PDA

View Full Version : SO who are we gonna blame for the win against Baylor?

adoniijahsooner
10/10/2009, 06:23 PM
I know you want to score 60 every game, and you want the defense to shut out every opponent, but the team won today. Can we please allow this win to be a steppin stone to positive comments for the red river rivalry week.

It will be difficult to sit through another week of storm clouds, especially after a win.

olevetonahill
10/10/2009, 06:24 PM
I dun did say
Fire BV and KW in the Game thread . WTF else ya want ?:D :D :D :D

bluedogok
10/10/2009, 06:25 PM
Fire Calvin Vulnerables!!!!!

:D

SoonerKnight
10/10/2009, 06:30 PM
Hopefully the slow start was due to Sammy getting his mojo back. The WR are young and usually a team will have an anchor when they have turnovers well I think Broyles was the anchor to the WR now that he is gone it is up to the youngins to get better. Remember if it was that easy some ya'll would have had your fat asses out there playing for OU. We recruit well just need to get these young guys in the groove. Sounds like it will get better. There is one problem though. Saxet next week. I think our D will keep them close KW will need to let Sammy throw it if we can so we can get a run game going. If you can't throw it they will stop your run game that is what Baylor tried. We need to get the passing game going.

adoniijahsooner
10/10/2009, 06:36 PM
I dun did say
Fire BV and KW in the Game thread . WTF else ya want ?:D :D :D :D

you didnt add stoops to the fire.:D

sooner ngintunr
10/10/2009, 06:42 PM
we didn't run the meerkat. unless I missed it with all of the replays and **** that ABC was running.

we're doomed next week;)

Since71ASooner4Life
10/10/2009, 07:02 PM
It could only be the quality of the athletes we have on the field, since so many know our coaches aren't very good. Actually its kind of surprizing we have great athletes since the same idiots who don't know the game well enough to coach also do the recruiting. There again, this is Oklahoma and we get the primo athletes because of our tradition and don't need coaches.

Crucifax Autumn
10/10/2009, 07:06 PM
we didn't run the meerkat. unless I missed it with all of the replays and **** that ABC was running.

we're doomed next week;)

Doomed I tell ya! Doomed! :D

BoulderSooner79
10/10/2009, 11:39 PM
The horns hit the weight room right after their game tonight.

Doomed!!

VA Sooner
10/10/2009, 11:42 PM
They looked very sloppy tonight. I think we've got a good chance now that Sam's back and getting his mojo back. Looked very sharp in the second half and would have been sharper with less dropped balls.

Sticky gloves for all of the receivers... we can all chip in.

Overall... a lot better offensively. Defense held them to 8 yards. Pass rush will be key.

Leroy Lizard
10/10/2009, 11:50 PM
Forecast calls for clear skies, no chance of rain, and tricky winds. We have a chance.

olevetonahill
10/11/2009, 01:21 AM
you didnt add stoops to the fire.:D

:O My bad bro

gaylordfan1
10/11/2009, 01:30 AM
Fire Coach V!!!!! He allowed 8 yrds rushing! He sucks! Now that I got that out.... OUr offense will be fine IF, and only IF the WR start catching the ball. If that happens then we have a chance to upset Texas. Even if our line is sub-par, all is equaled out if our WR catch those short slants and bubble screens. Serioulsy, the only missing link to our offense is the dropps at WR.

soonerborn30
10/11/2009, 01:32 AM
You don't find the inability to score TD's against an overmatched opponent in the red zone to be a missing link as well?

Okie35
10/11/2009, 03:32 AM
Fire Coach V!!!!! He allowed 8 yrds rushing! He sucks! Now that I got that out.... OUr offense will be fine IF, and only IF the WR start catching the ball. If that happens then we have a chance to upset Texas. Even if our line is sub-par, all is equaled out if our WR catch those short slants and bubble screens. Serioulsy, the only missing link to our offense is the dropps at WR.

haha it was only 6 yards :D but fire him indeed

Mississippi Sooner
10/11/2009, 06:08 AM
I would love to give my own expert analysis of the game, but I was really drunk at the time.

soonerborn30
10/11/2009, 08:46 AM
Doesn't stop anybody else. Fire away Mississisppi.

guzziguy
10/11/2009, 08:54 AM
Fire at will. Do we have anyone named Will?

