PDA

View Full Version : Clunker Games

utex74
10/10/2009, 10:52 PM
Every team plays a couple of clunker games in a season and if they are lucky they survive bad play. We had one of those tonight. Without our Heisman candidate, and I mean Shipley, we may not have won. But better to have a clunker tonight than next week. It was ugly to be at tonight but I now feel even better about next Saturday. Good to have a wake up call you can win.

It's Tx-OU week. Got my tickets. See ya there. It's on!

Widescreen
10/10/2009, 11:15 PM
It was ugly to be at tonight but I now feel even better about next Saturday.

Interesting perspective. I don't know that I've ever seen OU play like crap and actually feel better about a coming game.

utex74
10/10/2009, 11:36 PM
Interesting perspective. I don't know that I've ever seen OU play like crap and actually feel better about a coming game.

It sounds strange,I know. In 2005 we had three bad games we managed to win and were stronger the next few games after each one. Had to come from 24 down to beat OSU. We barely beat a very bad A&M team and then won the CCG by over 70 points the following week. It just seems that Texas focuses after a sub par performance. I get nervous when they are reading how good they are in the paper and I was nervous today because that is all they have read for the past two weeks down here. At least we won't have that distraction this week.

Curly Bill
10/10/2009, 11:41 PM
I too somewhat believe in what I shall term the "bounceback effect" where a good team bounces back with a strong performance after a poor game.

I don't know if it's because the team is mad, if the bad game serves as a wakeup call or what, but I believe in it.

OU's overall season has sucked more than the whorn's has, so lets hope we get the bigger bounce. :D

VA Sooner
10/10/2009, 11:50 PM
I've never felt better after a clunker game.

We played OK in Miami... we were in it until the end. Tonight was a good tune-up game for Bradford and the receivers. The running backs were able to get some running lanes.

Still need work on the o-line to give the RBs a chance. Bradford needs his receivers to catch but overall, there were some great plays by the young WRs.

On to the RR Rivalry!

Sooner Eclipse
10/11/2009, 11:07 AM
Every team plays a couple of clunker games in a season and if they are lucky they survive bad play. We had one of those tonight. Without our Heisman candidate, and I mean Shipley, we may not have won. But better to have a clunker tonight than next week. It was ugly to be at tonight but I now feel even better about next Saturday. Good to have a wake up call you can win.

It's Tx-OU week. Got my tickets. See ya there. It's on!

See this is a good thing. The horns myopic, unbridled arrogance has not been apparant leading up to this game since the 00-04 series where most of them went in with supreme confidence that they were the chosen ones and would win. Their narcissistic core is starting to bubble to the top once again. They have kept a pretty low profile prior to this game since 05. If karma raises its head again, and it usually does concerning the horns, they will be flinging themselves from those nice, new aluminium bleachers.

Utex's post is a prime example of a horn not being honest about what he see's on the field. I miss those days.