PDA

View Full Version : how does espn 360 work?

PDXsooner
10/9/2009, 11:47 PM
is it just basically watching the game for free on espn.com? if so, is the OU-baylor game on this tomorrow? i watched the mizzou-nebraska game on this and it was awesome, but i'm not sure if the OU-baylor game will be on here as well.

anyone know?

thanks

SoonerStud615
10/10/2009, 12:05 AM
Yes it is pretty much just watching the game on ESPN.com and yes, OU v BU will be on ESPN360. Generally any game on any of the ESPN network (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, abc) will be on 360. If you look on the schedule page on ESPN.com where it says what network the game is on it will say, for example, ESPN / 360.

olevetonahill
10/10/2009, 12:09 AM
Got a link
I may try it tomorrow just to see how it works on this Satilite carp

Sooner Among The Pack
10/10/2009, 12:13 AM
I ran it last week and was super impressed. The video quality has really come up and the delays have come down too. It's a much better value than ESPN Gameplan (given that I invested in Sunday Ticket instead). I'd def. hook it up, you won't be dissapointed. Only occassional regional blackouts.

olevetonahill
10/10/2009, 12:19 AM
What it aint FREE ?

PDXsooner
10/10/2009, 12:28 AM
I ran it last week and was super impressed. The video quality has really come up and the delays have come down too. It's a much better value than ESPN Gameplan (given that I invested in Sunday Ticket instead). I'd def. hook it up, you won't be dissapointed. Only occassional regional blackouts.

is it free? i watched the Mizzou-neb game for free, but wasn't sure if it is all free or if it costs $$...

olevetonahill
10/10/2009, 12:41 AM
Best I can tell from this , is if yer ISP has pd em for it its free since its already included in yer costs .
I dint see Hughes Sat. on there tho.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN360

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN_360#Controversy

Sirus
10/10/2009, 02:35 AM
Yes it is free and has decent quality. better than that surfingthenet crap.

sooner59
10/10/2009, 03:47 AM
Well, it depends on your provider. Cox is now supporting ESPN 360. You just have to check with whatever cable/satellite company you use.

Crucifax Autumn
10/10/2009, 04:40 AM
I think it's great. I actually have a better picture on the computer than on my crappy TVs and I get next to no delay.

I also think it's pretty cool not having any local ads so sometimes it just goes to a screen with espn radio playing during those breaks which sucks, but other times it goes to a static cam on the field which I enjoy since you can kinda see what's going on during the timeouts.

I really like how last year my internet provider had it and I was panicking now that I had to move to Cox and just in time they added it.

adoniijahsooner
10/10/2009, 06:38 AM
Here is the direct link. Olevet you may not be able to watch it if you live in OK, because of the regional blackouts.

http://espn.go.com/broadband/espn360/channels?channel=3577604&

sooner518
10/10/2009, 07:40 AM
if your cable/internet provider has a deal with them, its free. if they dont, you are SOL.

from what I can tell, they've got security locked down pretty good on it. HOWEVER, there seems to be a pretty big loophole which is as follows:

My ISP (ATT Uverse) carries ESPN 360, however I visited friends in Denver a few weeks ago on Comcast. Comcast does NOT carry ESPN360. Before I went there, I was on ESPN360 here at my home and all you have to do is "Enable Remote Access" on your ESPN360 account. Then when you get to a non-360 ISP, you should be able to use it by signing in with your username.

That's how it worked for me. I was able to watch ESPN360 on my laptop using this "remote access". The only caveat is that you have to enable it while you are on a 360 Providing ISP.

And yes, ESPN360 is quite awesome.

okiegirl
10/10/2009, 07:51 AM
I was going to switch from Charter, here in DFW area. But when they offered this to us I have decided to keep them. I have seen several games and you also get to watch replays of games. I love it!!

Blues1
10/10/2009, 08:17 AM
Here in California Where I live Time Warner does Not Carry ESPN 360. So I've been Watching OU Games on Justintv.sports. So I was able to see the Miami-OU game which was not in my ABC Region Map.I expect to see OU-Baylor game there today also....It Cost Nothing - You Just need High Speed Internet...If you are on The West Coast or in California TRY THIS LINK --

http://www.atdhe.net/

Have Fun Keep Rockin....
Our Season Starts Today...!!!!

PS - IF you DON'T see OU game Listed - Don't Worry = Just Before Kickoff Someone will Stream the Game - So it should be Available....

