PDA

View Full Version : My midseason wish list

IronHorseSooner
10/10/2009, 09:49 AM
I was thinking about what my wish would be for conference champs & who would make it to BCS games, here's my list:

ACC: Boston College. It would be a great story with their LB.
Big East: USF. OU's Little Brother. Lee Roy built that program, and Coach Leavitt is a FOB (Friend of Bob). I also live next to their hockey coach, and my stepson goes to their soccer camp every year.
Big 10/11: Iowa. PSU chokes, tOSU is annoying, can't stand Rich Rod, and Wisky can put you to sleep. Also, it's Bob's alma mater, & they still like him.
Big XII: Us!!!!
PAC-10: Stanford (would be funny as carp to see them beat Cal, Oregon, and SUC in the same year with a bunch of REAL student-athletes)
SEC: South Carolina (would be great for the Ol' Ball Coach to get another one considering all of the carp he got over the Tebow voting thing. Also, he's Bob's mentor.)

At large:
TCU: It would be great to see them finally get over the hump. They were very close last year to beating Utah in Salt Lake City.
'Bama: Classy fans, traditional power, much like us. The only difference is that Saban is still kind of shady, and I like the Ol' Ball Coach better.
PSU: Even though they are perennial chokers, I like Joe Pa.
VT: Great fan base, and every one of them that I met last year agreed that * should have just shut their mouths.

In this scenario, the bowls would be a mess, but since we don't have a playoff, I would like it no other way. There is no FLA, no SUC, no *, no Boise St., and no thUg:

MNC: Iowa v. USF (The network execs would be committing hari kari!)
Rose: PSU v. Stanford (See above)
Sugar: South Carolina v. VT (VT to play another SEC team in their backyard)
Orange: BC v. TCU (Good for viewer ratings in the DFW Metroplex and the Northeast)
Fiesta: Us v. 'Bama (Classic match up with to of the most storied programs in the sport. Will be a great catapult into the 2010 season)

This is presuming that Iowa and USF are the only two undefeated BCS conference teams left. The Rose would get Stanford automatically, and they would take the #2 Big 10/11 team after that, which would be a 1-loss PSU team. The Sugar would keep the SEC Champs, and the BCS would likely not want to put 'Bama to face them in back-to-back games. The same a can be said for VT v. BC. The BCS would love a Big XII v. SEC match up, Stoops v. Saban, and two classic programs. Again, I don't know how much of this could play out, but this scenario would be the best case for me.

The Ghost of Mex
10/10/2009, 09:54 AM
:pop:

Blues1
10/10/2009, 09:56 AM
Like your Midseason Wish List.....

I could also go for a OU ~ Norte Dame match up in the Fiesta Bowl - If ND can Win at least 10 games...!

Rock On....

IronHorseSooner
10/10/2009, 09:59 AM
Also, NO ND or Ducks! In that case, SUC would need to beat ND in South Bend. Since Stanford would beat Oregon and SUC, that would eliminate either one of those d**cheb***s!