PDA

View Full Version : I'm Excited

mehip
10/10/2009, 06:33 PM
I know the OL is not what we are used to seeing. But, if that group can come together and the receivers keep progressing this offense will start putting points on the board.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/10/2009, 06:58 PM
I'm very excited for Tennell. 2 nice catches. One for his first TD. Also, I think a good end around. The Sooners need production from him.

Crucifax Autumn
10/10/2009, 07:16 PM
Nice to see him actually perform to his potential, even if only a couple of plays.

Curly Bill
10/10/2009, 11:38 PM
He still hasn't performed to his potential, hasn't even come close. He may be as good an athlete as we have. State champion triple jumper (in Texas where that's a helluva feat), helluva basketball player, a Rivals Top 100 player...

One wonders if not for the injuries would he have lived up to his potential, or if he was just bound to be one of the many that don't live up to their potential. Either way, he's not come close.

KingWKB
10/10/2009, 11:48 PM
I'm not getting excited about anything till we do it against a good team... I've learned my lesson.

Sonner magic923
10/10/2009, 11:50 PM
speaking of tennell how come he wasnt even on the field for the first half or did i just miss him?

VA Sooner
10/10/2009, 11:51 PM
Adron was the third best WR by Scout.com when Crabtree and Harvin were coming through. That injury two (or was it three?) years ago really put him behind. Good to see him get some catches... and a TD.

soonerborn30
10/10/2009, 11:55 PM
speaking of tennell how come he wasnt even on the field for the first half or did i just miss him?

Because he can't catch a football. It was only after several other people proved they couldn't catch footballs either that he was inserted out of desperation.

SoonerKnight
10/11/2009, 12:00 AM
Because he can't catch a football. It was only after several other people proved they couldn't catch footballs either that he was inserted out of desperation.

Supposedly he does well in practice but not in games so I am sure the coaches figured WTH! Turned out good but I hope our recievers play better next Saturday!

Curly Bill
10/11/2009, 12:03 AM
Supposedly he does well in practice but not in games so I am sure the coaches figured WTH! Turned out good but I hope our recievers play better next Saturday!

...and Miller supposedly doesn't practice well.

I hope we've learned that come game time how well they perform in the game, is a tad bit more important than how they perform in practice.

Someone cue Allen Iverson. :D

VA Sooner
10/11/2009, 12:05 AM
Some people freeze in the big game. The speed, the noise, the adrenaline... too much for some.

cvsooner
10/11/2009, 12:06 AM
What happened to Kenney? Three catches early and then phffft...never seen again today.

OK2LA
10/11/2009, 12:06 AM
Just curious what made us break out the Jaz? I guess they thought that everyone one else was dropping balls, might as well get this guy in on the action.

soonerborn30
10/11/2009, 01:17 AM
Just curious what made us break out the Jaz? I guess they thought that everyone one else was dropping balls, might as well get this guy in on the action.

Exactly. And then he dropped at least one if not two. Somebody needs to stop by Dick's on the way to Dallas and pick up some sticky Nike gloves.

Spanish Sooner
10/11/2009, 01:36 AM
I can take solace in one fact, Caleb was awesome from the slot

OK2LA
10/11/2009, 01:51 AM
Dude better remove those skillets if he comes up in here with a name like Jaz.

Sooner70
10/11/2009, 07:04 AM
Agree with all on Adron Tennell....good to see him come thru. Will need him next week.

Has anybody answered cvsooner yet? why wasn't Kenney in 2H? Did he make somebody mad or something? I thought he was doing fine. Maybe needed to get PT for others.

SunnySooner
10/11/2009, 08:15 AM
I'm hoping part of it was just adjusting to throws from a different QB, I couldn't believe some of the drops, though. Sam is a complete stud, puts it right in their hands, gotta catch those in Dallas.

AlbqSooner
10/11/2009, 08:16 AM
He missed three passes in a row and they sat him.

TMcGee86
10/11/2009, 10:03 AM
I'd be more excited if we could actually call a decent play inside the ten yard line.

And if KW would figure out that the right side of the line is where runs go to die.