PDA

View Full Version : This just in...ABC sucks

SoonerLaw09
10/10/2009, 06:24 PM
Oh man, that TV coverage was teh crapp. I counted at least a dozen plays they missed because they were showing some graphic or sideline shot and just basically farting around.

And Ron Franklin must be taken out and shot. No PBP skillz and he has this annoying tendency to repeat himself ad nauseum. Mushberger is preferable to him.

Judge Smails
10/10/2009, 06:27 PM
Mushberger is preferable to him.

THAT'S CRAZY ! [hairGel]

bluedogok
10/10/2009, 06:30 PM
Better than no game on TV at all which I remember a few OU-Baylor games not that long ago which fell into that category.

pac10SUX
10/10/2009, 06:37 PM
"This just in...ABC sucks"

U jus now figrin this out!! :D

SunnySooner
10/10/2009, 06:40 PM
This has been an ongoing problem--replays don't fit in a hurry-up offense.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/10/2009, 06:49 PM
Mr. Gal pointed out how many times he said the OU defender tipped the pass away from the receiver at the last second. Like when else is he going to tip it away, while it's airborne?

Petro-Sooner
10/10/2009, 06:49 PM
I'll take them over FSW any day.

aurorasooner
10/10/2009, 06:52 PM
Best post-game I've seen so far but I wasn't listening to them. Great shots of the campus and when that little girl was picking up those crimson & cream pom-poms and putting them in her dad's lap, I switched the main video feed over from the Prez-cup and was thinking, that's Sooner football. I don't give a d&^% if we win by one point if all the kids at the game left that happy then it was a successful day.

mightysooner
10/10/2009, 06:53 PM
Oh man, that TV coverage was teh crapp. I counted at least a dozen plays they missed because they were showing some graphic or sideline shot and just basically farting around.

And Ron Franklin must be taken out and shot. No PBP skillz and he has this annoying tendency to repeat himself ad nauseum. Mushberger is preferable to him.

More to do with our hurry up offense than ABC's coverage.

rainiersooner
10/10/2009, 07:08 PM
My favorite gems were:

1. Texas has won four of the last five against OU (incorrect, three of the last four; or three of the last five; or, even, three of the last six...or nine).

2. OU has no depth on its defensive line (of our many problems, this is not one).

mightysooner
10/10/2009, 07:09 PM
My favorite gems were:

2. OU has no depth on its defensive line (of our many problems, this is not one).

I didn't understand this one either. We rotate in D linemen like sharks teeth.

SoonerLaw09
10/10/2009, 08:46 PM
Yeah there were some nice campus shots, etc. But the commentary ruined it. He can't even read a nice bit about the Cowboy Hall of Fame (or Western Heritage Museum) without, well, forgetting to actually give the name of what it was that he was talking about!!!!

sheesh. :mad:

jkjsooner
10/10/2009, 09:20 PM
ABC is a lot better than FSN. The guys at FSN have to show a replay and/or a crowd shot of wierdos after every play and they end up missing almost half of the plays.

Complain all you want but I told my wife today, "At least we're seeing most of the plays."

AlbqSooner
10/11/2009, 06:48 AM
More to do with our hurry up offense than ABC's coverage.

The director needs to realize going in that we run a hurry up offense and prepare accordingly.

AlbqSooner
10/11/2009, 06:50 AM
My favorite gems were:

1. Texas has won four of the last five against OU (incorrect, three of the last four; or three of the last five; or, even, three of the last six...or nine).

I liked when he commented on Beal having been the BIG 10 player of the week last week.:eek:

stoopified
10/11/2009, 07:44 AM
Yeah there were some nice campus shots, etc. But the commentary ruined it. He can't even read a nice bit about the Cowboy Hall of Fame (or Western Heritage Museum) without, well, forgetting to actually give the name of what it was that he was talking about!!!!

sheesh. :mad:
I thought maybe I missed the beginning of that piece becuse his spiel seemed to come out of nowhere about the CHOFWM.

oudivesherpa
10/11/2009, 10:51 AM

Maybe, we can get Bob Barry to do the ABC TV games. Hell, after four gin and tonics I even talk like BB......Well maybe five but who's counting.

tulsaoilerfan
10/11/2009, 10:55 AM
I liked when he commented on Beal having been the BIG 10 player of the week last week.:eek:

LOL i caught that also; seems like they said the Big 10 again another time during the game

IronHorseSooner
10/11/2009, 10:55 AM
I didn't understand this one either. We rotate in D linemen like sharks teeth.

I agree, I don't know where that one came from. Many experts think that we have a good depth at our line. The only guy that I have ever heard say that before was Schlabach, but he later detracted that statement. Do your stinking homework, guys!

Curly Bill
10/11/2009, 11:38 AM
I liked the part where one of our backs tripped over Brian Simmons, and the dumas announcer said he'd tripped over Ryan Reynolds.

wishbonesooner
10/11/2009, 11:38 AM
I tried turning down the sound and listening to Big Bob instead of the ABC stuff. All I can say is it was brutal.