don't bring it in practice. What got Miller on the field was a good week of practice, from what I understand. Whereas you take a guy like Pooh who lights it up in practice, but gets shaky at game time.

It's not just here, but I have seen this in my line of work. I see soldiers who light it up at the range in a controlled environment, and look like snipers, but when you get them in a live fire, they can't hit anything. Consequently, I also see the opposite. These soldiers are also about the same age as our players.

It comes down to maturity. I think the light has came "on" with Miller, and knows that in order to get some PT, he's going to need to bring it in practice as well. I think we have some good talent here at WR, we have just been spoiled with the likes of MK, Iggy, Manny, and Jermaine.

adoniijahsooner
10/11/2009, 11:41 AM
If he can catch it, I say give him a shot. Some guys look good in practice, and some guys look good in games. Some people thrive when the lights come on, and there a 80,000 plus screaming at the top of their lungs. Miller and Owens are a couple of guys who have all of the athletic gifts you could want, they just sometimes don't bring it in practice. What got Miller on the field was a good week of practice, from what I understand. Whereas you take a guy like Pooh who lights it up in practice, but gets shaky at game time.

It's not just here, but I have seen this in my line of work. I see soldiers who light it up at the range in a controlled environment, and look like snipers, but when you get them in a live fire, they can't hit anything. Consequently, I also see the opposite. These soldiers are also about the same age as our players.

It comes down to maturity. I think the light has came "on" with Miller, and knows that in order to get some PT, he's going to need to bring it in practice as well. I think we have some good talent here at WR, we have just been spoiled with the likes of MK, Iggy, Manny, and Jermaine.

Iggy and Manny struggled in their fr and soph years too. D Miller has the potential to be unstoppable once it all comes together. If Broyles comes back soon, Miller keeps progressing and Caleb remains steady, this offense will be potent in the next few weeks.