IronHorseSooner
10/11/2009, 09:15 AM
I tend to think that some of the problems that the WRs had was adjusting to Sam. I believe that Cunningham said that he was practicing with the 2s this past week, not knowing if he would play and having Landry ready to go. You know, if you throw for darn near 400 yards, it means that somebody was catching the ball. The problem was that he could have thrown for 500 yards and three more scores if they would have caught it. I forgive Clapp's drop because he darn near had a club on his hand.

It is like having a new pitcher come in during the game, and he and the catcher get the signals crossed, and there are some dropped pitches. It is getting used to the new delivery and velocity. Jazz made a great catch on one play, but dropped the next one because he looked surprised that Sam got it to him so fast. I think Kenney did the same in the end zone. This is nothing that a good week of practice can't get.

StoopTroup
10/11/2009, 09:27 AM
Where are the "SAM AIN'T GONNA MAKE A DIFFERENCE!" folks?

CrimsonJim
10/11/2009, 09:32 AM

They're waiting to see how the game ends up next weekend.

StoopTroup
10/11/2009, 09:35 AM
They're waiting to see how the game ends up next weekend.

Probably got they're Vince Young jerseys at the dry cleaners.

TXBOOMER
10/11/2009, 09:41 AM

Landry is goona be really good (i know you agree)..but Sam is a freaking stud. This team is undefeated if he doesn't get hurt.

CrimsonJim
10/11/2009, 09:47 AM
Landry is goona be really good (i know you agree)..but Sam is a freaking stud. This team is undefeated if he doesn't get hurt.

This. ^^^

IronHorseSooner
10/11/2009, 09:52 AM

I absolutely agree. Like I said in another post, this is the only part where college BBALL and the NFL are superior to college football. In either of those, you can come back from an injury and still lead your team to win it all. Look at last year with UNC. Lawson was hurt, and I think Hansborough was for a little bit, and they still won it. With our craptastic system, the BCS, if a team has an injury to a top line player, but loses one or two, and wins the rest, they have ZERO shot to win the MNC. The unintended effect of this is coaches, ala Urban Meyer, putting their star player in harms way, knowing that fact. The same could happen to SUC this year if they don't make it. Barkley being out hurt them, too. If a team like 'Bama or FLA gets to the title game and rolls their opponent, and if we TCB, it would be an absolute crying shame for somebody to say "you know, if OU wouldn't have lost those 1-point games, they might have a shot."

BCS rant over.

MichiganSooner
10/11/2009, 10:00 AM
You don't find the inability to score TD's against an overmatched opponent in the red zone to be a missing link as well?

If the receivers catch the balls, the redzone problem goes away.

soonerborn30
10/11/2009, 10:03 AM
Fair enough.

I would like to see KW drop the foolish pride and realize we're not a team that's going to blow anybody off the ball. This 2 dives and a desperation pass play stuff isn't going to cut it. We need more pitches, reverses, misdirection-type stuff. We are not a power football team, no matter how bad he wants us to be.

StoopTroup
10/11/2009, 11:18 AM
I blame Jimmy Stevens.

Leroy Lizard
10/11/2009, 11:45 AM
With our craptastic system, the BCS, if a team has an injury to a top line player, but loses one or two, and wins the rest, they have ZERO shot to win the MNC.

That's completely false. Florida proved that last year. In fact, five of the teams that won the national title this decade had at least one loss, and one had two losses.

adoniijahsooner
10/11/2009, 11:46 AM
Jimmy for Lee Groza Award!! Or is that Lou?

Johnny Utah
10/11/2009, 04:55 PM
I absolutely agree. Like I said in another post, this is the only part where college BBALL and the NFL are superior to college football.

This and the announcers :D!

Tulsa_Fireman
10/11/2009, 05:43 PM

That's questionable at best.

BYU uncorked a can on Landry just like they did on Sam with the exact same blitz. Sam or no Sam, odds are that game goes down no different than it did. I have serious doubts as to the results of the Miami game, too.

Quarterback ain't the problem. Never was. Yes, Sam Bradford is a Heisman winning juggernaut that can lay lasers and check through coverage like he was flipping note cards and Landry Jones ain't quite at that level. Yet. But to sit there and say the difference is Sam when the same receivers are dropping the same balls and the same line is ringing up the same penalties and missing the same blocks and the same defense is lacking that same shutdown of the tight end below the safeties is just dishonest.

In fact, it's flirting with drinking the kool-aid.