PDA

View Full Version : GREAT GAME SOONERS

olevetonahill
10/10/2009, 06:28 PM
I saw some Greatness , I saw some things that need werk.
I also saw some young Players doing their Damnedest to step up and Be the STAR .

IF yall cant see the Positives of this Game then Ya Blind .:pop:

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/10/2009, 06:31 PM
agree 100 and 10 percent. miller is going to be a stud. and caleb had a huge game. did anyone see tennel actually caught the ball? key plays too!

Boo played a good game too!

SunnySooner
10/10/2009, 06:32 PM
Preach it, brother, damn skippy.

Judge Smails
10/10/2009, 06:33 PM
agree 100 and 10 percent. miller is going to be a stud. and caleb had a huge game. did anyone see tennel actually caught the ball? key plays too!

Boo played a good game too!

Tennel not only caught the ball, but he tossed it up in the air after the catch and he caught that one too!!! 2-2!

Hotrod3157
10/10/2009, 06:36 PM
There were plenty of positives in the game today. Miller started to show some of his potential today still too many drops by the receivers though all around. The drops should be fixable its more of a problem if the receivers can't get open. Defense made some plays today to get off the field. Still gotta work on 3rd downs though. The total package needs some work but the positives are there. Hopefully it can all come together next Saturday morning.

Chuck Bao
10/10/2009, 06:37 PM
I called my brother to say good game. We will get you next year in Waco!

Here is my prediction: Baylor will shock the world and beat Texas.

westbrooke
10/10/2009, 06:38 PM

Well put. Obviously the drops and stalling out in the red zone were frustrating, but it was great to see Caleb step into Broyles's role and Reynolds, Miller, and Tennell get in on the action. Murray was making something out of nothing most of the afternoon. Bradford was sharp. Beal is still a beast. Good effort, Sooners.

westbrooke
10/10/2009, 06:40 PM
There were plenty of positives in the game today. Miller started to show some of his potential today still too many drops by the receivers though all around. The drops should be fixable its more of a problem if the receivers can't get open. Defense made some plays today to get off the field. Still gotta work on 3rd downs though. The total package needs some work but the positives are there. Hopefully it can all come together next Saturday morning.

Giving up those 4th downs was painful. But we held them to 3-16 3rd down conversions today. Major improvement.

sooner ngintunr
10/10/2009, 06:40 PM
Stevens is a beast!!

adoniijahsooner
10/10/2009, 06:43 PM
I also saw some young Players doing their Damnedest to step up and Be the STAR .

Yep, lots to look forward to.

mightysooner
10/10/2009, 06:50 PM
Where was the greatness? I didn't see anything I'd quantify as greatness.

The D played much better in the second half. Offense was pretty underwhelming.

cheezyq
10/10/2009, 06:52 PM

Whiner.

:D

sooner ngintunr
10/10/2009, 06:52 PM
The returns were for sure great.

soonervegas
10/10/2009, 08:58 PM
Hopefully things come together next week and we will all be very happy.

MyT Oklahoma
10/10/2009, 09:09 PM
Good job Sooners.. good job.

olevetonahill
10/10/2009, 09:13 PM
QWhos skeered Os Pny and co. ?

goingoneight
10/10/2009, 09:52 PM
QBs like Cart McCoy know how to exploit the very weaknesses OUr defense possesses. Hence the one tipped pass away from a 3-0 record against us.

And we better damn well learn how to effectively execute without penalties, drops and red zone barfing down our legs. We need a clock-managing, game-controlling offense.

The Ghost of Mex
10/10/2009, 09:56 PM

:gary:
Did you miss the gun slinger?

Curly Bill
10/10/2009, 10:06 PM
The only greatness I saw was in the form of Bradford.

...and KW semi pulled his head out of his a**. Oh yeah! We were playing Baylor at home. :rolleyes: ;)

BoulderSooner79
10/10/2009, 10:22 PM

I agree - they didn't crack 600 yards. :rolleyes:

That game was a *blast* to watch. I could not believe how well Sam played after 5 weeks and not even taking all the snaps this week. Landry is a battler and has a very strong arm, but the difference with Sam in there was amazing. He made reads Landry is not ready to make and super accurate most the time. We can complain about drops and redzone running and some defense issues, yada, yada. The truth is, we are being treated to a very unique athlete and you are missing out if you don't appreciate it because the team is not elite this year.

swardboy
10/10/2009, 10:31 PM
One thing's for sure, Sam is proving he's a great quarterback. He really stood in there on some throws when I was sure he'd get sacked. Last year was no fluke. If the receivers decide to look the ball in, he'll be back in the Heisman talk.......

SoonerKnight
10/10/2009, 10:33 PM
One thing's for sure, Sam is proving he's a great quarterback. He really stood in there on some throws when I was sure he'd get sacked. Last year was no fluke. If the receivers decide to look the ball in, he'll be back in the Heisman talk.......

very true!

olevetonahill
10/10/2009, 10:36 PM
Dayum I love My Sooners :cool:

BoulderSooner79
10/10/2009, 10:42 PM
The thing that was fun for me, was see us get yardage in big chunks again. Not a lot of dink'n and dunk'n and short passes in the flat. We didn't throw bombs, but a lot of medium stuff that gets 15-20 yards a whack. And then surprise! the run starts working (at least between the 20s). Not quite like last year, but great to see. And Miller making some catches and Tennell making 2 significant catches. That long 3rd down conversion was big and I think he was the happiest guy in the stadium on the TD catch. Hope his confidence is back.

VA Sooner
10/10/2009, 11:53 PM
Need to protect the middle better from short passes... rush Reynolds to the line and drop back McCoy and draw a defensive end every so often to keep them honest.