PDA

View Full Version : Parking?

SoonerObsession
10/9/2009, 11:48 PM
About once a year I'm lucky enough to get tickets to a game in Norman. I love gameday! The only thing I have not figured out is a decent place to park. I'm finally taking my twin 7 year olds to their first OU football game and I'd rather not have to walk over a mile to get to the stadium. Any advice would be appreciated!

yermom
10/9/2009, 11:57 PM
you want cheap, or you want close? :D

when i get there late, i usually end up parking at a house East of Sarkeys, they'll wave you in...

drive anywhere near campus around Boyd and someone will wave you in for $20 or less. the earlier, the better. it used to be $10 to park in the Elm Garage or by Couch and CCE (OU staff lots, free for staff), but i haven't parked around there in a while, it might have changed

i parked for free West of Goddard one time on the curb, but i was super lucky to find it

sooner KB
10/10/2009, 12:01 AM
Just park in the Lloyd Noble parking lot for free and take the shuttle.

OKC-SLC
10/10/2009, 12:33 AM
you want cheap, or you want close? :D
when i get there late, i usually end up parking at a house East of Sarkeys, they'll wave you in...

this. go north across Boyd to a stretch of grass just east of the RR tracks, and there is an FFA which will charge you $10 to park. I used to live in that dumpy azz house just behind the law office and the gas station during my sr. year at OU.

SoonerObsession
10/10/2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks everyone for your responses. I think I'm going to try the Lloyd Noble Parking lot and take the shuttle.

Mjcpr
10/10/2009, 11:00 AM
That's also where all the best tailgates are held!

okiewaker
10/10/2009, 11:05 AM
If the above doesn't work, you can park at the Conoco on the corner of Classen and Lindsey or the Shell on the corner of Classen and Boyd. Both are$10 and within a mile.

Widescreen
10/10/2009, 11:55 AM
I always park in Reeves Park. It's free and not far at all.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/630/parking.jpg (http://img202.imageshack.us/i/parking.jpg/)

nighttrain12
10/10/2009, 10:44 PM
Just park in the Lloyd Noble parking lot for free and take the shuttle.

I know parking there is still free but I was surprised when I went today that they added back the $2 round trip charge. It was free to ride it last year. That's still a bargain though.