Frozen Sooner
10/10/2009, 08:35 AM
It's also free if you're on a university network. So I'll be heading down to the school in a couple of hours to watch.

iwannabelikesam
10/10/2009, 08:58 AM
is it just basically watching the game for free on espn.com? if so, is the OU-baylor game on this tomorrow? i watched the mizzou-nebraska game on this and it was awesome, but i'm not sure if the OU-baylor game will be on here as well.

anyone know?

thanks

If you are in Portland, then yes the OU-Baylor game will be on it. If you live anywhere in the blue on this map, then it likely will be blacked out on espn360. They would rather you watch it on ABC.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/1007/091010_330pm.jpg

Dan Thompson
10/10/2009, 09:30 AM
My computer is really old and slow, but I connected the External Monitor to my 50" Pioneer Elite Plasma and it work somewhat better.

Now I need some fast MAC or PC.

Blues1
10/10/2009, 09:35 AM
My computer is really old and slow, but I connected the External Monitor to my 50" Pioneer Elite Plasma and it work somewhat better.

Now I need some fast MAC or PC.

Go to the Link Early.....There will be Less Load time needed ....(I ThinK)

Streaming TV on the internet can be tricky with Older computers - I'm watching ESPN Gameday Right Now on this Link --- Try it Out now....See how it Works...

http://www.atdhe.net/7215/watch-espn

Good Luck...

olevetonahill
10/10/2009, 11:24 AM
Here is the direct link. Olevet you may not be able to watch it if you live in OK, because of the regional blackouts.

Oh well I aint missed a game in a long time
Just thot Id try it and see, fer a Just in case deal

okiewaker
10/10/2009, 11:44 AM

Didn't work for me. Clicked on "Watch Live", a window popped up saying when prompted click on "run" to install a download, but that was it. Oh well.

okiewaker
10/10/2009, 11:47 AM
Aha, got it.

OKC-SLC
10/10/2009, 11:55 AM
This looks quite awesome.

When if ever would Gameplan offer any advantages over ESPN360.com?

okiewaker
10/10/2009, 11:57 AM
This is good. Very good. Watching Georgia Tenn

bluedogok
10/10/2009, 12:02 PM

If your ISP isn't tied into ESPN360, TimeWarner here in Austin isn't.

PDXsooner
10/10/2009, 12:05 PM
wow, this is awesome...i'm watching va tech - bc...

OKC-SLC
10/10/2009, 01:05 PM
If your ISP isn't tied into ESPN360, TimeWarner here in Austin isn't.

My ISP is, and I bought gameplan this year without knowing much about 360. That was not wise.

adoniijahsooner
10/10/2009, 01:57 PM
The reason I love it so much, is that you can go back weeks later and replay the games.

adoniijahsooner
10/10/2009, 01:59 PM

2 years ago there would be threads about gameplan, and I would keep trying to point people to espn360; but no one seemed to notice. Many people have lost money due to ignorance.

Frozen Sooner
10/10/2009, 02:01 PM
Many people have lost money due to ignorance.

This is somewhat of a truism for life.

Comcast in Tuscaloosa isn't tied in to 360, and in any event my internet is through another provider. However, since the law school is on a university domain, if I head over to the law school I can stream it for free over their network.

Which is why I'm at the law school right now.

PDXsooner
10/10/2009, 02:32 PM
2 years ago there would be threads about gameplan, and I would keep trying to point people to espn360; but no one seemed to notice. Many people have lost money due to ignorance.

wow, you're like prophet!

OKC-SLC
10/10/2009, 02:36 PM

I think I had looked into it where we lived before this summer, and I think it wasn't available on that ISP. Either way, it's available here and it seems quite cool.

OKC-SLC
10/10/2009, 02:47 PM
This is somewhat of a truism for life.

Comcast in Tuscaloosa isn't tied in to 360, and in any event my internet is through another provider. However, since the law school is on a university domain, if I head over to the law school I can stream it for free over their network.

Which is why I'm at the law school right now.

I hope you still have booze.

King Crimson
10/10/2009, 03:05 PM
It's also free if you're on a university network. So I'll be heading down to the school in a couple of hours to watch.

you shouldn't have to do that. if the university is your ISP, doesn't matter where you are. i watch 360 at home all the time.

it's awesome fo college hoops.

edit: i see you've addressed this in a post above.