PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Kenney

MarylandSooner
10/9/2009, 04:58 PM
I was looking through player bio's and noticed that Cameron Kenney was Garden City's CC FG Kicker and made 8 of 9 attempts with the longest being 52 yds last year.

Can Jimmy Stevens even kick a 52 ydr with a 30 mph wind at his back?

I have never heard any mention of Cameron as a good kicker before anywhere. Also, he was the punter and had a 47 yd average.

I wonder if the coaching staff has ever given him a chance. Does anyone know anything about this?

VA Sooner
10/9/2009, 05:00 PM
I had heard he had other talents such as kicking but didn't realize he had that much leg. Good to have on the team.

soonerinkaty
10/9/2009, 05:01 PM
Imagine the fakes we could pull off with him in there

CK Sooner
10/9/2009, 05:06 PM
Tress Way is our 50+ kicker.

Jimmy kicks 1-49.

OU-HSV
10/9/2009, 05:06 PM
I was looking through player bio's and noticed that Cameron Kenney was Garden City's CC FG Kicker and made 8 of 9 attempts with the longest being 52 yds last year.

I have never heard any mention of Cameron as a good kicker before anywhere. Also, he was the punter and had a 47 yd average.

I wonder if the coaching staff has ever given him a chance. Does anyone know anything about this?

Yes Stoops has said he's an impressive kicker. In fact, last I saw I believe he's our backup punter.

We've talked about this on here before.
I'm fine with letting him have a shot at some fg's if Jimmy stays inconsistent. Even if Kenney doesn't get a chance, Tress Way should (other than that one fg attempt they gave Tress against BYU).
But Tress Way has been a heluva punter, so I think we don't need to mess up Tress Way's mojo.

VA Sooner
10/9/2009, 05:22 PM
Don't mess with Tress' mojo... it's nice to have a punter with a huge leg.

gaylordfan1
10/9/2009, 05:28 PM
I think lil Jimmy has done pretty good this season. I actually wish they would have given him the chance against BYU. C. Kenney is a great athlete... I think the coaching staff just wants him to focus on the WR position. That where he is needed the most...IMO. Yeah, Tress has been pretty damn good this year.

SunnySooner
10/9/2009, 05:39 PM
Kicking game is leaps above last year, Way had some NICE punts against the Thugs.

I Am Right
10/9/2009, 05:42 PM

Yes, he is the backup punter!

gaylordfan1
10/9/2009, 05:43 PM
HE IS RIGHT!

OK2LA
10/9/2009, 05:49 PM
Interesting video of him at SS.com:

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kenney_cameron00.html

KingWKB
10/9/2009, 06:05 PM
I agree that the kicking game has improved tremendously since last year, but can we really rely on lil' Jimmy to get it done with the game on the line? I mean if he is lining up to kick a field goal outside 35 yards I break out in a sweat, maybe more sweat than him.

gaylordfan1
10/9/2009, 06:07 PM
He hasn't had his chance past 35 yards yet. Has he?

Collier11
10/9/2009, 06:14 PM
Guys, first of all, Jimmy Stevens was 8-12 as a true freshman including hitting 5 out of his last 6 I believe. He is 5 for 6 this year, he is a good kicker and thus far appears to be getting better. Also he is only a soph while Way is a fresh, we are set at kicker for a long time unless Stevens regresses

Curly Bill
10/9/2009, 06:42 PM
Guys, first of all, Jimmy Stevens was 8-12 as a true freshman including hitting 5 out of his last 6 I believe. He is 5 for 6 this year, he is a good kicker and thus far appears to be getting better. Also he is only a soph while Way is a fresh, we are set at kicker for a long time unless Stevens regresses

Stevens was only 8 of 12 because we had the good sense to not let him try from beyond about 35 yards. IMO we are far from set at kicker -- Stevens does not inspire confidence...

...he's sort of a Brent Venables of kickers. ;)

BoulderSooner79
10/9/2009, 06:58 PM
Jimmy Stevens adds excitement to the kicking game and you guys are a bunch of weenies.
:P

okiewaker
10/9/2009, 07:12 PM
The coaches probably have the "Wildcat Field Goal Formation" somewhere for Kenney.

MarylandSooner
10/9/2009, 07:15 PM
Jimmy adds excitement to the kicking game alright, a little to much excitementfor me.

BoulderSooner79
10/9/2009, 10:23 PM
That's what I mean - weenies. What, you want to know if it's going to be good before they even snap the ball? Where's the drama in that?

:D

prrriiide
10/10/2009, 02:23 AM
That's what I mean - weenies. What, you want to know if it's going to be good before they even snap the ball? Where's the drama in that?

I like to know if the chick has the clap ahead of time too...not all drama is good drama...

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/982I6vVB/945098.jpg

adoniijahsooner
10/10/2009, 07:08 AM
Stevens was only 8 of 12 because we had the good sense to not let him try from beyond about 35 yards. IMO we are far from set at kicker -- Stevens does not inspire confidence...

...he's sort of a Brent Venables of kickers. ;)

The Diet Coke of kickers...just 35 yds, not kicker enough.

badger
10/10/2009, 09:24 AM
I
am
a
fan
<<< See avvie